No more adult only aft pools?

Even though this doesn't affect the Vista, I did just that on my Vista post cruise survey.

Good idea. I had already filled mine out or I would have too.

I hope people continue to comment on both Carnival's and John's pages to make it known that the overwhelming majority of people are extremely dissatisfied with this decision. Maybe some letter writing is in order as well.

Just got off a 2 week cruise on the Pride 2 weeks ago and the pool and area was still adults only and hopefully won't change that any time soon, since my daughter will be on it for her honeymoon. The area and the small pool were crowded for the 2 weeks. My daughter has her own children and also does day care so was looking forward to getting away from children. We do about half of our cruises on Carnival with the only reason being that it is the cheap alternative. Children overrun most of the rest of the ship so if there is no "safe" area for adaults then I can see us using Carnival a lot less if at all.

Since the aft pool is also the Serenity area - it's not likely to change for the Pride.

The change seems to be ships that had the adult aft pool AND the Serenity in another location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope people continue to comment on both Carnival's and John's pages to make it known that the overwhelming majority of people are extremely dissatisfied with this decision. Maybe some letter writing is in order as well.

Posters on CC are less than 1% of passengers for any cruise. How do you know that the other 99% are against this change. Considering how many families with children (who actually enjoy the interaction with their kids) have been on my recent family cruises with Carnival I bet this is being embraced by many of them.

I knew that going in..So I used a comparison website as a base of information and stumbled across an online TA that discounted our cruise by 300 for our 2019 Havana sailing and 340 for our 2018 Havana sailing out of NYC. It ended up being a 12.9% discount including all port charges. It's also a group booking, so it's fully cancellable​ with no penalty.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Would you be able to share this information? Email? I know there are things that we can't post here, but I would love this type of info if there is anyway you could get it to me!! TIA

Since the aft pool is also the Serenity area - it's not likely to change for the Pride.

The change seems to be ships that had the adult aft pool AND the Serenity in another location.

Another reason why the Pride and Miracle are my favourite ships. No desire to go on their larger ships now, for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posters on CC are less than 1% of passengers for any cruise. How do you know that the other 99% are against this change. Considering how many families with children (who actually enjoy the interaction with their kids) have been on my recent family cruises with Carnival I bet this is being embraced by many of them.

And there are plenty of other places that parents can interact with their kids. Why is it such a crime to have one place (other than your cabin) where you can enjoy a little peace while dipping your foot into a pool?

Also, why do you think cruisers who visit different site would feel differently than cruisers who visit this site. It's called a "Sampling" for a reason. If 88% are against it here, more likely than not, 88% or so are against it on other sites as well.

If I remember correctly the Pride (and I assume the Miracle) do have a big screen for movies at night on the Lido deck.

Unfortunately, the Miracle does not. Have never checked into the Pride but I didn't think any Spirit class ships had the big screen.

Go check it out for yourself and see what the comments are. That's how I found out what happened. WAY more people putting Carnival on blast for the change. Oh and it took effect half way through people's cruises no less.

Just curious. Why did you vote that you wish them to be family friendly? There are other places for kids to get wet including the recently added Waterworks on Glory as well as the main pool. The aft pool was the only place that adults could go without being bothered. And as one person said, it could also be to the kids' benefit so they wouldn't have to deal with "cranky old people" in so many words.

This isn't about Carnival turning into an adults only line and banning children. We all know that there will be kids. Duh! Most of us have kids and don't have anything against them. There are other places that families can spend time with their precious little angels. What is wrong with wanting a place to take a dip in a pool without having to deal with them? The answer? Nothing.

I doubt its the majority. Large corporations study their decisions in great depth before doing it. Fact is, they must feel that this is a good choice to get more business. That's the only reason you make a decision like this? Does this increase our marketshare within our target market. I'm not sure what their ideal target market is, but I'm guessing its 30-50 year old adults with kids. It sucks for all the kid free cruisers, but I doubt it's a decision carnival reverses anytime soon.

I doubt its the majority. Large corporations study their decisions in great depth before doing it. Fact is, they must feel that this is a good choice to get more business. That's the only reason you make a decision like this? Does this increase our marketshare within our target market. I'm not sure what their ideal target market is, but I'm guessing its 30-50 year old adults with kids. It sucks for all the kid free cruisers, but I doubt it's a decision carnival reverses anytime soon.

It's not just kid free cruisers that enjoyed the adults only pool. And I highly doubt Carnival did any type of study because if they did they would have seen that this is not a good choice. I'm not just talking about on here, but also via the other social media outlets. Waterworks on Glory alone should have been enough to attract their target market share if in fact it is people with kids.

Now what they did was isolate themselves from a whole other group which is either people without kids, or people with kids that like to spend time in a pool without their own or other people's children. I fail to see how this is a good thing.

It's not just kid free cruisers that enjoyed the adults only pool. And I highly doubt Carnival did any type of study because if they did they would have seen that this is not a good choice. I'm not just talking about on here, but also via the other social media outlets. Waterworks on Glory alone should have been enough to attract their target market share if in fact it is people with kids.

Now what they did was isolate themselves from a whole other group which is either people without kids, or people with kids that like to spend time in a pool without their own or other people's children. I fail to see how this is a good thing.

Well it's clear you haven't thought about it enough. See again a business just doesn't make a change like this without giving it much thought. Carnival also has the benefit, of being able to look at the booking rates on fantasy class ships.(ships that have only one pool, and no adult pool) that data alone probably told them it wasn't a big deal. I'm sure the rates of kid free adults booking fantasy class cruise's are similar to those booking ships with kid free pools. As such their data told them they wouldn't see a huge shift in market share. Regardless of what you think, it's clear that carnival's number one goal is to have the cheapest cruise prices out there. As long as they do that their market share won't suffer. For all the so called carnival loyalists out there, if their prices were the same as NCL, or RCCL you would see people starting to cruise them.

I highly doubt many of the folks that have their panties in a wad will stop cruising with carnival. What will happen is they will get mad for a few days. When they go and book their next vacation they will check out other vacations that offer kid free areas, and when they see the cost savings on carnival decide that a kid free pool isn't as important as saving several hundred dollars.

This is a real bummer! We are going on our first cruise in May on the Valor and was very excited to see they had an adults only area. I have 4 kids (the three still at home are going with us 9, 12 and 17). The ones that are going with us have been signed up for their respective clubs and I was really looking forward to spending some quiet adult time with my hubby while they were there.

Well it's clear you haven't thought about it enough. See again a business just doesn't make a change like this without giving it much thought. Carnival also has the benefit, of being able to look at the booking rates on fantasy class ships.(ships that have only one pool, and no adult pool) that data alone probably told them it wasn't a big deal. I'm sure the rates of kid free adults booking fantasy class cruise's are similar to those booking ships with kid free pools. As such their data told them they wouldn't see a huge shift in market share. Regardless of what you think, it's clear that carnival's number one goal is to have the cheapest cruise prices out there. As long as they do that their market share won't suffer. For all the so called carnival loyalists out there, if their prices were the same as NCL, or RCCL you would see people starting to cruise them.

I highly doubt many of the folks that have their panties in a wad will stop cruising with carnival. What will happen is they will get mad for a few days. When they go and book their next vacation they will check out other vacations that offer kid free areas, and when they see the cost savings on carnival decide that a kid free pool isn't as important as saving several hundred dollars.

Fantasy Class ships sail the short booze cruises mostly so absolutely they would attract a different type of clientele. If people wanted ships with no adults only area, they wouldn't have put Havana on Vista Class ships. But they did and it is extremely popular. If people loved the Fantasy Class ships so much, they would build smaller ships. But they don't.

Look, we can debate this forever but I'm not going to. However they arrived at this latest idea, I can tell you they have no concern for a significant portion of their clientele. And who exactly thought it was a brilliant idea to start it half way through a cruise with no prior warning? More research, right? [emoji849].

Anyway, we can agree to disagree. You know my feelings and I can respect yours.

People that are unhappy I hope continue to voice their opinions (not only on here as it appears this forum is not good enough or irrelevant in the grand scheme of things according to some) to Carnival. Write, post on social media, do whatever. There is power in numbers.

We're not asking to change something that actually costs them money to implement (I'm not talking about what they think they may make by attracting more kids or whatever their train of thought may be). Simply putting the signs back up and letting the adults who pay for the kids to go to have a little respite from them that includes a pool. That is all.

Fantasy Class ships sail the short booze cruises mostly so absolutely they would attract a different type of clientele. If people wanted ships with no adults only area, they wouldn't have put Havana on Vista Class ships. But they did and it is extremely popular. If people loved the Fantasy Class ships so much, they would build smaller ships. But they don't.

Look, we can debate this forever but I'm not going to. However they arrived at this latest idea, I can tell you they have no concern for a significant portion of their clientele. And who exactly thought it was a brilliant idea to start it half way through a cruise with no prior warning? More research, right? [emoji849].

Anyway, we can agree to disagree. You know my feelings and I can respect yours.

People that are unhappy I hope continue to voice their opinions (not only on here as it appears this forum is not good enough or irrelevant in the grand scheme of things according to some) to Carnival. Write, post on social media, do whatever. There is power in numbers.

We're not asking to change something that actually costs them money to implement (I'm not talking about what they think they may make by attracting more kids or whatever their train of thought may be). Simply putting the signs back up and letting the adults who pay for the kids to go to have a little respite from them that includes a pool. That is all.

you summed it up. It's your feelings. Me personally I could care less. No feelings here, just stating facts. Carnival made this choice, because they feel it will lead to more business. That's a fact. a for profit publicly traded company won't make a decision like this on a whim. If you don't like that choice, then you're free to take your business elsewhere, and while a small percentage will. Fact is most book carnival based on cost and value, and that's still there. That's why you and almost everyone else complaining on here will continue to book carnival cruises!

you summed it up. It's your feelings. Me personally I could care less. No feelings here, just stating facts. Carnival made this choice, because they feel it will lead to more business. That's a fact. a for profit publicly traded company won't make a decision like this on a whim. If you don't like that choice, then you're free to take your business elsewhere, and while a small percentage will. Fact is most book carnival based on cost and value, and that's still there. That's why you and almost everyone else complaining on here will continue to book carnival cruises!

I wonder how much it helped their bottom line when they started adding Serenity areas. I chose my cruises in part because of that. It was only after I booked Conquest did I realize it didn't have it and I couldn't change because I was already in penalty phase. I am truly curious as to how many more people will change their mind and now book Carnival exclusively because the kids get to use the little pool in the aft vs because Glory just got Waterworks. They pale in comparison.

True, I may book one more Carnival cruise on a Conquest Class ship only because I have some friends going later on in the year and I would like to cruise with them, but beyond that I am honestly not so sure. I have been thinking about the Pride for a change, which will still be Carnival. But I am also going to start looking at Celebrity again. I like the fact that if you travel solo, you earn double points amongst other things.

I have only had an issue with a handful of changes such as this, when they diluted the Gold VIFP perks, and the booze pick up the morning of debarkation. I can see where a lot of the changes they make are for the betterment of things like staggered check in, not allowing bottles to be brought on, having S&S cards in the mailboxes, etc. Those changes do end up in some way of making/saving Carnival money no doubt, but there is also usually a positive to the consumer as a whole. This decision still IMHO does neither. But your'e right. They must have a good reason for doing it.

I thought only the Conquest class had the aft pool as adult only (one of the reasons I like the conquest class)??

ETA: Holy crap, after reading the rest of the thread, that sucks. I really enjoy my carnival cruises and even this won't drive me away but it was nice to be able to get away from all of the noise every so often. One fewer places of refuge.

Phew! I am glad to hear that it wasn't an adults only pool!

When I wasn't allowed to drink a bottled beer in my lounger at the aft pool, I already felt like it wasn't really an adult area.

Glass bottles are forbidden around any pool area on every ship. That's just common sense. :rolleyes: