Diamond lounge tipping

bmac1

If some guest tries to ask for your seapass to verify if you are allowed in, just order a drink from them.

Why on earth would another guest ask to see your seapass? It is none of their business.

44 cruises and counting.

Why on earth would another guest ask to see your seapass? It is none of their business.

44 cruises and counting.

They want to see if you are supposed to be there or not. Agreed, none of their business. Best to shut 'em down immediately with a dose of humility.

They want to see if you are supposed to be there or not. Agreed, none of their business. Best to shut 'em down immediately with a dose of humility.

It has never happened to us but if anyone did i would tell them to get lost as they are not the consierge.

44 cruises and counting.

I followed Clareas advice and tipped $1 for every drink we got and the waiters were surprised but pleased and the service was good.

This was a 3 night cruise on Independence but i found the hot buffet in the Diamond lounge poor when we arrived around 7pm.

The first night i only had the barbequed hot dogs but the next 2 nights and it was a first for me i had nothing because there was very little on display and it looked like scraps and i never saw them replenish anything.

44 cruises and counting.

• 2 years later...
35 minutes ago, the mistral wind said:

Love the 2 bill idea maybe if I have time I will go to bank and get them before my jan 4th   cruise 

Well, you brought up a two+ year old thread, but my feeling remains the same.

Use $1 bills.  $2 are strange things to many people, and even banks.  Why make  their lives even a smidgeon more difficult?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Use $1 bills.  $2 are strange things to many people, and even banks.  Why make  their lives even a smidgeon more difficult?

I agree, need to make it easy for them to use.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

3 hours ago, maggieq said:

I agree, need to make it easy for them to use.  

As I stated 2 years ago.....we'll see who gets their drinks faster.

I've even given the bartenders and servers a choice between 2 ones and one two and in every circumstance except one they've taken the 2 dollar bill. When I've run out of two's.... they are always disappointed.

Don't act like you know what a server wants. They are adults not poor uneducated children. You probably bring them chocolates too thinking that's what they want.....😎

Edited by Beachammo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

I've even given the bartenders and servers a choice between 2 ones and one two and in every circumstance except one they've taken the 2 dollar bill. When I've run out of two's.... they are always disappointed.

Don't act like you know what a server wants. They are adults not poor uneducated children. You probably bring them chocolates too thinking that's what they want.....😎

I'm going to try and find a roll of Sue B's or some Sacajawea's 🤣🤣

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

I don't know what the servers want.  YOU know what the servers want.

Got it.

Just now, Beachammo said:

Hey John!!

As you know I've moved on to giving out Eisenhower dollars on my last 4 cruises. Taking both on my Caribbean cruise next week.

1974S_Eisenhower_Obverse.jpg

Those bad boys are to heavy.

Hanging out with the kids in Atlanta. Pat says hi.  He's joining us on the March TA. Getting the team back together. 12 days on Allure😉

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Those bad boys are to heavy.

Hanging out with the kids in Atlanta. Pat says hi.  He's joining us on the March TA. Getting the team back together. 12 days on Allure😉

Tell Pat and Laura Happy New Year from us. Sorry to hear you've chosen the Barge of the Seas (Just Kidding). We'll be on Rhapsody doing the April TA and then heading to Scotland for a week with some of our English friends. 

Hope to see y'all soon!!

4 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Tell Pat and Laura Happy New Year from us. Sorry to hear you've chosen the Barge of the Seas (Just Kidding). We'll be on Rhapsody doing the April TA and then heading to Scotland for a week with some of our English friends. 

Hope to see y'all soon!!

Rhapsody dosen't have Genies. 😉

Plus, we have a corner aft😎🍾

Happy New Years to you and Leslie

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I agree.

We have been to the US many times since 1992 and never seen a $2 note.

On 4/12/2017 at 11:13 AM, clo6216 said:

We will be dining often in Coastal Kitchen for the first time on our upcoming cruise and plan to tip each evening. Can someone suggest an appropriate amount for two people?

We tipped ten dollars for the two of us on each night after dinner. I believe that to be enough, since some don’t even tip at all.

On 4/12/2017 at 7:16 AM, bmac1 said:

What is the acceptable way to tip the staff in the diamond lounge? Do you tip for each drink? Tip at the end of each night or tip on the last night?

Go to the bank.
Get $2.00 bills USA 🇺🇸.

Find the guy or gal server ya like and give them a $2 every now and then.

.............They’ll remember you guaranteed!!!

4 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

I love the idea of using $2 bills.  I don't see why anyone would tell you otherwise.  It's your choice, do what makes you feel happy!

A lot of places don't believe the $2 bill is real and people might have issues spending them outside the US.  Heck, even IN the US a lot of cashiers are blown away by it. Try using $2 bills in your day to day life in the US and you may be surprised how much pushback you get.  

Nice gesture, certainly a way to be remembered, but might ultimately cause hassle for the recipient.  

Is it about thanking the recipient, or the giver feeling good and being remembered? 

Unbelievable!!

So people that give out 2 dollar bills are being criticized for making the servers suffer with these notes...lol 

If you're giving out 2 bucks per drink....you are probably the biggest tipper in the room. Most don't tip at all and the rest maybe one dollar.

As I've stated before when I've given the choice between 2 ones and a single two, they always take the two. 

Thanks for your wisdom......not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Which cabin?  We are booked B2B 2/15 and 2/22 favorite corner aft 8596.  🙂 

Hey Island Lady

John's on Allure for the TA

I'll be in 8596 on Rhapsody for the April 18th TA. Take care of the cabin. Hide a beer in the closet....lol

• Thanks 1