Clothing iron , bring or not ?

Hi Settingsail,

A quick answer NO. There are many reason not to and if you use the search you will find threads regarding irons. A suggestion to you would be to put outfits in cleaner bags on hangers and they usually don't get wrinkled. We do that for our cruises and the clothes are still fine when we take them out.

The ship also has a pressing service which is half the price of the dry cleaning, so it's quite reasonable. I have also heard that people take steamers and they seem to be ok.

Enjoy your cruise, without the iron!!!

Katie

This will be a heated topic (no pun intended).

We bring a small cheap iron with us when we cruise.

This last cruise we decided to just send everything that needed pressing to the be done on the ship. $1.50 a dress shirt is well worth it to me when we are on vacation. We never even plugged the iron in. From now on we will do the same thing. I don't feel like ironing on vacation :)

Irons, candles and heating pads are not allowed due to fire hazards. In the case of the irons, it has to do with their effect on the electrical wiring system of the ship. They also do not provide ironing boards. Best bet, send it out to the service on the ship and pack in the dry cleaners bags.

Not directed at you, settingsail....but I can not believe how many times this question comes up, or how many people are worried about wrinkles in their clothes. I would never even think about bringing an iron on a vacation. I don't think I have even ironed at home in 15 years, DH still buys wrinklies and I think he irons. When we were leaving for Monarch, I noticed my Aloha shirt that I was wearing was wrinkled, I sprayed Wrinkle releaser on it while I was wearing it, looked fine in front. Had DH spray back.

Are you buying linen clothing or something? Perhaps I am just not a fashionista, but really....Your clothes have been in a suitcase, and they will get wrinkled while you are wearing them, anyway:D And people really notice much less than you think they do!

I must say once again , I igore all posters that find it necessary to complain about someone asking a simple question. Years ago Carnival handed out irons on board to the first people that inquired about them . Yes, it would be nice not to be a big ball of wrinkles on formal night !!!

Now, for everyone that finds that they have to seek out threads so they have something to ----- about , I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and hope you find something to be thankful for :rolleyes:

I like to bring a small steam iron with me for RC cruises because they do not have irons available and sometimes it takes too long to get things back pressed. I liked that Carnival had a laundry room that I could iron in myself - that was very convenient. My small steam iron works to get tough wrinkles out. What also works is putting your clothes in the bathroom with you when you shower because it gets very steamy in the small bathroom and tends to take most wrinkles out with the steam. I hate ironing too - but I hate looking wrinkled more. LOL - call me crazy, and my dh usually does, but yes, I iron on cruises....

Cathy

A view from a male perspective!

Nothing wrong with trying to look your best, even on vacation. I respect people who take pride in how their clothes look!

What I do is Pre-iron everything VERY well, then pack, and just use the travel steamer for little touch ups onboard. It's cheap and easy!

It's just an attempt at irony! Iron's are not allowed because they are a fire hazard. A cigarette is allowed along with the open flame with which you light it. I've never heard of a house burning down because someone left the iron on but I am very familiar with stories of houses catching fire when someone fell asleep with a lit cigarette. That's it . . . just irony!

--dave :)

It's just an attempt at irony! Iron's are not allowed because they are a fire hazard. A cigarette is allowed along with the open flame with which you light it. I've never heard of a house burning down because someone left the iron on but I am very familiar with stories of houses catching fire when someone fell asleep with a lit cigarette. That's it . . . just irony!

--dave :)

Think electrical fire - much more dangerous than a cigarette fire (although I think they should be banned in cabins as well)

A little bit off topic here, but thought I would share a really neat product if you have not already seen it or used it.

tidetogo_product_package.gifThis product is amazing! I spilled coffee all over a guest at my house last week and used this stick on her shirt.....believe it or not, the stains came out right away!! It's small and worth packing when you don't have access to a washer and dryer...:rolleyes:

Thanks CKrobin

I will send DH to the store tonight to grab one . I hear that sometimes when they take the kids to get ice cream at the oceaneers club they tend to come back wearing most of it LOL :) . I am not excatly Mrs neat especially when it comes to wearing white , and it only seems I wear food on me only when I'm wearing white , they tease me about it at work HEHE.

Archived