Drink package for $2.73 per day.

grandgeezer

October 19, 2017 is a 11 day Western Med cruise on the Silhouette. According to their web site, a balcony is $1719 with no perks and $1899 with two perks. Say one perk is the$150 p.p. obc, so subtract that and the price is $1749 p.p., and if you subtract that from the no perks price, the second perk cost you $30 p.p. $30 divided by 11 days is $2.73 per day which is what the drink package cost. You can't even get a small bottle of water for that. How can they possibly make any money, could it be the $155.39 p.p. per day you are paying for an obstructed view balcony (the $1719 divided by 11 days you are paying for no perks)? Taxes and fees and gratuities are figured in to the calculation as it is the same for both scenarios.

The difference between the 'perks' price and the 'no perks' price is sometimes substantial and sometimes laughably small. I've seen it as small as a $50 difference. Just varies based on how rooms are selling.

That being said, I can't find a sailing for the silhouette 11 days on 10/19/17, the silhouette will be in the middle of a 12 day itinerary that starts on 10/11, so can't look it up for myself to see what prices you are seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The difference between the 'perks' price and the 'no perks' price is sometimes substantial and sometimes laughably small. I've seen it as small as a $50 difference. Just varies based on how rooms are selling.

That being said, I can't find a sailing for the silhouette 11 days on 10/19/17, the silhouette will be in the middle of a 12 day itinerary that starts on 10/11, so can't look it up for myself to see what prices you are seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Closest I can find is W. Med 11N 10/9/17 on Reflection with Veranda 2 perk at $1799 and Veranda 55+ 0 perk at $1619 - also $30 difference for the CBP after subtracting out $150 OBC.

Closest I can find is W. Med 11N 10/9/17 on Reflection with Veranda 2 perk at $1799 and Veranda 55+ 0 perk at $1619 - also $30 difference for the CBP after subtracting out $150 OBC.

I stand corrected, it is the Reflection. I was pricing the Silhouette at the same time and wrote down the wrong ship.