Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

• 4 weeks later...

What would your choice for hotel be between the Radisson Blu Royal or the Scandic Copenhagen.

Which would be a better location. Is there any shopping or restaurants nearby? Would they be walking distance to Nyhavn? Is there a Hop On Hop Off bus nearby?

What would your choice for hotel be between the Radisson Blu Royal or the Scandic Copenhagen.

Which would be a better location. Is there any shopping or restaurants nearby? Would they be walking distance to Nyhavn? Is there a Hop On Hop Off bus nearby?

They are located very close to each other but Radisson has a ho/hobus stop almost at the door step and is also located closer to public transportation and a huge taxi rink (is that the name?) if you need that instead.

Question for Danish Viking: We have a 6:00am flight so think the Clarion Hotel Copenhagen may be our best choice as it appears to have a walkway to the airport terminals. Does that seem to be the best option for such an early flight? Any other suggestions?

Only to to 30 minutes extra sleep. :D

If you live close to a metro station you can get to the airport 24/7 and there are some hotels along the metro line to the airpot that most likely is cheaper.

They are located very close to each other but Radisson has a ho/hobus stop almost at the door step and is also located closer to public transportation and a huge taxi rink (is that the name?) if you need that instead.
Depending on your tolerance for walking, almost all if central Copenhagen is walkable. The Radisson is right by Tivoli, train station, ho/ho bus, Radhaus, etc. The meat packing district isn't far with all its restaurant options. There are other more charming hotels like Star, Anderson & Absalon in the same general area. Nyhavn is a bit of a hike, but certainly walkable. It is also a stop on both ho/ho bus/boat tickets, so easily reachable.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year here from Køge south of Copenhagen (if we don't get in touch before.)

My new plans for this thread is of course to open a new 2018 thread with new and updated info on taxi, train/bus prices ( if there are any) and timetables and docking information.

I will make a new photo guide yo bus and trains to and from Ocean and upload the new pictures to Flickr.

The reason that my pictures doesn't show anymore is that Photobucket now charges 399$ each year to let me post my pictures on sites like this.

Is Airbnb a bad idea in Copenhagen?

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I'd say airbnb is a quite good option for Copenhagen. At least to get value for money since hotels have become quite expensive in the summer months.

In most cases it is legal to rent out apartments through airbnb (for shorter periods of time), but there has been some controversy about home owners using airbnb to conduct (often) illegal hotel business. If you look for apartments that looks like someone is living there (and with favourable reviews), then it will be uncontroversial and you shouldn't expect any trouble from neighbours etc.

I can't say that I'm a fan of Airbnb but if you go on a 2 weeks vacation to Thailand etc or use your weekend in your summer cottage, then I think its okay to rent it out.

But when people starts to rent apartments out for pure business, then the purpose of Airbnb is not there anymore.

The housing market in Copenhagen is overheating, so its crazy to take x amount of homes out of the market.

I can't say that I'm a fan of Airbnb but if you go on a 2 weeks vacation to Thailand etc or use your weekend in your summer cottage, then I think its okay to rent it out.

But when people starts to rent apartments out for pure business, then the purpose of Airbnb is not there anymore.

The housing market in Copenhagen is overheating, so its crazy to take x amount of homes out of the market.

I agree completely. Homes are built to be lived in (mainly) by residents, not to be hotel rooms. We have hotels and proper b&b's for that purpose.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year here from Køge south of Copenhagen (if we don't get in touch before.)

My new plans for this thread is of course to open a new 2018 thread with new and updated info on taxi, train/bus prices ( if there are any) and timetables and docking information.

I will make a new photo guide yo bus and trains to and from Ocean and upload the new pictures to Flickr.

The reason that my pictures doesn't show anymore is that Photobucket now charges 399$ each year to let me post my pictures on sites like this.

How is a new Langebro bridge contraction going? I was thinking to book CPH Living but wondering about the noise. Also, June 5 is Danish Constitution day and it is one of the two full days in Copenhagen we have. Whats open that day? Any suggestions? Thank you for your help!

Thanks for all the great information. We will be in Copenhagen on Brilliance of the Seas in July. After watching an episode of Delicious Destinations on Copenhagen, we are hoping to do a food tour to try what looks like amazing cuisine.

Any recommendations?

How is a new Langebro bridge contraction going? I was thinking to book CPH Living but wondering about the noise. Also, June 5 is Danish Constitution day and it is one of the two full days in Copenhagen we have. Whats open that day? Any suggestions? Thank you for your help!

Lille Langebro as it is called is scheduled to open this fall and the fundation work is done now.

Now they wait for the bridge deck to be shipped from Holland.

All tourist sites and restaurants is open on June 5th its only shops that are closed.

My favourites are Glyptoteket, the zoo and of course Tivoli.

But what do you want to see, art museums or castles?