Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Hi Danish Viking, can you please let me know if I want to travel from Oceankaj to the City Hall (Radhuspladsen); can I use a single ticket for the bus? There is a bus changeover at Osterport from bus 27 to bus 26; hence my question. Not sure if I need to get a second single ticket for the connecting bus.

There will be 4 of us, perhaps a taxi may be better in the interest of time as well? We have limited time to do a quick tour of the city plus lunch, ship is in port 0700-1600 only.

Your ticket is valid for 1 hour so just show it to the next bus driver.

25 is a special cruise shuttle that runs between Nørreport, Østerport and Oceankaj from the 29th of April to 2nd of October but the schedule is not announced yet.

So you can both take bus 25 and 27 to Østerport (or Nørreport with bus 25)

Surely you can take bus 26 from Østerport but it will take you through KOngens Nytorv and Christiansborg on the way to Rådhuspladsen.

A quicker thing to do is to get on any southbound S-train ( towards Køge, Solrød Strand, Hundige, Høje Taastrup, Ballerup or Frederikssund) and get off at Vesterport.

From here it takes 5 minutes to walk to the central station.

This can both be done from Østerport or Nørreport if you get on the 25 bus.

Or if you take bus 25 all the way to Nørreport you just take bus 5C towards Sundbyvester Plads or Københavns Lufthavn and get off 2 stops later at Jarmers Plads.

Thank you Danish Viking for this fabulous thread. We will be arriving on Silhouette to C190 on 7th August. We are thinking of going to Tivoli and also have a walk to see the Little Mermaid. Would it be best to go to Tivoli first, will their be taxis at the pier? What about a taxi for return journey are they readily available at Tivoli? Many thanks for your help.

The little mermaid is located just south of the Langelinie pier so if you do it first or last doesn´t matter.

At Tivoli you will find plenty of taxies at the next door central station, I´m not sure how many you will find at Langelinie but else you can take bus 26 directly to Tivoli.

The little mermaid is located just south of the Langelinie pier so if you do it first or last doesn´t matter.

At Tivoli you will find plenty of taxies at the next door central station, I´m not sure how many you will find at Langelinie but else you can take bus 26 directly to Tivoli.

Thank you so much for the info. :)

The ticket sale at the airport is closed so you need to use the ticket machines instead.

A single ticket ticket costs 89 kroner but you can buy a Øresund familie ticket that is valid for 2 adults and 3 children (under 16) and that costs you 144 kroner, so it will save you 34 kroner.

Its possible to buy both as return tickets, just double the price.

Just remember to bring your passport as there is stil a "temporary" border control in operation, you just get off the train in Hyllie and reboard the train againafter you have showed your passport.

The ticket sale at the airport is closed so you need to use the ticket machines instead.

A single ticket ticket costs 89 kroner but you can buy a Øresund familie ticket that is valid for 2 adults and 3 children (under 16) and that costs you 144 kroner, so it will save you 34 kroner.

Its possible to buy both as return tickets, just double the price.

Just remember to bring your passport as there is stil a "temporary" border control in operation, you just get off the train in Hyllie and reboard the train againafter you have showed your passport.

thank you very much!

Hi

We will be visiting Copenhagen at the end of May on the Sapphire Princess. We don't set sail until early the following morning so we may be in the city until quite late.

Can you tell me how late the 25 and 27 buses run please? I assume the S trains will run quite late but I don't want to be stranded at Nordhavn station with no bus to get me to Oceankaj.

Thanks

The last bus 27 for Oceankaj leaves Østerport station at 7PM (6PM on weekends). The schedule for bus 25 is not up yet, as it will be coordinated with the cruise ship arrivals. But last year, it didn't operate in the evenings either.

So your options are most likely to take a taxi or walk from Nordhavn station which will take around 40 minutes. So that is a bit of a hike, but luckily the nights are light in late May.

You can check www.journeyplanner.dk for public transportation. Perhaps check in April to see how late bus 25 runs.

Thanks for the replies Danish Viking and Frederik. That is disappointing as I had intended to purchase the 24 hour travel card. Not much point if I need to get a taxi from Tivoli (or wherever) to get back anyway.

Walking isn't an option. My wife is not the healthiest.

I guess not much happens in Copenhagen after 7pm!

I guess not much happens in Copenhagen after 7pm!

Well a lot does happen, so I think it is a bit unfortunate that the busses to the cruise terminal stop running so early. All the other busses in the city operate until midnight or later (and all night friday and saturday). This is definitely something the municipality and the port should improve.

Well a lot does happen, so I think it is a bit unfortunate that the busses to the cruise terminal stop running so early. All the other busses in the city operate until midnight or later (and all night friday and saturday). This is definitely something the municipality and the port should improve.

OK thanks Frederik. Yes, it does seem a shame when our ship isn't leaving until the early hours of the morning that the public transport stops so early.

Oh well. Time to rethink our plans.

Thanks again for the info.

Normally the cruise ships has departed a long time before the last bus arrives and all the businesses also close down around the same time.

Nordhavn is still an industrial area so it will still be 5-10 years time before the city development reaches that area of the town.

Hi’ just a quick follow up question. What would a Taxi cost from Tivoli to the terminal.? Will a taxi take 4. Thanks

Whilst this question is being answered could someone please confirm whether I can pay for a taxi with my credit card? I'm assuming you can but I thought I should check.

Also, I'm also assuming that I will be unlikely to be able to get a taxi from Nordhavn station after the buses stop in the evening?

Whilst this question is being answered could someone please confirm whether I can pay for a taxi with my credit card? I'm assuming you can but I thought I should check.

Yes you can.

Also, I'm also assuming that I will be unlikely to be able to get a taxi from Nordhavn station after the buses stop in the evening?

It is probably easier to get one from Østerport station in the evening. But it wont cost that much more to take one from wherever you are coming from downtown, so it might not be worthwile to take the s-train and then get a taxi

Hello Everyone,

Thank you'all for all the info in this thread. I salute you Danish Viking for the time to answer all questions of fellow cruisers.

I have one question if any of you guys can help. We will be cruising on RC Serenade of the Sea to Norway in this coming August starting from Copenhagen. I wonder if I can use google map to go around. We have a T-Mobile unlimited North America data plan. From past experience this data plan works well in most cities in UK and Southern Europe. Will it work in the North as well?

Thanks,

Jollyflute

I have read nearly every thread relating to hotels but I need some help still. I have researched on Trip Advisor the hotels I thought suited us based on the recommendations in this thread. My problem is when I go to book the hotel directly there is a big discrepancy in pricing. I have always booked directly through the hotels website and not through the various booking links on TA. However, with this big of a difference I am considering it. So, do any of you go through, Trip Advisor, Hotels.com, Orbitz, etc?