Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

This thread and Danish Viking are a total blessing. Thank you! My wife and I will arrive at CPH on 6/11 and will spend 2 days before boarding the Zuiderdam on 6/13. We have booked the Cabinn Copenhagen and know we can get there via public transportation. We are thinking of getting the Copenhagen card and enjoying our 48 hours before beginning our cruise. Thank you

Every 20th minute from what I can see.

For some strange reason the bus only goes all the way out on the pier on week days

In the weekend and public holidays the bus only goes to Indiakaj, but its a very short walk from Langelinie.

Is there a spreadsheet anywhere in this thread about hotels? I’d like to book a hotel for the 2 nights before our cruise and 1 after, but I’m a bit overwhelmed looking through 36 pages!

Need something good for 2 adults and 2 kids, near central attractions, and including breakfast

Any suggestions?

Yes, thanks. I have been on journey planner and I think that I need to stick with Indiakaj. The times seem to vary from every 30 minutes in the morning to every 20 in the evening - I am looking at a Monday

That's strange, when I look on a Monday morning (next week) I mostly get 20th minute intervals. The departure times are a little bit uneven but its mostly a few minutes to one side or another.

Is there a spreadsheet anywhere in this thread about hotels? I’d like to book a hotel for the 2 nights before our cruise and 1 after, but I’m a bit overwhelmed looking through 36 pages!

Need something good for 2 adults and 2 kids, near central attractions, and including breakfast

Any suggestions?

What price range are we looking at per night and what are the dates When i know this info then I will come with a few suggestions.

General there is 2 main areas, one around Tivoli and the central station and one around Kongens Nytorv/Nyhavn at the other end of the pedestrian zone.

What price range are we looking at per night and what are the dates When i know this info then I will come with a few suggestions.

General there is 2 main areas, one around Tivoli and the central station and one around Kongens Nytorv/Nyhavn at the other end of the pedestrian zone.

Thank you! From what I’ve seen the range for a big enough room (kids are bigger- 10 and 13) is about $250-300. I’d hope to spend about the lower range of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good luck on finding cheaper prices and larger rooms. We are staying for two nights in June 23 and the hotels come out to over $300 per night. We have a hotel reserved near Nyhaun without air conditioning and a hotel by the city center with air conditioning. Danish Viking do you think we will need air conditioning at the end of June?

Good luck on finding cheaper prices and larger rooms. We are staying for two nights in June 23 and the hotels come out to over $300 per night. We have a hotel reserved near Nyhaun without air conditioning and a hotel by the city center with air conditioning. Danish Viking do you think we will need air conditioning at the end of June?

When I looked last night on Expedia I found rooms for a lot less but I’m overwhelmed by the choices

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Judged on the last few years then not.

But the winter has been warm for that time of year, we had around 5-10 degrees celsius in February.

So hopefully the beast from the East as the winter storm/cold front we had in the end of February/start of March was called doesn't destroy my hopes of get ting a warm summer.

But generally a open window should be enough.

I must agree with the other poster about the budget.

I can find plenty of hotels to your budget but then we are out in the suburbs.

In central Copenhagen I could find Ibsens, Loeven, Steel House, Scandic Copenhagen (and Sydhavn, but its a little bit further out) Hotel Saga and Wake Up hotel Carsten Niebuhrsgade.

If hostels is not out of the question then take a look at Danhostel Copenhagen City, if you book a family room then its not unlike a regular hotel.

Hello. I have a couple of transit questions. When I leave my ship I plan on taking the bus to the train to get to the airport. Do I need tickets for both the bus and the train, or will one 3 zone ticket work for both?

Is it possible to buy a transit ticket ahead of time? Can I purchase my ticket(s) before the cruise, but not use them until I return? Seems like single tickets must be used within one hour. Thank you.

No you have to buy it at the bus or at the ticket/souvenir shop called Town Shop located very close to terminal 2 just next to the big car park.

And the ticket is valid for 3 zones no matter if you use bus, harbour bus, metro S-train or regular train.

Seems like single tickets must be used within one hour.

Just to clarify. The three zone ticket is valid for 1h 30 minutes. The 2 zone ticket (e.g. centre to cruise terminal) is valid for 1h 15 minutes.

This means that you have to board the last means of transportation within the time limit.

For instance. You buy a three zone ticket at the cruise terminal at 8AM. You take bus 25 to Nørreport station. Then you can't board the metro for the airport later than 9.30 AM.

Time of puchase (and expiration, I think) is printed on the ticket.

I made a reservation at Ibsens. Thanks for the suggestions. I’m not really tied to a specific budget, but not looking for luxury either. More looking for convenience and enough room. So is ibsens a good choice? What about Kong Arthur? It seemed to b3 further from Tivoli and such though

I think ibsens is near the central train station? Many years ago was the only time I was in Copenhagen. I remember the train station had a surprisingly wonderful smorgasbord restaurant. Is that still the case?

Hi Danish Viking, do you know how loud the city hall bells are and their frequency and duration? Will it affect napping or sleeping hotels like the popular Scandic, and likely be heard from many distances away even with windows closed? Thank you for all the help you provide to people.

I made a reservation at Ibsens. Thanks for the suggestions. I’m not really tied to a specific budget, but not looking for luxury either. More looking for convenience and enough room. So is ibsens a good choice? What about Kong Arthur? It seemed to b3 further from Tivoli and such though

I think ibsens is near the central train station? Many years ago was the only time I was in Copenhagen. I remember the train station had a surprisingly wonderful smorgasbord restaurant. Is that still the case?

Ibsens gets good reviews on tripadvisor, as we speak the hotel is rated as the 17th best hotel in Copenhagen out of 119 so its not that bad.

Its located close to Nørreport station but here you can find the Torvehallerne food hall and they have very good Smørrebrød as smorgasbord is called in Danish.

Kong Arthus is located 250 meters away from Ibsens but is actually voted as the 10th best hotel.

Hi Danish Viking, do you know how loud the city hall bells are and their frequency and duration? Will it affect napping or sleeping hotels like the popular Scandic, and likely be heard from many distances away even with windows closed? Thank you for all the help you provide to people.

Out of the almost 2400 reviews "only" 40 of them talks about the clock tower, peraps there is more but only 40 reviews has tagged that word.

So it doesn´t seem like a big issue for most of the guest.

btw the bells is only on from 08:00 to 24:00.

Hello Danish Viking,

My family, (my husband, myself, DD24, DD16, DS10, and my mother 73), will be staying at the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, near the airport for a couple of nights in July. Could you give me your best opinion of how to get to Tivoli and any other main attractions? I know that's a broad question, but I really have no idea what to do there, I just figured the kids would enjoy Tivoli Park. Also, can you tell me how much Tivoli costs? Any help is appreciated. I'm sorry if this has already been answered, I just don't have time to read through 37 pages right now. :-(

Luckily the train and metro stops next to your hotel.

If you take the train you arrive in the area of Copenhagen where you find the national museum, Glyptoteket, Tivoli etc etc etc.

If you take the metro instead you arrive at Kongens Nytorv where you find Nyhavn, the canal tours, Amalienborg and Rosenborg.

The entrance to Tivoli is 120 kroner. but if you buy a Copenhagen Card instead you have free transportation and free entrance to the blue planet aquarium, Zoo, Tivoli, Glyptoteket, the national museum, both Stromma and Netto Bådenes canal tour and lots of other things.

The card also includes free transportation so you can use it to get to and from your hotel and downtown Copenhagen (24 kroner each way) and from the airport to the hotel (also 24 kroner) and to the cruise pier (also 24 kroner).

So you are easily looking at around 100 kroner only for transportation and around 150 kroner if you visit the zoo or the aquarium that are not in walking distance.

If you buy the 48 hour card it will cost you 549 kroner and 279 for the youngest kid.

If a 72 hour card is more suitable then its 659 kroner and 329 kroner.

Luckily the train and metro stops next to your hotel.

If you take the train you arrive in the area of Copenhagen where you find the national museum, Glyptoteket, Tivoli etc etc etc.

If you take the metro instead you arrive at Kongens Nytorv where you find Nyhavn, the canal tours, Amalienborg and Rosenborg.

The entrance to Tivoli is 120 kroner. but if you buy a Copenhagen Card instead you have free transportation and free entrance to the blue planet aquarium, Zoo, Tivoli, Glyptoteket, the national museum, both Stromma and Netto Bådenes canal tour and lots of other things.

The card also includes free transportation so you can use it to get to and from your hotel and downtown Copenhagen (24 kroner each way) and from the airport to the hotel (also 24 kroner) and to the cruise pier (also 24 kroner).

So you are easily looking at around 100 kroner only for transportation and around 150 kroner if you visit the zoo or the aquarium that are not in walking distance.

If you buy the 48 hour card it will cost you 549 kroner and 279 for the youngest kid.

If a 72 hour card is more suitable then its 659 kroner and 329 kroner.

Thank you! That is VERY helpful. :)

clear.png?emoji-smile-1742