Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Hi Danish Viking,

I want to say thank you! You are such an amazing person to help us all out.

I have another question. As I'm really just delving into all my research. I've been looking at the train from Copenhagen to Hamburg. I'm traveling with a teenager and his grandmother. We want to try something different, thus the train that goes on a ferry.

My question is, where is the train station in relation to the Airport. Or better yet, in relation to Cabinn City Hotel. I've put into the bahn train booking engine Copenhagen Airport as my starting location. Want to pick the right starting point.

Also, I noticed we will have to change trains at least one time shortly after our initial boarding. The system first showed me something where we had 9 minutes to get to next train. I then found one that gave us like 25 minutes. I think this is better for us. How difficult is it to change trains. It looked like we would have to go from a platform 1 to a platform 6. Are platforms generally close?

If you are leaving from the Cabin City You only have a 6 minute walk to the central station

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Cabinn+City,+Mitchellsgade+14,+1568+K%C3%B8benhavn+V/K%C3%B8benhavns+Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rd,+Bernstorffsgade,+K%C3%B8benhavn+V/@55.6718177,12.5656604,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652536cd58df8d1:0xb7b1e91f4c2d44d6!2m2!1d12.570829!2d55.6705182!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530d3d99c439:0x6d962cc8f3ae9f79!2m2!1d12.5648692!2d55.672689!3e2

For the direct train there seems to be 4 direct train each day and on every departure you take the Øresund train at 07:15, 11:15, 15:15 or 17:15 with arrival at the central station at XX:28.

The direct train then departs from the central station at 07:37, 11:37 etc etc

So you have 9 minutes to change train, if I was you I would take a earlier departure at 07:05 etc etc etc.

Just want to make sure that there will be currency exchange at Copenhagen airport so that I can exchange local currency or other currency upon arrival. I would prefer to limit any ATM withdrawal or exchange currency before flying out of US since I don't need too much and will try to use credit card as much as possible. Also since our flight does't arrive until 7pm, just want to confirm currency exchange will still be open if there is one. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are leaving from the Cabin City You only have a 6 minute walk to the central station

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Cabinn+City,+Mitchellsgade+14,+1568+K%C3%B8benhavn+V/K%C3%B8benhavns+Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rd,+Bernstorffsgade,+K%C3%B8benhavn+V/@55.6718177,12.5656604,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652536cd58df8d1:0xb7b1e91f4c2d44d6!2m2!1d12.570829!2d55.6705182!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530d3d99c439:0x6d962cc8f3ae9f79!2m2!1d12.5648692!2d55.672689!3e2

For the direct train there seems to be 4 direct train each day and on every departure you take the Øresund train at 07:15, 11:15, 15:15 or 17:15 with arrival at the central station at XX:28.

The direct train then departs from the central station at 07:37, 11:37 etc etc

So you have 9 minutes to change train, if I was you I would take a earlier departure at 07:05 etc etc etc.

I am sorry that I am having such problems understanding. I promise I'm a pretty smart traveler, but am just having a hard time with this part of our trip.

When I put the 3 passengers in, I see what you posted with the 9 minute train change.

But I'm also seeing this: Would it be an option, or am I just in the wrong area:

Koebenhavns Lufthavn st 10:55 5:27 1 R, EC 58,00 EUR  

171,60 EUR

Hamburg Hbf 16:22

Station/Stop Time Platform Products Further information

Koebenhavns Lufthavn st dep10:55 2 R 1043 OeresundzugDirection: Rungsted Kyst St.

Koebenhavn H arr 11:08 1

Transfer time 29 min.

Koebenhavn H dep 11:37 6 EC34 Eurocity Direction: Hamburg Hbf

Subject to compulsory reservation (Roedby --> Puttgarden)

Hamburg Hbf arr16:22 7E-I

Sorry, tried copying what I see and it didn't come out correctly. Let me try again

Edited by djmess
Make post readable

That is correct i typed 11:05 by mistake, its off course 10:55 that the train departs from the airport.

The 11:15 departure only gives you 9 minutes and the 10:55 gives you 29 minutes.

But just a curious question.

If you are staying at the Cabinn City why are you then searching for tickets from the airport.

It will be easier and less confusing if you just search from the central station.

That is correct i typed 11:05 by mistake, its off course 10:55 that the train departs from the airport.

The 11:15 departure only gives you 9 minutes and the 10:55 gives you 29 minutes.

But just a curious question.

If you are staying at the Cabinn City why are you then searching for tickets from the airport.

It will be easier and less confusing if you just search from the central station.

I finally figured it out. I did not realize how close the central station was and to be honest with not understanding the language, I had a hard time getting the Name of the Central Station in as the departure place for me. But I figured it out.

Thank you so much for your patience with me. I will definitely book from the Central Station. This is what I finally figured out to put in for the central station; Koebenhavn H

Airport was used because I knew that name. No other reason

I have been exploring with Google Earth.

Across from Nyhavn there has been what looked like a bridge that was not connected. I just caught an image of the same location and there was a thin bridge that now spans the canal. I saw a video of a bike bridge like this the other day. Is this that bridge?

Yes that is the kissing Bridge, its very infamous because it was delayed several years because the constructor went bankrupt and there was a problem with the unique opening and closing mechanism. (hence the nickname)

But the bridge is now open and is very popular, if you are going to visit Copenhagen Street Food this is the bridge to use.

Yes that is the kissing Bridge, its very infamous because it was delayed several years because the constructor went bankrupt and there was a problem with the unique opening and closing mechanism. (hence the nickname)

But the bridge is now open and is very popular, if you are going to visit Copenhagen Street Food this is the bridge to use.

When I read "kissing bridge" I thought "awe. Cute!" Now I have to translate that into mechanical failure! Well that might be the truth about many relationships.;p

After my question I went back to google earth and used the time feature to find the image I originally saw was 2015, and the most recent image [4/17] showed the completed project. I will keep this in mind when the eye in the sky shows work in progress. I gather that it was completed in the second half of 2016.

Now I was looking at how I was going to get to the Street Food market from Nyhavn. Question answered.

An additional comment, and complement to Copenhagen. What an outstanding public transit philosophy your city has. Enlightened might be the better word. The use of bikes, the design of access for bikes is nothing short of visionary. The commitment of residents to that mode of transportation in outstanding. [Well, as long as I do not step off a bus into one of them.;)] Couple this with the Metro, trains, and buses it is truly world class.

Makes one wish they could live there as an expatriate.

Hi Danish Viking,

Thank you so much for all of your help on this forum.

We are due to dock at 5:00am on 27th July (Regal Princess) in Copenhagen. Our flight to the UK is 11:45am.

Does this give us plenty of time to get to the airport on public transport.

Many thanks in advance

Lu

Hello Danish Viking,

As others have said, thank you for all of the info you provide. My question relates to the terminal and security structure at CPH airport.

We have a late flight out after disembarking the Getaway, 6:35pm. So even if we drag our feet, we will probably be at the airport 5 or 6 hours before our flight. (we are staying 2 days in Copenhagen before the cruise, so we do not plan to sightsee when we disembark).

I have a "Priority Pass" membership for the Aspire Lounge, which is in Terminal 2, but my flight departs from Terminal 3. (SAS Airlines, CPH-Newark) . The info I have found via several internet sources seems to indicate that after I go through security, T2 and T3 are connected "airside"... suggesting that I could check for my flight and drop off baggage, go through security then relax in the Aspire lounge in T2, without having to go back through security to board my flight in T3. Is this correct? Nothing is quite definitive on the internet re: this particular question.

Do you know?

thanks in advance!

Hi Danish Viking,

Firstly thank you for all the wonderful info.

I will be boarding NCL Getaway on 25th May which I understand may? Be a public holiday. Will I still be able to get the bus to port. I am staying at the Babette Guldsneden. If not how much would a taxi ( if possible) be to the port.

Also my flight home is on Sunday 4the June which I understand is the end of the Distortion Festival. Would it be wise to allow extra time to get to the Airport?

Many thanks

Jackie

Hi Danish Viking,

Thank you so much for all of your help on this forum.

We are due to dock at 5:00am on 27th July (Regal Princess) in Copenhagen. Our flight to the UK is 11:45am.

Does this give us plenty of time to get to the airport on public transport.

Many thanks in advance

Lu

That should not be a problem, if I was you I would plan to leave no later than 09:00 just to be sure.

Hello Danish Viking,

As others have said, thank you for all of the info you provide. My question relates to the terminal and security structure at CPH airport.

We have a late flight out after disembarking the Getaway, 6:35pm. So even if we drag our feet, we will probably be at the airport 5 or 6 hours before our flight. (we are staying 2 days in Copenhagen before the cruise, so we do not plan to sightsee when we disembark).

I have a "Priority Pass" membership for the Aspire Lounge, which is in Terminal 2, but my flight departs from Terminal 3. (SAS Airlines, CPH-Newark) . The info I have found via several internet sources seems to indicate that after I go through security, T2 and T3 are connected "airside"... suggesting that I could check for my flight and drop off baggage, go through security then relax in the Aspire lounge in T2, without having to go back through security to board my flight in T3. Is this correct? Nothing is quite definitive on the internet re: this particular question.

Do you know?

thanks in advance!

The only difference between terminal 2 and 3 is the check in area.

Everything else from Security screening and so on is practically in the same terminal.

By terminal 2 I think they mean the area around pier A and B, intercontinental flights departs from pier C but its only a 5-10 minute walk away.

But allow some extra time to get through the passport control, if its very busy then 20 minutes waiting time is not unheard of.

Hi Danish Viking,

Firstly thank you for all the wonderful info.

I will be boarding NCL Getaway on 25th May which I understand may? Be a public holiday. Will I still be able to get the bus to port. I am staying at the Babette Guldsneden. If not how much would a taxi ( if possible) be to the port.

Also my flight home is on Sunday 4the June which I understand is the end of the Distortion Festival. Would it be wise to allow extra time to get to the Airport?

Many thanks

Jackie

The busses just run after the Sunday schedule.

In the timetables on the first page you just look under Søn og Helligdage that means Sun and hollydays.

The streetparties during Distortion is Wednesday and Thursday so the traffic should not be affected.

Normally the last day is a chill out day with events in the parks and so on.

Can I use the outlet adapter that I used in Paris and London or do I need to purchase one that is for Denmark? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I was under the impression that the adapter in France was the same as in Denmark because of EU but now you make me unsure.

The ones in London is a different one, EU or not. :)

The only difference between terminal 2 and 3 is the check in area.

Everything else from Security screening and so on is practically in the same terminal.

By terminal 2 I think they mean the area around pier A and B, intercontinental flights departs from pier C but its only a 5-10 minute walk away.

But allow some extra time to get through the passport control, if its very busy then 20 minutes waiting time is not unheard of.

Thank you! exactly the confirmation I was looking for. One site stated that the lounge is accessible to all terminals but also mentioned the 'piers' , which confused me. It makes sense that I would still have to go through passport control due to flying to a non-Schengen country, we will allow plenty fo time for that.

Once agian, thanks for all your help!

The Swedish government have decided to strengthen the border controls but also to cease checking

id at the Swedish borders between Sweden and Denmark.

This should make it a little easier for those who are travelling by train from Copenhagen to Kastrup or Malmö.

http://www.regeringen.se/pressmeddelanden/2017/05/regeringen-skarper-granskontrollerna/

Sorry, there is no ID control in Kastrup anymore :D

The reason for the ID control in Kastrup was that DSB/Skånetrafikken could get a fine of 50.000 kroner if they transported persons to Sweden without legal ID so to avoid that they checked every person before boarding the train.

But now the Swedish government doesn´t require that of the transport companies so now the passport control will be caried out on the train between Kastrup and Hyllie.

Danish Viking,

Thank you so much for all of your help on this thread! I have another quick (I hope) question. We will be spending several days in Copenhagen before our cruise and I think I am OK with my arrangements at this point. On our return June 12, I made reservations on the 11:30 a.m. train to Hamburg, which looks like a great adventure!

I feel I should have plenty of time to get to the train station from the dock. Any advice for me? It will be three of us with a large roller bag each. Public transportation to the train OK or should we grab a taxi?

Thank you so, so much!

When looking at Journeyplanner.dk i get this timetable.

Bus 27 from Oceankaj at 10:41 or bus 25 at 10:40.

Yes thats correct you have 2 busses to choose from within one minute. :D

Get off at Østerport around 10-12 minutes later and take any southbound train to the central station no later than 11:07, so you have 30 minutes to do some shopping and find the correct train.

Danish Viking,

Thanks for your help. I have a few more questions about the busses. I'll be taking the bus from the Wakeup Borgergade to Oceankaj. Are there ticket machines near the hotel? If so, will a credit card with a chip but without a pin work? Also, is there a ticket machine at Oceankaj? I'm trying to figure out if I need to plan to have local currency or if I am good with a card.

There is no ticket machines at the bus stops so you need to have cash on you unless you are planning to use the Copenhagen Card.

At Oceankaj kaj its possible to buy tickets at the town shop next to the bus stop.

I don't know what kind of card they are taking but since its a tourist shop i assume they take most cards.

But if you are 2 persons then just take out 100 kroner so you have 48 kroner for each trip.

But if you are going to the Airport then you need more as a single ticket is 36 kroner compared to the 24 kroner as a single ticket cost.