Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Danish Viking!! This thread is awesome!! Thank you so much for your information and help!

We are having trouble deciding between the Nimb Hotel and the Hotel D'Angleterre - any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Bobby

We are traveling from the airport to our hotel Axel Hotel Guldsmeden. I see there is the metro and the train from the airport. Which one would be the closet and easiest to take from the airport to my hotel? I'm going to the cruise terminal from my hotel. Do I go back to central station and take bus #25 to the cruise terminal? To get back to the airport from the cruise terminal do I take the bus #25 to central station and from there take the metro or train back to the airport? Thanks everyone for all the help!!!

Danish Viking!! This thread is awesome!! Thank you so much for your information and help!

We are having trouble deciding between the Nimb Hotel and the Hotel D'Angleterre - any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Bobby

Nimb is probably the better option but note that they are currently expanding the hotel, the heavy work is done so noise should not be a problem, the new Nimb opens in November.

Recent reviews on TripAdvisor should give you a hint.

We are traveling from the airport to our hotel Axel Hotel Guldsmeden. I see there is the metro and the train from the airport. Which one would be the closet and easiest to take from the airport to my hotel? I'm going to the cruise terminal from my hotel. Do I go back to central station and take bus #25 to the cruise terminal? To get back to the airport from the cruise terminal do I take the bus #25 to central station and from there take the metro or train back to the airport? Thanks everyone for all the help!!!

So to clear things up

1, Bus 25 (or 27) goes to the central station.

2, the metro will first depart from the central station in summer 2019 and will not go to the airport.

Go to the central station and take a northbound S-train from track 9 or 10 and get off at Østerport.

Here you use my photo guide on page 1 to find the bus stop for bus 25.

When going home you take the bus back to Østerport and get on the airport train from there.

The busses just run after the Sunday schedule.

In the timetables on the first page you just look under Søn og Helligdage that means Sun and hollydays.

The streetparties during Distortion is Wednesday and Thursday so the traffic should not be affected.

Normally the last day is a chill out day with events in the parks and so on.

Thank you Danish Viking,

Just as a matter of interest how much would a taxi be from the Babette Guldsmeden to the cruise teminal.

Thanks

Hi Danish viking, thank you for all your postings. I have some questions but I will go one at a time. We will be at Copenhagen on May 26 to take the cruise on 27 and after we will go to north of Norway. We will use cash and the credit card Mastercard. We do not use ATMs to obtain cash. Does we need a code to give the merchants on our purchase ? From time to time here they ask me for the zip code. Do I need to contact the bank to give me a code ???

Do you mean your PIN? Most of the time in the US, we don't get a Pin, with our CC. I believe we can use our CC without a Pin or code.

Reading Rick Steves book indicates in the North Baltic countries they ask for a pin. We do not use a Pin here in USA.

Reading Rick Steves book indicates in the North Baltic countries they ask for a pin. We do not use a Pin here in USA.

Prior to traveling in Europe, phone your bank and set up a numeric PIN for your credit card. When traveling in Europe, you will be asked for your PIN when using your card, most situations. Credit card use has been easier for us on our last two trips to Europe with a Chip credit card; however most transactions did require the use of a PIN.

If you don't have a PIN, the Chip and signature may work for you, but European CC machines are not set up for signature transactions as in the U.S.

If you choose not to use ATM's while traveling, you may wish to get foreign currency from your local bank or AAA office prior to travel. We generally order our foreign currency online and it is delivered within a few days to our local bank.

Prior to traveling in Europe, phone your bank and set up a numeric PIN for your credit card. When traveling in Europe, you will be asked for your PIN when using your card, most situations. Credit card use has been easier for us on our last two trips to Europe with a Chip credit card; however most transactions did require the use of a PIN.

If you don't have a PIN, the Chip and signature may work for you, but European CC machines are not set up for signature transactions as in the U.S.

If you choose not to use ATM's while traveling, you may wish to get foreign currency from your local bank or AAA office prior to travel. We generally order our foreign currency online and it is delivered within a few days to our local bank.

Thank you PNW for your answer. It has been so long we have not been in Europe taking care of our baby who now is 11 years old. So things have change a lot.

Danish Viking,

I called the bank on Saturday and they are sending me the pin number. On another question I would like to know which will be the port of arrival at Stockholm. We will be in the 27 May Cruise Serenade of the Seas, Royal Caribbean departing from Copenhagen.

Danish Viking,

I called the bank on Saturday and they are sending me the pin number. On another question I would like to know which will be the port of arrival at Stockholm. We will be in the 27 May Cruise Serenade of the Seas, Royal Caribbean departing from Copenhagen.

I assume you have the typical card [chip and signature ] . Now is your card a chip-pin-signature?

I assume you have the typical card [chip and signature ] . Now is your card a chip-pin-signature?

Yes, it is. We just use chip card and signature in USA but in Europe when you use a card then you have to enter a pin number and not signature. So I asked the bank to send me the pin number even that we do not take money from the ATMs.

How hard is it to get a taxi from Oceankaj cruise terminal to the Copenhagen airport? We will be arriving back into Copenhagen on Serenade of the Seas on May 20th (scheduled for 7am) and will disembark from the ship as soon as it is cleared. We will take our bags with us off the ship first thing. We have a 1030 am flight and will need a taxi right away. Thanks!

Your ship is the only one at Oceankaj that day and being a weekend the traffic at the port should be less heavy compared to a weekday.

So if you are one of the first out of the ship it should not be a problem to be at the airport around 8-8:30.

The trip takes around 30 minutes and at this hour traffic congestion should not be a problem.