Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

How hard is it to get a taxi from Oceankaj cruise terminal to the Copenhagen airport? We will be arriving back into Copenhagen on Serenade of the Seas on May 20th (scheduled for 7am) and will disembark from the ship as soon as it is cleared. We will take our bags with us off the ship first thing. We have a 1030 am flight and will need a taxi right away. Thanks!

Please do report back on your experience as I have booked similarly on a later sailing. Thanks!

If its in the rush hour then you can probably add 10 minute or so to the trip, I have heard horror stories here on CC of people using 40 minutes just to get out of the port but I would say that you should be very unlucky if that happened to you.

From what have heard some of the traffic issues has been with trucks coming from the reclamation area further out in Nordhavn.

But since the metro expansion is done with the tunnelling work there should be fewer trucks in the area.

But what day is it because the number of ships also has something to say about how busy it is.

We will be arriving back to Copenhagen on June 3 and would like to take the tour for the city with RC. This tour will begin at 9 am and for 3 hours. Then we will be left at the airport. Of course because of luggage taking from the bus it will take about an hour or less. We have a flight at 2h45 pm to Oslo going to Trondheim. How much time we need to be in advance at the airport for this flight ??? Is it fine to take the tour without risking to miss our plane ?

Everything before 13:00 should not be a problem, considering that the gates closes around 20 minutes before departure you should at least have done the check in by 13:45 to be in good time, that leaves you with 40 minutes to get through security, go to the toilet, buy something to drink or eat or maybe something to read as well before you find yourself at the gate.

On the most busy dates the lines to security can reach around 20 minutes but that is rare but can happen, the current waiting time right now is 6 to 8 minutes from both terminal 2 and 3.

Hi Danish King! So glad you're on here with fantastic info! We are arriving (July 31st at 3:40pm) at the airport a day before we leave (August 1) on Vision of the seas. Just trying to determine which train the take to Osterport Station from the airport. And if we will have to change trains or is there one that's direct to a Osterport. Also where the train ticket counter is located at the airport.

We are staying at Hotel Osterport.

Its very easy.

When you exit immigration/bagage claim area you just continue Strait ahead.

You will find the ticket machines and ticket counter on your right hand.

At the very end of the terminal you find track 2 downstairs just before the stairs to the metro.

Track 1 is for Sweden bound trains so don't go there. ;p

On track 2 you just get on a Øresundstog train towards Nivå or Helsingør.

After 5 stops you are at Østerport.

So with the ID check at the airport station for Sweden bound trains removed they have returned to a regular schedule.

The trains towards Tårnby, Ørestad (Crowne Plaza, Cabinn Metro and AC Hotel Bella Sky) the central station, Nørreport (bus 25) and Østerport (bus 25 and 27) will depart at 04, 15, 24, 35, 44 and 55.

Destinations are for the 4 departures Nivå and the 5 departures Helsingør but both works.

Travel time between the airport and Østerport are 24 minutes.

Going to the airport from Østerport the departures are 06, 17, 26, 37, 46 and 57.

The 6 departures has the airport as final destination and the 7 departures has Sweden as destination. (Göteborg, Helsingborg, Hässleholm, Karlskrona, Kristianstad, Växjo, Kalmar)

They have warned that they may change the schedule after a time but then I will post it here.

On embarkation day, will I take the bus(?) from Osterport to Oceankaj if we aren't taking a taxi? Also worried if ticket counter person will be able to speak English.

Don't want a repeat of the subway cashier in Athens, Greece. Finally found a security guard with a map in English.

On embarkation day, will I take the bus(?) from Osterport to Oceankaj if we aren't taking a taxi? Also worried if ticket counter person will be able to speak English.

Don't want a repeat of the subway cashier in Athens, Greece. Finally found a security guard with a map in English.

If you are using public transportation from Osterport, you will take the 27 bus to Oceankaj.

You can buy the ticket from a ticket machine or from the bus driver (if you have exact change or close to it). We usually just bought our tickets from the driver.

We didn't encounter anyone in Copenhagen who did not speak English. You won't have any problems on that account.

Is there a place to store luggage at Oceankaj terminal? Our flight doesn't leave until 1520.

Also what is the best way to get to the airport for a family of 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no luggage storage facility at Oceankaj. Your choices would be storage at the main train station or at the airport.

Central station baggage info http://en.hovedbanen.dk/dsb-information/dsb-luggage-service/

Airport baggage storage info - https://www.cph.dk/en/practical/Baggage/luggage-deposit/

The "best" way depends on whether you want the cheapest or the easiest and whether each person can handle his own luggage. You can take a taxi (approx. DKK 350) or a combination of bus and train (DKK 36 per person). For us, using public transportation was cheap and not at all difficult. But if you have young children or people with mobility issues, the taxi would be the better choice.

we are staying at Adina Apartment Hotel before our cruise on the Vision of the Seas on Aug 22, 2017. How can we get there from the airport? Also how to get to the pier.

You take the Øresund train towards Nivå or Helsingør and get off at Østerport.

Here you can walk 15 minutes or take either bus 26 or 27 towards Færge terminal Søndre Frihavn or Oceankaj.

Here you get off at Søndre Frihavn (Kalkbrænderihavnsgade) and walk the last few 100 meters to the hotel.

Note that the bus will be there in around 1 minute as it is the next stop on the line.

To those of you that maybe want to do some siteseeing after the cruise before heading to the airport there is now a new option.

Airluggage.dk will transport your luggage to the airport and you will choose the pickup time and arrival time yourself.

I tried to do a dummy booking from Oceankaj to the airport with delivery the same day and with 2 piece of luggage it came out at 18 euro (or was it BP).

But you can do one yourself.

They also has a deal with many of the hotels like Wakeup, The Square, Brøchner Hotels etc etc

So with the ID check at the airport station for Sweden bound trains removed they have returned to a regular schedule.

The trains towards Tårnby, Ørestad (Crowne Plaza, Cabinn Metro and AC Hotel Bella Sky) the central station, Nørreport (bus 25) and Østerport (bus 25 and 27) will depart at 04, 15, 24, 35, 44 and 55.

Destinations are for the 4 departures Nivå and the 5 departures Helsingør but both works.

Travel time between the airport and Østerport are 24 minutes.

Going to the airport from Østerport the departures are 06, 17, 26, 37, 46 and 57.

The 6 departures has the airport as final destination and the 7 departures has Sweden as destination. (Göteborg, Helsingborg, Hässleholm, Karlskrona, Kristianstad, Växjo, Kalmar)

They have warned that they may change the schedule after a time but then I will post it here.

DanishViking, you mentioned in the above post that the train schedule might be changing. I will be booking a ticket for my husband from Osterport station to Varberg, Sweden on July 4. Would this schedule be one that might change? Should I wait until just before we leave in June to book in case the schedule has changed and if it does after I book would he have to go in person to exchange for the correct departure time? Does Osterport have a ticket agent or is it just machines? I would book a refundable ticket.

I noticed that the SJ site now shows no stop at the airport for an ID check so there will be no change for the trip to Varberg which is good news.:)

Carole

If they change it, it will only be a couple of minutes to one sightseeing or another.

But it might mean that you miss the train.

Just remember to have your passport ready during the crossing.

Danish Viking, once again thanks for your help. If there is a slight time change will the advance ticket I book for a specific departure time be okay if the time is different? He will get to the station with time to spare so I don't see a minor change being an issue. Will there be an agent at Osterport?

Carole

Awesome thread - thank you very much for all your great information!

Sorry if you had answered this before, but trying to wrap my head around the following question:

We are staying at a hotel in Copenhagen near the Central Station/Tivoli Gardens at the end of June. Our ship is leaving from the following port: Oceankaj-330.

To get there via the metro, you stated "Go to the central station and take a northbound S-train from track 9 or 10 and get off at Østerport."

My question is: How would we get to port using only the bus? What bus will get us to either the 25 or 27?

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Travel R

Danish Viking, once again thanks for your help. If there is a slight time change will the advance ticket I book for a specific departure time be okay if the time is different? He will get to the station with time to spare so I don't see a minor change being an issue. Will there be an agent at Osterport?

Carole

Haha my phone changed side to sightseeing, silly that I didn't noticed that. :p

No the ticket will be valid for the new departure time.

Østerport is being rebuild until 2019 so there will so there will be no ticket counter or anything else at the station.

Awesome thread - thank you very much for all your great information!

Sorry if you had answered this before, but trying to wrap my head around the following question:

We are staying at a hotel in Copenhagen near the Central Station/Tivoli Gardens at the end of June. Our ship is leaving from the following port: Oceankaj-330.

To get there via the metro, you stated "Go to the central station and take a northbound S-train from track 9 or 10 and get off at Østerport."

My question is: How would we get to port using only the bus? What bus will get us to either the 25 or 27?

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Travel R

That is very simple, get on bus 26 towards Færge terminal Søndre Frihavn from either Trommesalen, the central station (Vesterbrogade stop) or town hall square.

Here you continue to Østerport station and either take bus 25 from the Folke Bernadottes Allè bus stop at Østerport or the Østerport station bus stop for bus 27.

That is very simple, get on bus 26 towards Færge terminal Søndre Frihavn from either Trommesalen, the central station (Vesterbrogade stop) or town hall square.

Here you continue to Østerport station and either take bus 25 from the Folke Bernadottes Allè bus stop at Østerport or the Østerport station bus stop for bus 27.

Thank you very much for answering (and so quickly)!

Everything before 13:00 should not be a problem, considering that the gates closes around 20 minutes before departure you should at least have done the check in by 13:45 to be in good time, that leaves you with 40 minutes to get through security, go to the toilet, buy something to drink or eat or maybe something to read as well before you find yourself at the gate.

On the most busy dates the lines to security can reach around 20 minutes but that is rare but can happen, the current waiting time right now is 6 to 8 minutes from both terminal 2 and 3.

Thank you very much for your answer. As RC indicates to take the tour and the airport transfer only for flights after 4 pm, I understood this notice is for American passenger going back to USA. But we are travelling to another destination in Europe.

Hi Danish Viking,

Please confirm is there a bakery called Lagkagehuset by the airport, just walking outside. We will be arriving around 5 pm one day before the cruise, so we do not like to have a big meal at that time and will buy some bread, sandwiches and desserts. Do we need to pay in cash or will be available to pay with credit card ???. We have dollars and norwegian kroners in cash.