Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Just like any other european cities, Copenhagen sees alot of pickpockets during the summer months where unsupecting tourist gets mugged etc etc.

A new trend is to dress up as a civil cop asking you if you have enough money to stay in the country and when the money is show then the money gets stolen.

Copenhagen police has a photos of the original police ID on their Twitter account @kobenhavnpoliti.

Another trick as posted on these boards is that they help you on the bus with the luggage and the steal your wallet.

Blame it on the open EU borders (most thieves are from Eastern Europe) but that doesn't help so like in any big city, be aware of your belongings. They will costantly remind you of that in the metro and other trains :-)

And I'm not trying to scare you, just to tell that you should be aware :-)

How crowded are the rides at Tivoli? We are thinking of going the day we arrive, which would allow us about 6 hours to enjoy the park. Would the unlimited ride ticket be worth it? Or would be be so crowded that we'd only get to go on a few rides. This would be on June 1 (Thursday), so I also wonder if many folks will be at Distortion, and therefore not at Tivoli.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Danish Viking,

Thank you for this very helpful information.

Can the Citypass be purchased as a paper ticket at Oceankaj when we disembark? If not, can the pass be purchase before the cruise via email and loaded on our cell phones?

Dear Viking,

I'll be coming into Langelinie. To get to the city centre, I think I get the 26 bus. Does the city centre have a named stop, or what should I look out for? And - are there ticket machines at all bus stops?

Danish Viking,

Thank you for this very helpful information.

Can the Citypass be purchased as a paper ticket at Oceankaj when we disembark? If not, can the pass be purchase before the cruise via email and loaded on our cell phones?

I'm not sure that they offer the city pass at the town shop at Oceankaj but else you can get the Citypass to your phone at Citypass.dk.

Dear Viking,

I'll be coming into Langelinie. To get to the city centre, I think I get the 26 bus. Does the city centre have a named stop, or what should I look out for? And - are there ticket machines at all bus stops?

There are no ticket machines at the bus stops, only at the train and metro stations.

It depends on what you are going to see.

But generally use the bus stop at Kongens Nytorv to visit Nyhavn, Amalienborg etc and Rådhuspladsen for Tivoli, Glyptoteket, National museum etc.

In the old Copenhagen thread some one asked about a map with all the bus lines in Copenhagen.

Go to dinoffentligetransport.dk

Choose Menu in the top left corner.

Go to trafikinformation

Choose liniekort

And then choose any of them that says something with København in the title.

Why would it not be safe.

It's 100.000 happy people dancing and drinking in the sun and listening to Music.

But if you stay away from Nørrebro on the Wednesday and Vesterbro on the Thursday and Rådhuspladsen both days you should be fine.

Distortion Ø on the Friday and Saturday is on the Northern tip of Amager (Refshaleøen) so its located further away.

In Oslo today where I accidentally destroyed my Nikon DSLR camera. Tomorrow we are in Copenhagen. Wondering if you have any suggestions for a good camera shop in the downtown area to buy a replacement. A used camera would also be acceptable. Thanks for all you do here on the boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Oslo today where I accidentally destroyed my Nikon DSLR camera. Tomorrow we are in Copenhagen. Wondering if you have any suggestions for a good camera shop in the downtown area to buy a replacement. A used camera would also be acceptable. Thanks for all you do here on the boards.

Elgiganten on Strøget would be my best bet.

We are staying at the Andersen Boutique Hotel and I THINK it is close to the train station. Is there anyplace in that area to buy a bottle of wine to take onboard?

Thanks!

At the central station.

http://en.hovedbanen.dk/stores/mad-cooperativet/

Irma has a better selection and is located very close at Industriens Hus at Vesterbrogade 1A

Elgiganten on Strøget would be my best bet.

Hey, Danish Viking, you are my hero! This was a great recommendation! They had exactly what I needed, and your suggestion saved me a lot of precious holiday time today. Thanks so very much for your help.

Afto

@ Polly58.

You can take a bus all the way to the town hall square but the travel is a little bit longer.

Bus 25 or 27 to Østerport where you change to bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads.

Rådhuspladsen is the name of the bus stop.

Alternatively you just get any southbound S-train and get off at Vesterport.

From here it takes 5 minutes to walk to Town Hall Square.

All the trips takes around 30 minutes.

Quickest option is actually to take the 25 bus to Nørreport and chance to the 5C bus towards Sundby Plads or the airport.

This bus also stops at the square and only takes 22 minutes.

The other question requires some more information as there is a an going track repair on the S-train system.

But normally it will be bus 25 or 27 to Østerport and then S-train line E or A to Hillerød.

Then its a nice 20 minute walk from the station to the Palace or a short trip with bus 301 or 302 to Sophienlund or Ullerød.

This trip takes around 1 hour and 15 minutes.

There seems to be a little confusion about bus 25.

According to rejseplanen.dk (journeyplanner) the bus stops at the Folke Bernadotte bus stop at Østerport but I was at Østerport station today and on the timetable it shows that the 25 bus stops at the Østerport station stop.

DSC_0881_zpspmplggtr.jpg

DSC_0882_zpsswxcnzpi.jpg

DSC_0883_zpssdc0h8gv.jpg

and to keep up appearance here is the 27 timetable.

DSC_0880_zps1dij2d0h.jpg

And very important information for those of you using bus 25 tomorrow (25th of May)

Because of the cup final between FC København and Brøndby IF at the nearby Parken Stadium bus 25 will only run between Oceankaj and Søndre Frihavn between 13:00 and 17:00.

It means that you have to take bus 27 instead or take bus 26 to Søndre Frihavn and change to bus 25 there.