Cancelling an excursion

So, since I'm new to RCI and I remember hearing some horror stories recently, I wanted to ask. Are there any problems with cancelling an excursion? Our cruise isn't until July, so we're within the time to still cancel without penalty. I'm just concerned that they screw up our whole reservation if I do it online. Has anyone done this recently, and been successful and not had any crazy problems with it??

Thanks!

Yes...some horror stories with the website recently...I wouldn't take the chance...just take the time to make a phone call. Once it's done (completed on their end) you can have them email you your booking confirmation again....better safe.

I suggest calling and canceling. I was changing dinner reservations and it somehow canceled ifly and North Star on entirely different days. Thankfully I was able to get them back when I called but I've since learned my lesson.

Not sure why people think calling is safer than doing yourself online. The rep you talk to is also doing it on a computer. Granted, it's not the same front end but still the same reservation. Just as likely their system will mess up too.

Not sure why people think calling is safer than doing yourself online. The rep you talk to is also doing it on a computer. Granted, it's not the same front end but still the same reservation. Just as likely their system will mess up too.

I think the rep is directly connected to the back end mainframe. Not that it's foolproof by a long shot, but I suspect there are fewer layers to mess up. Additionally, if there is a screw up, you are already on the phone with the rep who now has to fix everything. Better yet to call during normal working hours, when the Resolutions people are working, because the fix might require their intervention.

I think the rep is directly connected to the back end mainframe. Not that it's foolproof by a long shot, but I suspect there are fewer layers to mess up. Additionally, if there is a screw up, you are already on the phone with the rep who now has to fix everything. Better yet to call during normal working hours, when the Resolutions people are working, because the fix might require their intervention.

Yeah I was planning on waiting until during the week to do it. And while I understand the point that people can make a mistake, I can at least verify everything with the rep while I'm on the phone.

When I do call, I plan on saying right up front that I've heard from others that their reservations have been screwed up, so I want them to take their time with it! LOL! I can also then verify everything with the rep while I'm on the phone with them still.