Hemp seed after sun lotion .

Hello

I found this fantastic product for using after a day in the sun . However it does have a picture on the front with a marjuana leaf LOL :) , now do you think that I will be searched it I bring this and is there dogs at the ship terminal ? The place where I bought said that a client picked it up , got pulled over for speeding and they saw this and confiscated it :eek: . It is such an amazing product and would be great for my girls if they get a burn I really really want to bring it . It contains aloe , hemp seed and many other wonderful ingredients .

Thoughts and opions are appreciated .

OMG :eek: Be carefull!!!

I know the exact product you are talking about!!

My girlfriend got stopped at airport security with this product! A dog at the screener area started barking at her as she went through.

She was taken into the back area and strip searched!

Then, when they didnt find anything on her, they finally listened to her about the lotion, took it out of her bag and passed her and her carry on in front of the dog - whom didnt react at all so they let herleave.

Of course this took 2.5 hours and she missed her flight and had to go stand by and didnt end up getting out of the airport until 6 hours after her original flight.

Be careful!

I did some research and found this , I know it states military dogs but I am not taking a chance now :)

Golden tan could lead to silver cuffs

Capt. Gwendolyn Beitz, Mach Meter (Cannon Air Force Base)

Global Hemp Storehempz-herbal-moisturizer.jpgHempz Herbal MoisturizerEditors note: The reader should note that the true warning being issued has more to do with a military working dog detecting the scent of hemp seed oil, not the possibility of falsely testing positive for THC when using hemp seed oil based body care products.

As the warmer months approach and summer vacation plans begin forming, many Cannon members begin the process of getting that perfect tan.

While the actual medical consequences of tanning are a different topic altogether, I want to discuss the potential legal consequences of obtaining that perfect color.

Recently, the tanning market has been flooded with new and improved moisturizers and accelerators containing hemp seed oil, hemp oil, Tetra Hydro Cannabinol-9 (THC) or marijuana byproducts.

Some of the local tanning establishments in the Clovis and Portales area are selling these products right off the shelf.

While all military members are aware that ingestion and wrongful use of marijuana is prohibited by the Uniform Code of Military Justice, some may not be aware that military members are also prohibited from ingesting any product containing hemp seed or hemp oil.

Air Force Instruction 44-121, 3.5.5 states that laboratory studies have shown that products made with hemp seed and hemp oil may contain varying levels of THC, an active ingredient in marijuana, which is detectable under the Air Force drug testing program.

The instruction continues by stating that to ensure military readiness, the ingestion of products containing or products derived from hemp seed or hemp seed oils is prohibited. Failure to comply with this regulation is a violation of Article 92 of the UCMJ.

Clearly, nobody would ingest lotion or tanning oil, as it says in the AFI, but the lotion or oil will, by the simple nature of its use, come into contact with your skin.

There can be a chance of absorption under certain circumstances.

Forensic pathologists at Brooks City Base Lab, San Antonio, Texas, caution that if the lotion or oil was to come into contact with openings in the skin, such as cuts or scrapes, a person’s body could absorb some portion of the chemicals and possibly cause a military member to “pop positive.”

The possibility is simply not worth the risk.

According to Dr. Laura Haley, Forensics Toxicologist at the Brooks Lab, besides poppy seeds and hemp products, some herbal teas and children’s medicines contain substances that can make a military member pop positive.

“There are even stimulants in power drinks,” she said.

Dr. Haley is consulted about 50 times a year and testifies 25 times a year on drug cases. She said she hears hundreds of excuses as to how drugs got into a person’s system.

“I hear ‘It was slipped into my drink’ or ‘It was in the food’ all of which are highly unlikely,” Dr. Haley said.

Even though the chance of “popping positive” for THC after using tanning products is statistically small, there are other consequences everyone should be aware of.

Every time a military member or spouse drive on the base, they are implying consent to have their vehicles searched.

The 27th Security Forces Squadron often uses military working dogs to help with those random searches.

The K-9’s are trained to detect odors, including residual odors, of several different drugs, including; marijuana, THC and hemp seed oil. If someone were to innocently use a lotion or oil containing these products, then were searched while entering the base, there is no doubt that a military working dog could detect the odor of the oil or lotion on the body or within the car.

“When a military dog alerts, there are several steps SFS members take,” said Staff Sgt. James Pitts, 27th SFS kennel master. “That includes searching the vehicle, the person, their pockets and personal possessions. In some cases, members are asked to perform a urine test.”

While the lotion was not used with intent to break any laws and is not illegal, the fact that a military working dog alerts on your car or your person creates a perception that nobody wants.

The base prosecutors, the unit commander, first sergeant and members of the investigative agencies on base are briefed after a K-9 alerts on a car.

Again, it’s not the kind of attention any Airman desires and can be avoided, in this case, simply by using one of the other products on the market that do not contain THC, hemp seed or hemp seed oil.

While many of us want that golden tan this summer, think carefully before you make the purchase that can create consequences that could last much longer than the tan.

Related articles:

Hemp Sun-Screen Story Wrong on Drug Testing

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Airmen May Get Burned by Hemp Sun Lotion

Monday, May 03, 2004

Army Captain, Hemp Food Makers Get No Apology

Friday, April 09, 2004

Copyright © 2004, Mach Meter. All rights reserved.

spacer.gif

Aug | Sep | Oct

September 24, 2005

Event thrown for groups hoping to legalize hemp

September 22, 2005

Hemp on the Hill

September 22, 2005

Winnipeg Will Be The Center of The Hemp Business Universe

September, 20, 2005

Hemp Oil Canada Announces $1 Million Dollar Expansion & Relocation

September, 20, 2005

Fibre-processing plant will put Dauphin

September, 20, 2005

Revenue, potential high but so are the costs

September, 20, 2005

Hemp seen as fuel substitute

September, 20, 2005

Support Industrial Hemp

September 16, 2005

Hemp Food Sales Grow 47% Since Last Year’s Federal Court Victory Over DEA

September 12, 2005

New Holiday Gift Wrap and Greeting Card Collection Offers Consumers Sustainable Choices With Style

Syndicate the Global Hemp News

Subscribe now to receive our free newsletter.

Subscribe

Unsubscribe

E-mail address:

Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1996-2005, Global Hemp. All rights reserved.

All other trademarks are acknowledged as belonging to their respective owners.

Web site design by Eric Pollitt Design Group

Correct, there is NO THC in the lotion. It is made from Hemp Seed Oil, not from leaves or anything. In order for hemp to contain THC (the product that produces the "high") it must come from actual Marjuana - not hemp. It is a GREAT product... I used to manage a tanning salon and that product is the only thing I still order and use. Great lotion for everyday, not just after a sun-burn. If you are still apprehensive about bringing it, simply put it in another bottle. But, I have traveled with the .5 oz bottles in my purse and the full bottles in my checked baggage and NEVER had even a sideways glance!

Ahhh! The history of hemp...truly one of the greatest and most prolific plants with respect to the number of products that can be made and uses hemp has in everyday life. Unfortunately it has been taxed out of existence by the government since the 1930s. This tax was repealed for WW II due to shortages of cloth, rope, webbing, gear oil and God knows how many other products. The tax was reinstated upon the conclusion of the war. Hemp is not illegal...just taxed out of existence. THC is illegal. Where hemp products are sold there is a good chance the tax has not been paid therefore the product could be "illegal".

It is a great product, I use it too. The tanning lotion and the after-tan lotion. It is not illegal to have this in your possession, the product is very legal. Trust me I checked and double checked as I'm married to a narcotics officer!

Archived