Late FLL Flight - hotel for a day?

GetToLivin

Our flight post-cruise doesn't leave until 8:30pm -- was wondering if there are any hotels in the area that might do a "day-rate" for cruise passengers? Open to any other ideas as well. Thanks for any help, it is appreciated!

The Renaissance Hotel on 17th St. had an offering for day rooms. But you would need to call for availability on your date. It would be a great location. Otherwise, depending on vacancies, you can sometimes set something up with the hotel with a phone call. During peak season, things are tight and probably not open for the day bookings.

Our flight post-cruise doesn't leave until 8:30pm -- was wondering if there are any hotels in the area that might do a "day-rate" for cruise passengers? Open to any other ideas as well. Thanks for any help, it is appreciated!

If you are going during peak times, I would say the answer would be hardly any hotel. If you are going during off-peak, you might have success. I do know that the Renaissance has a banner on their web site which specifically states that cruisers will not be able to get into their rooms before 4:00 pm. I have been tracking their site lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Rodeway Inn always offers day rooms. There have been reports of day room availability at the Renaissance (as others have noted) and the Riverside on Las Olas but with the caveat that they can be reserved only on the day in question, not in advance. It would be worth calling both the Renaissance the the Riverside directly to get the latest information.

....I do know that the Renaissance has a banner on their web site which specifically states that cruisers will not be able to get into their rooms before 4:00 pm.

This is in regard to check in for a night's stay, not for their day rooms when available.

I have an update regarding my search for a day room on May 21st (not sure if this is considered peak season or not):

(1) The Renaissance Hotel on 17th basically shut me down, said they do not do this.

(2) Looked on hotels by day dot com and was given 3 options. The nicest one was an hour away. The next two were within 15-30 minutes of the airport but just are not the type of place we would want to stay (motels).

(3) I called Riverside Hotel on East Las Olas Blvd and they were happy to receive us. While they can not pre-book, the front desk was nice enough to look up Sunday's room availability and said they would have plenty available, to simply call the day of, and they could get us in. We would have the room until 5pm here. This will be our choice.

I'll post an update when I get back to share how it all worked out. Thanks to everyone for the help! This sure beats lugging around luggage all day or being forced to sit in an airport and wait. Make that vacation vibe last just a few more hours until Monday ;-)

QUOTE i called Riverside Hotel on East Las Olas Blvd and they were happy to receive us. While they can not pre-book, the front desk was nice enough to look up Sunday's room availability and said they would have plenty available, to simply call the day of, and they could get us in. We would have the room until 5pm here. This will be our choice. QUOTE

This is good to know for the future. Did they indicate how much they would charge for a partial day?

4Cats4Me: They said it's usually around half of their full night rate. For this date they said it'd be between $75-$99 for a day rate.

The reason I ask is because on Hotwire last year we got a rate of $109 pretax two weeks out for a Sunday, and this year we won it for $131 pretax. The $ 109 rate was for peak season.

Thank you for the info

• 2 months later...

Wanted to provide an update on the Riverside Hotel and our experience. The hotel itself has an excellent location so if you want the opportunity to get out and walk around, do some shopping, eat at a different array of restaurants, this hotel is located right on a strip with all of these amenities.

The hotel itself was going under a renovation at the time so their gym consisted of a very small hotel room or office which housed a broken bike, 1 treadmill, and some weights. I understand renovations can take a place out of commission, but having broken equipment, to me, isn't safe or acceptable. The pool area was also closed off for reno, but what can you do. They were rebuilding a separate area for a new fitness facility and pool area - when it's done it looks like it's going to be absolutely stunning.

The room itself was nice, nothing fancy by any means, but served its purpose and definitely beat a Motel 6. Hotel has a very Tommy Bahama vibe so if you're used to Hyatt-type brands just know that isn't happening here. The hotel itself has restaurants/lounges and bar's on-site, so if you don't want to venture out, you don't have to.

Bonus for us: Our flight didn't leave until 8:30pm and the front-desk staff was so nice, they allowed us to stay until we were ready to leave, around 7pm. All in all, for $75 it allowed our day to be one of relaxation and not simply waiting at the airport for hours on end. I'd go back to this location for a day-rate if we find ourselves in a similar situation next time we're in FLL.

Wanted to provide an update on the Riverside Hotel and our experience. The hotel itself has an excellent location so if you want the opportunity to get out and walk around, do some shopping, eat at a different array of restaurants, this hotel is located right on a strip with all of these amenities.

The hotel itself was going under a renovation at the time so their gym consisted of a very small hotel room or office which housed a broken bike, 1 treadmill, and some weights. I understand renovations can take a place out of commission, but having broken equipment, to me, isn't safe or acceptable. The pool area was also closed off for reno, but what can you do. They were rebuilding a separate area for a new fitness facility and pool area - when it's done it looks like it's going to be absolutely stunning.

The room itself was nice, nothing fancy by any means, but served its purpose and definitely beat a Motel 6. Hotel has a very Tommy Bahama vibe so if you're used to Hyatt-type brands just know that isn't happening here. The hotel itself has restaurants/lounges and bar's on-site, so if you don't want to venture out, you don't have to.

Bonus for us: Our flight didn't leave until 8:30pm and the front-desk staff was so nice, they allowed us to stay until we were ready to leave, around 7pm. All in all, for $75 it allowed our day to be one of relaxation and not simply waiting at the airport for hours on end. I'd go back to this location for a day-rate if we find ourselves in a similar situation next time we're in FLL.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the pool area is expected to be open by October? We have a reservation there, and we really enjoy the atmosphere at the pool there. Thanks.

• 1 month later...