LIVE! First time on the Allure of the Seas - May 7, 2017 Eastern Caribbean

We have done many b2b's with St.Maarten on both weeks, and while one week can be like glass, the next can be so rough you're risking your life if you go in....

And your sunglasses!!:cool::cool:

Still sunny so far.....

We love renting a jeep and heading over to Mullet Bay Beach, which is, in my opinion one of the best beaches anywhere. The only real issue is the unpredictability of the waves over there. We have done many b2b's with St.Maarten on both weeks, and while one week can be like glass, the next can be so rough you're risking your life if you go in....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have heard good things about Mullet, but didn't know that the water varies day by day. Glad the sun is out after all. Enjoy your day. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Wow! The weather people were WAY wrong! We just spent a lovely morning at the beach

a6040cc624bffb910bf8d14d0d8dd78a.jpg

a1a267112f03a38bed7e58682aa6b071.jpg

It's a glorious sunny day ☀️☀️

Ducked into a place with free wifi for a cold beverage [emoji41]

Loving the live review. I don't sail Allure for 95 days. Until then, living vicariously through you. Thanks!!

Glad I could help [emoji41]

As many times as we have been to this island I never get tired of it. I always feel a bit disappointed if it is not on an itinerary that we are doing.

I'm with you on that 100%, for us in a way, it's like coming back to something very comfortable and familiar [emoji4]

We made it back onboard - wow what a day! It was really sunny, and really hot. The beach was fantastic, my daughter certainly enjoyed it [emoji41]

38ad29d46ae98c8614adeebe112cff4a.jpg

We shopped a little along Front St, and took the water taxi back to the ship. Right now we are sitting at the cafe promenade trying to cool down a bit with a cool drink before heading back to the cabin.

We are just pulling away from the dock as I type this, from my balcony...

3755ff3d3123bddaa56d6cdd3bac2221.jpg

479b2e86f7cbc1fa177e24c1faf68717.jpg

Tonight we are planning to eat in the MDR - we have to at least once this cruise!

Observation: there are thousands of passengers onboard, but surprisingly it never feels crowded. I'd heard it before, and now I can confirm it to be true.

More later....[emoji41]

Observation: there are thousands of passengers onboard, but surprisingly it never feels crowded. I'd heard it before, and now I can confirm it to be true.

More later....[emoji41]

Very true a lot of times, but then there are those that I would beg to differ....such as sea days by the pools and the nightly sales on the Promenade. :o Oh and lets not forget breakfast in the Windjammer on a port day around 8-9am!:eek:

Glad the weather tuned out great for you again today. One thing I've learned is to totally ignore the weather reports in the tropics (unless there's a hurricane coming). It's never completely correct and rain is so isolated much of the time.

I've been enjoying following along...looking forward to hear how your dinner in the MDR is tonight.

Very true a lot of times, but then there are those that I would beg to differ....such as sea days by the pools and the nightly sales on the Promenade. :o Oh and lets not forget breakfast in the Windjammer on a port day around 8-9am!:eek:

Glad the weather tuned out great for you again today. One thing I've learned is to totally ignore the weather reports in the tropics (unless there's a hurricane coming). It's never completely correct and rain is so isolated much of the time.

I've been enjoying following along...looking forward to hear how your dinner in the MDR is tonight.

I was a bit disappointed when we got the compass last night and here is what it said

ea951214273e6797a39271783bc2ec90.jpg

The forecast could not have been more wrong as you can see from the pics I posted all day ☀️ it's true, don't pay too much attention to the weather forecast in the Caribbean!

I'll let you know our thoughts on the MDR. We have My Time and will be in the American Icon dining room.

The Headliner tonight is El Gaucho. I've seen his act on other ships and while we have reservations, we are skipping the show.

Time to head to the Diamond Lounge. I know there is a Cosmo calling my name [emoji4]

2efb7c32edf5244eb2e719ea056cd857.jpg

Look at the very bottom - you can actually reserve VIP seats for 70's night and unlimited drinks? Wow [emoji15]

This would be fun but not so sure it's worth it for those that have the drink package.

And your sunglasses!!:cool::cool:

How did I miss this post from my BFF??

I'll never forget that trip to Orient Beach and the ocean that stole my sunglasses! Thanks for the reminder!!!

I was a bit disappointed when we got the compass last night and here is what it said

ea951214273e6797a39271783bc2ec90.jpg

The forecast could not have been more wrong as you can see from the pics I posted all day ☀️ it's true, don't pay too much attention to the weather forecast in the Caribbean!

I'll let you know our thoughts on the MDR. We have My Time and will be in the American Icon dining room.

They probably forgot to update their template from the last Day 4 Compass. :p

How did I miss this post from my BFF??

I'll never forget that trip to Orient Beach and the ocean that stole my sunglasses! Thanks for the reminder!!!

Can't say we weren't warned.[emoji15]🤣

Was it Orient? I thought it was Mullet.