Favorite nonstandard drink

astros fan

Try an apple jack, Jack Daniels & apple juice. Monkeys Lunch I think; Baileys, Banana Ramazoti(sp?) Kalua, & milk Shaken, not stirred LOL careful very dangerous, and good. BBC, 1 oz each; Bailey's, Rum, Banana liquer, 1 Banana and Pina Colada 3 oz. Puree Banana & banana liquer add rest puree again then add a cup of ice and peree a bunch more. Again, dangerous but really nummy and thick.

Make drink enjoy and don't drive.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple at our table on Enchantment in Jan. interduced me to a drink called a sexual alligator. In a martini glass slowly pour chambord, midori, and amaretto so that they stay separated.It looks great with the three different levels.Only drawback is that it's not a sipping drink.It should be drunk in one shot.If anyone tries this,post the results of your experience as mine were forgetten.Good luck!

Pineapple Juice

shot of Vodka

shot of Amaretto

Haven't had one in years and years but will always be my fave!

By far the most scrumptious drink you can ever have!! So smooth!

And SHUNGIRL! I am NOT a drink:D ...unless someone is drinking in my beauty;) (in reference to her special drink the June Bug!)

Happy Sailing!

June

a Smith & Wesson!

Ingredients:

1 oz Vodka

1 oz Kahlua

1 oz Light cream

Pepsi Cola (I prefer Diet Coke)

Mixing instructions:

Pour vodka, kahlua, and cream into glass filled with ice, then top off with Pepsi

My best friend drinks these almost exclusively, we have to carry the recipe with us because not all bartenders have heard of them.

• 1 month later...

I enjoy a Southern Comfort Old Fashioned anytime I can get my Dad to make me one. Asked for one on the Conquest last year and on a NCL ship- walked the bartender thru it ( big tip included)- but without the muddled fruit (no- you CANT do it with the back of a teaspoon!)- it really isnt the same.

One year for Christmas, Mom bought Dad this huge $400 table saw he set up in the garage. It had all kinds of gadgets and spindle things and turning things- all the bells and whistles my Dad needed I suppose. It was kinda a selfish gift- Mom wanted him to make her a bunch of custom sized oak picture frames for some prints she bought on a tour of Spain.

The first, and I believe only thing I ever recall Dad making was a "practice project" out of a hunk of birch (?)- it was a 5" long drink muddler. Need I say more- it is well used and the ONLY thing I asked my Dad to leave me in his will. If I can get to it before my brother does.

On a cruise ship it's easy:

When the bar at the lido deck opens I get a BBC - banana, Bailey's and colada. It's a great breakfast drink.

Before dinner, a nice apple martini or two. (Yes you can get them at the parties if you ask for one.)

Before bed as my nightcap - hot cocoa with amaretto. If I don't want the cocoa then amaretto on the rocks or amaretto with club soda - much lighter.

In between any of those - whatever I am in the mood for or is brought to me. I enjoy a raspberry vodka and sprite with a lime - very light.

I like a rare scotch such as Johnnie Blue or Chivas Royal Salute. They are usually $10 but at $150 a bottle this is a treat. And they give a good pour. I don't drink froo froos. A good rum punch is great but most are lemonade w/ a shot. Should be 3 rums and at least 3 juices incl. pineapple on a 1 to 1 basis. 3 oz rum, 3 oz juice. 1 white, 1 gold and 1 punch(red or black). None of the kiddie flavored low proof rums for me, especially Capt. Morgan. Otherwise a good aged rhum from Martinique.

Archived