Suggestions for a 10 year Honeymoon Cruise in 2018!

My wife and I will be married 10 years on June in 2018. We have cruised a half dozen times on Celebrity and really would like to stick with them.

I do not fly but love to cruise.. Dont ask why?

So whereever we go to get on the ship I have to be able to get there by car.

Now we have been all over the carribean and was looking for something different. Never been to Panama Canal.

Any ideas on a cruise where I dont have to fly there or back?

Any help would be appreciated.

Panama Canal is a great cruise. We did it 4 years ago & will probably do it again. If you will share where you live & how far you are willing to drive others may have suggestion.

I assume you want to do something other than the basic Caribbean cruise, since those are most easily done from Florida. The Panama Canal is a good option - we found it most interesting when we were there 3 years ago. But if you want to drive to and from the cruise that limits you to a in-and-back-out canal trip as opposed to a full transit.

Since you don't fly, have to considered taking the train? We've taken Amtrak to cruises leaving from New Jersey as well as Florida. We've also taken Amtrak to the Grand Canyon and are going to Yellowstone later this year. Amtrak would give you more options of departure/return ports.

Another possibility is a Mississippi river cruise.out of, say, New Orleans. That's definitely different from the Caribbean.

Good luck.

Bob

Sorry! I guess you needed that.. Daytona Beach Florida!!

Darn it. :mad:

With that screen name I had a great cruise idea for you but it leaves from Chicago (that's pretty close to cheesehead central) and does Mackinac Island , the Soo, Detroit, Cleveland, Niagara Falls and Toronto.

My wife and I will be married 10 years on June in 2018. We have cruised a half dozen times on Celebrity and really would like to stick with them.

I do not fly but love to cruise.. Dont ask why?

So whereever we go to get on the ship I have to be able to get there by car.

Now we have been all over the carribean and was looking for something different. Never been to Panama Canal.

Any ideas on a cruise where I dont have to fly there or back?

Any help would be appreciated.

Panama Canal cruises on Celebrity are usually 1 way Florida (FLL or MIA) to San Diego so you would need to fly back. We did this on Infinity last year and it was amazing. I think there might be a couple of cruises that go into the canal and turn around and come back to FL.

Any chance you have the time for a transatlantic itinerary? X to Europe.....See some of Europe (without flying) Cunard back to NY and train home.

Just trying to think (& suggest) outside the box!

Maybe some day....Europe is something you can't miss and it can be done.

Panama Canal cruises on Celebrity are usually 1 way Florida (FLL or MIA) to San Diego so you would need to fly back. We did this on Infinity last year and it was amazing. I think there might be a couple of cruises that go into the canal and turn around and come back to FL.

The Ultimate Caribbean Cruise does all of the eastern ports of a Panama Canal cruise but goes back to FL. You can do an excursion that transits the Canal when you visit Panama. It also includes one of our favorite ports, Cartagena.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would also recommend a Canada/New England cruise. There is a ten day on the Summit from New Jersey to Halifax and back on June 27. However, I would recommend a fourteen day in September, which overnights in Quebec City. We took this cruise last September and loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Like another poster, I recommend a spring transatlantic, followed by a few days in the destination city, followed by a cunard return TA.

Happy Anniversary !

Edited by cruise kitty
recommended Fall TA, but they can't do that if they can't fly

As you list HAL as one of your favourite cruise lines, along with Celebrity and Princess, you have lots of options for Canada/New England cruises within reasonable driving range. These tend to be fairly port intensive, but if you like lots of sea days, the double TA suggested by others sound like a great option.

Have you considered Cuba. Although I haven't seen any X cruises there, Azamara, X's sister line has some that look interesting and they leave from Florida. There are also some that leave from Florida to NOLA for Mardi Gras. That would be before your anniversary in June though.

I also suggest the Ultimate Western Caribbean. FLL round trip with a stop in Panama and you can do a day ferry ride through two canals. We did it January 2014 with my family and my husband's family. Great trip.

I've also done the full transit, 14 days, on RC Serenade, and met my current husband. We celebrated our 10 year Meetiversary this past March on a 10-night Celebrity cruise on Equinox. I've got a surprise 10-year wedding anniversary cruise to the ABC islands planned for March 2019 on RC Navigator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use a site that allows you to search for cruises and put in your dates, and ports that you can drive to and pick out a cruise.

We also drive to the cruises as my wife doesn't like flying. It gets very limited. We are now driving home to Mi from Fl after getting off the Equinox yesterday.

Trying to use a train is really bad as their schedule and baggage limits are bad.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

i dont know how much time you lovebirds have but, here is an idea for this or future trip. Take a transatlantic and go over to UK and cruise back to NY or stay in europe for a few months and come back to florida around OCT/NOV......either one cant go wrong.....happy 10th and many more.....