Anyone renewing their vows??

bulldogmom

My husband and I will be renewing our vows February 2007. We are leaving on the 2nd of February for the 9 night southern caribbean cruise on the Norwegian Pearl. I have just started looking into the various options. I went to Norwegians website and looked at what they offered, but I have not called and spoken with anyone yet. I am very glad that I came across this thread because it has given me a lot of other information. So many choices!! I had orginal thought I would like to renew our vows on the ship but the more I read it would be really awesome on the beach on one of the islands.

My husband and I will be renewing our vows February 2007. We are leaving on the 2nd of February for the 9 night southern caribbean cruise on the Norwegian Pearl. I have just started looking into the various options. I went to Norwegians website and looked at what they offered, but I have not called and spoken with anyone yet. I am very glad that I came across this thread because it has given me a lot of other information. So many choices!! I had orginal thought I would like to renew our vows on the ship but the more I read it would be really awesome on the beach on one of the islands.

Congrats on your renewal and cruise on the Pearl. The ITN and ship look very interesting. I will be glad to hear how you liked your cruise.

Our beach renewal was just perfect for us. The "things" the cruise lines included in thier packages were not of importance to us, us as we were more interested in choosing our place and day. Our planner was terrific and gave us the simple renewal we wanted. www.usviweddings.com We did not hire a photographer (our planner took our snapshots), and the ordained Baptist minister was terrific, and tailored the ceremony to our needs.

Not sure if you are going for a formal or more casual look, but there are great beachy dresses in the stores right now. I couldn't find anything when we started planning last fall, so my advice it to look for a dress right away. What I wore wasn't such a big deal to me and I made due with what I could find, but if I had it to do over being able to get the "beachy" looking dress would be one of the things I would have done over.

Good luck with your planning and your future renewal :D .

We will celebrate our 50th Anniv. 1 month from today. :D I want to use and revise a beautiful,very personal service I read on here some time ago..maybe a yr..and can't find them w/a search. I copied them but after tearing up the file cabinet they are still no where to be found. Does anyone here have them? We will be doing this in church and celebrating in Sept on an Alaskan cruise. No, believe it or not we are not decrepit! [i can't believe it either or that we actually made it. When you are young it seems like forever but experiencing it, it seems like just a very short time!] We did a renewal @ 25th on NCL & I can't find those pictures either! Not as young as I feel, I guess!

In my search I saw a post that I hope was tongue in cheek asking why anyone would want to renew vows. I can't imagine NOT wanting to celebrate. :eek: In this day of 50% ending in divorce I'm very proud and feel more than a little lucky to have found someone who could make the yrs go by so fast and with so many beautiful memories among all the few very trying times rearing children, esp. after they're grown up! LOL!

TIA.

We will celebrate our 50th Anniv. 1 month from today. :D I want to use and revise a beautiful,very personal service I read on here some time ago..maybe a yr..and can't find them w/a search. I copied them but after tearing up the file cabinet they are still no where to be found. Does anyone here have them? We will be doing this in church and celebrating in Sept on an Alaskan cruise. No, believe it or not we are not decrepit! [i can't believe it either or that we actually made it. When you are young it seems like forever but experiencing it, it seems like just a very short time!] We did a renewal @ 25th on NCL & I can't find those pictures either! Not as young as I feel, I guess!

In my search I saw a post that I hope was tongue in cheek asking why anyone would want to renew vows. I can't imagine NOT wanting to celebrate. :eek: In this day of 50% ending in divorce I'm very proud and feel more than a little lucky to have found someone who could make the yrs go by so fast and with so many beautiful memories among all the few very trying times rearing children, esp. after they're grown up! LOL!

TIA.

TIA.

I think it is wonderful that you are renewing your vows. My husband and I renewed ours on my 50th birthday (that year we had been married 15 years). We are planning to renew them again.

Ernest Borgnine (actor) and his wife renew their vows every year as a recommitment to each other and their love for each other.

Hubby and I are almost at our 20 year mark and our love and our commitment to each other is stronger than ever.

I hope you find the vows you were looking for. You might also find vows by doing a search on google. When we renewed our vows, we created the ceremony wording by taking a bit from here and a bit from there until it was just what we wanted.

Thx MilliesMom. I did refer to a site given here & got a couple ideas in the wee hrs & will follow up on that. [now in "Favorites"] I just know how time flies & hoped to find the orig. Yep..off to Google too. That did give me the idea of flower bouquet & buttoniare for DH that I hadn't even thought of! Been more concerned about when [Aug. topic in church is "marriage" so minister wants to do it during services or Sat. eve before family dinner], do we pay the minister & how much, invite him to family dinner if it's on Sat. instead of Sun...details like that! All I've said so far is no big party, just family dinner.

May you have many more happy years & have your 50th together. Enjoy each day. They go by way too fast!

This site is loaded with wedding vow samples:

http://weddings.about.com/cs/bridesandgrooms/a/vowwording.htm

be sure to check out the links to at the bottom of the article.

and here's another that is renewal of vows:

http://weddings.about.com/od/yourweddingceremony/a/vowrenewsamples.htm

check out links at the bottom of the article too.

• 5 weeks later...

Like cltoles, hubby and I are looking into renewing our vows on the Norwegian Majesty in November 2007 in celebration of our 20th wedding anniversary, and we too were a military couple who were stationed 300 miles apart. I traveled 300 miles to Ft. Hood, TX in a rental car (my beat-up 1977 Plymouth Arrow had thrown a rod), my secondhand wedding dress, etc. in the back. My section sergeant was a jerk and threatened to not let me leave for the weekend, but I made threats of my own. Only 6 of us in the 2nd Armor Division Chapel, to include hubby, me, the Chaplain and 3 guests. The next day I had to drive back 300 miles and get ready to stand inspection Monday morning. We spent the first year of our lives stationed 300 miles apart. We were apart more than we were together for many years. We've been through just about everything career military life could throw at us.

Now hubby has FINALLY retired, and throw into the mix that I had been taking care of my dad's estate and a very diabetic, wheelchair-bound mother for 4 years.

Unfortunately, it will just be me and hubby. No other family, but at least the Army won't be interfering either. :)

Happy Anniversary to us today! 50 yrs! Never dreamed I'd live this long..and swear I'm still in my 50s. LOL. We did our renew on board an NCL ship @ 25 yrs & I can't find the pics. There were 3 couples [that we didn't know] w/us. It was still great! This sun. We will be renewing during the church service since the topic for Aug. is marriage. Didn't like that idea @ first but now think it's pretty cool. The other marrieds will be asked to stand & silently renew also. Our family will be there for this one! I did find the service I liked from these boards saved in Works after doing all this research suggested here, adjusted it for us, so now we have our personal vows all set up! Declined a big party & just having a fine dining date w/family in Atlanta tomorrow nite. I'm all for doing it my/your way!

Thx to all for the links. They did make me aware of things like flowers, seating ect.!

• 2 weeks later...

Renew our vows...I need advice/help.....My hubby and I are planning on renewing our vows on the Coral Princess...April 25, 2008...we are doing a full tranist to San Francisco with the 2 day repo to Vancouver....we would like to renew on a beach someplace along the way.

Would it be better to renew in Aruba or ?? Do we need special permission?

Is it easier to do it through the ship?

I do not know where to begin?

We would like to renew on a beach...very casual....as we are going to be with friends that we have meet on CC.

I guess I just need all kinds of advice ??:confused:

• 4 weeks later...

SO glad that I found this thread. Thanks for the good info! We're planning on renewing our vows for our 10 year anniversary on RCI's Freedom of the Seas next May 2007, Eastern Caribbean sailing. Originally, I was just thinking of doing it shipboard, but I really like the website people posted here about Virgin Islands weddings. That would be cool to do it on the beach! (so to speak)

I too am military, did a wedding in the Air Force Academy chapel in 1997 two days after I graduated. Maybe a quiet beach thing this time would be nice.

SO glad that I found this thread. Thanks for the good info! We're planning on renewing our vows for our 10 year anniversary on RCI's Freedom of the Seas next May 2007, Eastern Caribbean sailing. Originally, I was just thinking of doing it shipboard, but I really like the website people posted here about Virgin Islands weddings. That would be cool to do it on the beach! (so to speak)

I too am military, did a wedding in the Air Force Academy chapel in 1997 two days after I graduated. Maybe a quiet beach thing this time would be nice.

When we were on the Serenade, we had heard that a another couple renewed their vows in the ship's Centrum. Our dinner companions had observed the renewal. I am sure it was really nice, though not very private.

We are hoping to get back to St.John and Hawksnest beach on our next cruise. It will be nice to go back and remember that day and see the beautiful setting once more.

Have fun with the planning and I hope you have a great renewal.

Renew our vows...I need advice/help.....My hubby and I are planning on renewing our vows on the Coral Princess...April 25, 2008..

We are renewing ours on the Crown Nov 07. Booked it through the celibtations catalogue. Not exactly what I wanted, but was easy to book in advance and hide in the cost of the booking (she doesn't know)...

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

My hubby and I are renewing our vows in March but we haven't decided which island yet? We have been to Aruba and Curacao but not St. Thomas. Any suggestions? Best Beach locations??

We decided to do the renewal for our 20th anniversary. It will be just us but I am getting a white beachy dress and flowers. Definately doing it barefoot! :)

Looking forward to hear some suggestions. Thanks.

Lynn

• 1 month later...

Hi, hubby and will celebrate 30 year anniversary April 2nd, we will be renewing our vows on the March 25 sailing of the Caribbean Princess. He surprised me by telling me he had arranged it through our T.A. I'm kind of glad he didn't tell me when we got on the ship because now I need to look for a dress.

Our sons, ages 28 and 26, will be on board with us, along with the younger ones girlfriend and the older one's buddy. I am going to rent tuxes for them, they will have them all week.

Anyway, I am not sure what kind of package he booked so I think I will let that be the surprise!

30 years of highs and lows...my how the time flew by!

Hi, hubby and will celebrate 30 year anniversary April 2nd, we will be renewing our vows on the March 25 sailing of the Caribbean Princess. He surprised me by telling me he had arranged it through our T.A. I'm kind of glad he didn't tell me when we got on the ship because now I need to look for a dress.

Our sons, ages 28 and 26, will be on board with us, along with the younger ones girlfriend and the older one's buddy. I am going to rent tuxes for them, they will have them all week.

Anyway, I am not sure what kind of package he booked so I think I will let that be the surprise!

30 years of highs and lows...my how the time flew by!

What a nice husband! Congratualations, I am sure you will have a lovely renewal. Enjoy.

What a great thread !! I've been wanting to renew our vows SO bad on our Anniversary Cruise (January 08 Carnival Pride to the Mexican Riviera). It will only be our 5 th wedding anniversary ... Maybe it's too soon to renew ? I'm still trying to convince my hubby ... Maybe after he reads these postings he'll agree to it :p. Here's hoping anyway...

event.png

115975903073498.gif

Any of you ladies have a good store, online or brick and mortar, to buy a pretty dress for a vow renewal that isn't going to break the bank? I am about a size 14, would like to lose a little, but what the heck. I can wear petite dresses if they are not long dresses. Any ideas appreciated!

Celebrating 30 years of wedded life on October 22 with Captain

Howie officiating (Under Heaven's Gate) on Oahu at sunrise. Our daughter and her fiance are putting their own wedding off

for a year so they can come with and be our witnesses. After the ceremony, we board the Pride of Hawaii, to enjoy our cruise

with them. I have the dress already - kind of a chiffon, mixed blues and greens - like the ocean, and plan on standing barefoot on the beach next to my man - and may we be granted another 30 years!

Celebrating 30 years of wedded life on October 22 with Captain

Howie officiating (Under Heaven's Gate) on Oahu at sunrise. Our daughter and her fiance are putting their own wedding off

for a year so they can come with and be our witnesses. After the ceremony, we board the Pride of Hawaii, to enjoy our cruise

with them. I have the dress already - kind of a chiffon, mixed blues and greens - like the ocean, and plan on standing barefoot on the beach next to my man - and may we be granted another 30 years!

DH & I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary on 23rd October this year, aboard Caribbean Princess. We are hoping to renew our vows onboard the ship. Nothing has been confirmed yet - I'm still keeping my options open on an island ceremony.

This is a great thread, so many ideas & tips.

Congratulations to everyone.