RCCL shareholders OBC

Received copy of RCCL annual report today and nowhere in the report was a mention the the

onboard credit for shareholders. Have they done away with it since it was so restrictive and

almost impossible to get. I wonder if Carnival brands will be next?:(:(:(:(:(:(

Received copy of RCCL annual report today and nowhere in the report was a mention the the

onboard credit for shareholders. Have they done away with it since it was so restrictive and

The shareholder benefit is alive and well. I just got it for my B2B next week. Each of my cruises had some miscellaneous OBC attached which I requested be replaced by the shareholder benefit, so I didn't really get the full amount, but I'll take whatever I can get.

The shareholder benefit is alive and well. I just got it for my B2B next week. Each of my cruises had some miscellaneous OBC attached which I requested be replaced by the shareholder benefit, so I didn't really get the full amount, but I'll take whatever I can get.

What kind of 'miscellaneous OBC' was attached to both of your cruises that were 'subtracted' and replaced with the Shareholder OBC?

What kind of 'miscellaneous OBC' was attached to both of your cruises that were 'subtracted' and replaced with the Shareholder OBC?

I haven't seen a cruise recently that wasn't part of a current "sale" promotion. Often these promotions come with a small amount of OBC. When you book it is important to understand the exact rules for the "sale" in terms of combining offers. The obvious example is that if you have a balcony discount, you can't use the shareholder benefit, but some of the restrictions are more subtle and sometimes the actual rate being offered excludes the shareholder benefit, particularly if it's a post final payment deal.

For example, my Oct cruise is 14 days which will give a $250 shareholder OBC. However, when I booked it, the current "sale" gave me a $25 OBC. I gave up the $25 OBC to get $250 OBC.

I have found C&A to be very helpful. They can look up the exact booking rules for any cruise and tell you whether the shareholder benefit can be applied and what you might have to give up to get it. Then I email the Shareholder benefit request and ask them to add the net difference. It's not ideal, but every little bit counts. The OBC usually covers my tips.

I haven't seen a cruise recently that wasn't part of a current "sale" promotion. Often these promotions come with a small amount of OBC. When you book it is important to understand the exact rules for the "sale" in terms of combining offers. The obvious example is that if you have a balcony discount, you can't use the shareholder benefit, but some of the restrictions are more subtle and sometimes the actual rate being offered excludes the shareholder benefit, particularly if it's a post final payment deal.

For example, my Oct cruise is 14 days which will give a $250 shareholder OBC. However, when I booked it, the current "sale" gave me a $25 OBC. I gave up the $25 OBC to get $250 OBC.

I have found C&A to be very helpful. They can look up the exact booking rules for any cruise and tell you whether the shareholder benefit can be applied and what you might have to give up to get it. Then I email the Shareholder benefit request and ask them to add the net difference. It's not ideal, but every little bit counts. The OBC usually covers my tips.

Thankyou for replying with the specifics of your situation. It would make sense to give up a $25 OBC that came as a result of some sale, to gain a $250 OBC as a Shareholder benefit. Your reply earlier was vague, which was why I asked for the details. The sad part of the program is that you can't get a Shareholder benefit if you are getting a balcony discount you are ineligible for the Shareholder benefit.

We are usually taking advantage of the balcony discount as a D cruiser, so the Shareholder benefit won't be applied. I am happy with how the stock is going with no intention of selling the stock, but it is unfair to penalize the most loyal to the brand. JMO.

... I have found C&A to be very helpful. They can look up the exact booking rules for any cruise and tell you whether the shareholder benefit can be applied and what you might have to give up to get it. Then I email the Shareholder benefit request and ask them to add the net difference. It's not ideal, but every little bit counts. The OBC usually covers my tips.

Thank-you for this very important tip. I've tried to deal with the shareholder people by email, but when I ask for an explanation of why my request has been denied, I never get a response.

When Pinnacle Club Members apply their complimentary cruise certificate to an already booked cruise, and that cruise has an OBC attached to it, that OBC is lost as is the balcony discount (if a balcony cabin has been book). With the OBC being eliminated and no balcony discount, PC Members can apply for OBC from Shareholder Benefits, if they own the required 100 shares of stock.

When Pinnacle Club Members apply their complimentary cruise certificate to an already booked cruise, and that cruise has an OBC attached to it, that OBC is lost as is the balcony discount (if a balcony cabin has been book). With the OBC being eliminated and no balcony discount, PC Members can apply for OBC from Shareholder Benefits, if they own the required 100 shares of stock.

Another great tip, thank-you Patti.

Looks like a cost cutting measure to forgo the glossy AR and substitute with the 10-K.

As others have noted seems as though the benefit is still there if you can take advantage of it.

Thank-you for this very important tip. I've tried to deal with the shareholder people by email, but when I ask for an explanation of why my request has been denied, I never get a response.

Bob - always give C & A a call. On one of my longer cruises that was booked 18+ months out, I had checked with C&A at the time of booking that it was eligible. When I tried to get the benefit, it was denied so I had the rep pull up the rules of the original booking which showed it was eligible and I did end up getting the $200 or $250. For a TA cruise that can represent 20+% of the cruise cost.

Bob - always give C & A a call. On one of my longer cruises that was booked 18+ months out, I had checked with C&A at the time of booking that it was eligible. When I tried to get the benefit, it was denied so I had the rep pull up the rules of the original booking which showed it was eligible and I did end up getting the $200 or $250. For a TA cruise that can represent 20+% of the cruise cost.

So what happens if C&A says you are eligible for the shareholder benefit, but the shareholder people deny it? Will the C&A people contact the shareholder people and set them straight?

That is of course great for Pinnacles. I highly doubt we will make the Pinnacle level, D+ is within sight (a couple of years away), but it is highly unlikely that we will make Pinnacle ever.

So what happens if C&A says you are eligible for the shareholder benefit, but the shareholder people deny it? Will the C&A people contact the shareholder people and set them straight?

It never came to that for me. I just emailed that I had spoken to C&A and that the basic cruise booking was eligible for Shareholder benefits and that any OBC from Royal should be removed and replaced by the shareholder benefit.

It never came to that for me. I just emailed that I had spoken to C&A and that the basic cruise booking was eligible for Shareholder benefits and that any OBC from Royal should be removed and replaced by the shareholder benefit.

Sounds like an excellent stategy!:)