Black Card Gift

wanderingjew

In April the Black Card gift was the light style backpack/carryall that has strings you put around your arms - not sure what its official name is. And the chocolate ship was given to Black Card members at the Black Card Invitation party.

In January we got 2 bottles of Prosecco wine (it was delicious), 2 chocolate dark chocolate ships (the first day it was absolutely delicious - we shared one with our table mates, but the next day it was very, very hard and lost the taste????? We also got 2 beautiful wide brimmed hats that the top zipped off and it becomes a very wide brimmed visor (beautiful) and the best chocolate strawberries we have ever tasted - we received two of everything. Very impressed......:)

Have a look at my thread Random Photos? I have showed the black card gifts etc? Need Skier Pete to do a link!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have a look at my thread Random Photos? I have showed the black card gifts etc? Need Skier Pete to do a link!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Here's a link to page 2 post #32 hat

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=52072570&postcount=32

and page 1 post #4 prosecco and strawbs

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=52058370&postcount=4

Pete

Edited by Skier52

The "gift" is a random item from the logo shop, and is decide by shoreside who arrange for extra items to be loaded for the voyagers' Club rep to distribute.

The Chocolate ship , and bubbly and strawberries, are benefits in their own right.

Pete

We've done 7 MSC cruises since Voyagers Club came into being in July 2015 and the 'gift' was introduced as a 'benefit'. We've only ever received tote bags.

On our 3 cruises since the introduction of the Voyagers' Club, 2 of which were B2B, we have received backpacks (on the B2B we had 8 in total, but there lies a story) and caps.

Pete

• 1 year later...

Since this is our first MSC cruise as Black Card members, not sure what they consider gifts. As we are in the YC, it is hard to distinguish which perk is which. We did have to sign for the strawberries and Prosecco, so that was for black card. Received same for YC room. Two MSC Floating Ship Pens appeared in our cabin last night, so this may be our “gift”. Also , a box of 5 macarons was on the table, so this may be gift also or from YC?

apparently we have to attend the Black Card Party to receive our chocolate ships. Today is the last full day of our cruise and BC Party is tonight. Not sure we will attend, may just drop by for our ship. Too many last minute items to attend to.  

They are allowing us late disembarkation tomorrow so, that will take some of the stress off our cruise ending. Smilie Face

The pens would be the Black Card gifts (we received one last year) and the macaroons are a YC treat.

Sometimes the chocolate ships are delivered to the cabin;  normally, if you don't attend the BC event, they will deliver the ships to the cabin as well.  However, as the event is being held on your last night, and if you want to have the choc ships, then you would be well advised to go and pick them up.

Hope you've had a wonderful cruise.

Here's what we got for our BC gifts in January on Armonia (the pen at the top of the book is a different style):

image.thumb.png.0ba427e8e9d19246a0e0b901d1f36cb5.png

Over the years, we've mainly received tote bags (we have several at this stage even after giving some away);  we've also received caps on one cruise, then notebooks and the pens with the moving ship last year which we were given the choice between them and tote bags!

Thanks Beam.  Planning on posting full review later with answers to many of the questions raised by cruisers new to MSC and considering Meragivlia in the US Market. 

Now, I just wish staff would understand DND and let us have a nap.

• Like 1

We received the pen with floating ship one week and a tall notepad stack with the logo and ship photos on the sides - same size as Post-Its. (2 each)  Would have rather a cap or tote bag. Lol.. Maybe next time. 

Chocolate ships showed up in cabin magically during the week, well before the Black Card parties. 

This is the notebook I got with the pen DH got on Poesia last September (we could choose either of these or a tote bag:

image.thumb.png.24daff4098bad0894a92caa8883cb7da.png&key=6d71b9b8156434f99e9e7c4002512057a870533cae17b3d1f02166a0ffe25229

... and here's a photo of a tote bag (very handy for carrying bottles of water in POCs, or as shoe bags.  I've also given some to a friend for her sons' football boots):

87123cc8b4af980bf098c8cc4f206cab.jpg

Edited by Beamafar

10 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

This past December on the Divina we received 6 floating ship pens, one each for each cruise.

It would be so much better if MSC offered a voucher for use against items in the logo shop instead of limiting the variety of 'gifts' where you end up with multiples of the same thing - especially if you're cruising regularly on MSC.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2019 at 8:15 PM, Beamafar said:

This is the notebook I got with the pen DH got on Poesia last September (we could choose either of these or a tote bag:

image.thumb.png.24daff4098bad0894a92caa8883cb7da.png&key=6d71b9b8156434f99e9e7c4002512057a870533cae17b3d1f02166a0ffe25229

... and here's a photo of a tote bag (very handy for carrying bottles of water in POCs, or as shoe bags.  I've also given some to a friend for her sons' football boots):

87123cc8b4af980bf098c8cc4f206cab.jpg

We just got pens, no note pad ☹

I'm hoping for one of those note pads or the tote bag, please don't let us get more baseball caps!