Just for fun, what is the single worst thing you have seen a cruiser doing? :p

While I was walking up to the buffet salad bar on Celebrity Reflection, a woman who was serving herself some lettuce sneezed right onto the food items!! I was so disgusted and asked her why she did that. She just scowled and walked away. I then had to go get a worker and ask them to replace all the contaminated food. Hard to believe someone could be so rude as to sneeze on the food. :(

Was she wearing Maize and Blue? :evilsmile: But seriously, I'm sure it was accidental and she was too embarrass. But had that of been me I would have called someone's attention to have the pan replaced.

May or may not have been embarrassed. One of my coworkers the other day turned away from the person she was talking to and just sneezed without covering her nose or mouth or anything. When I pointed that out to her (she is my "work wife", we have a great relationship), she was honestly confused as to why this was an issue.

Was she wearing Maize and Blue? :evilsmile: But seriously, I'm sure it was accidental and she was too embarrass. But had that of been me I would have called someone's attention to have the pan replaced.

We have several friend who wear those colors but I bleed scarlet & gray (although not on the buffet).

How about the passengers who walk around the ship in their bathrobes?? I guess it is better than the ones who come to the buffet in their bathing suits with their bottoms sticking out:o

Usually see this on Holland America.On our last cruise there was a guy behind me at the muster drill in a robe.This was at 5:00 PM!

A dog on the cruise is a service dog. A person with a need for a service dog needs the service dog.

The issue there is not washing hands after the dog's "walk", and getting the dog so close to the food.

A small dog like that is generally a dog that does need to be close, to sense blood sugar changes or to alert to an oncoming seizure.

? There are up vs down staircases?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. My dd has small service dog chihuahua.

A dog on the cruise is a service dog. A person with a need for a service dog needs the service dog.

The issue there is not washing hands after the dog's "walk", and getting the dog so close to the food.

A small dog like that is generally a dog that does need to be close, to sense blood sugar changes or to alert to an oncoming seizure.

sounds more like an emotional support NOT service dogs. Those little purse sized dogs people drag around claiming they need to have them for emotional support. A trained service dog would NOT have sniffed a loaf of bread while on duty.

My dd is purse size, literally can bring her meds to her to remind her, jumps to her lap when she feels her leg shake to signal her to calm down, and multiple other things. Her dog will sniff at restaurant but never tries to get food. I'm sure the crew had no option in this case to get rid of bread. My dd would never have let dog near bread, nor near buffet. She would have had companion watch dog for those moments or have dog on leash as floor is considered dirty.

About 10 years ago we were on a P&O ship with my wifes parents.

In the buffet there was a fridge with cakes in that you literally had to really stretch down to get the cakes.

This lady came and she was probably around 4 feet 10 inches and whe she bent in she fell into the fridge onto all the cakes with her feet sticking up into the air.

Her husband had to pull her out and the waiters replaced the cakes.

It looked like something out of candid camera it was so funny.

Oh my thanks for the belly laugh. :D

OK, this was not bad per se but it was weird. We were at a table in the MDR by ourselves, and next to us was a 4 top with an older couple and a younger couple. They obviously had just met at the dinner table. The older gentleman was a food photo junkie and took copious pics of, not only his and his bride's food, but their new tablemate’s food as well. I mean every dish had to have photos from all different angles. On the first night the younger gentleman had a bemused look of his face. By the next night you could tell he was near his breaking point. He managed to remain polite ( I think his wife / girlfriend had her nails dug deep into his thigh ;)) but looked like he wanted to scream “What the F***!:eek:

We didn't see the younger couple in the MDR after that.

There was an older woman on one of our Caribbean cruises who would lay out in the sun all day. I'm shuddering at the memory - she was half dark, dark brown and half bright pink/red. Her skin would peel off and underneath there would be these bright pink/red patches. You'd see her picking at her skin and peeling off the dead layers. She literally kept burning her skin over and over - even on the fresh, baby skin areas. If I were laying out and she'd lay anywhere in my line of sight, I had to move. I couldn't take how angry her skin looked and the fact that she kept picking at herself. It was an awful sight. Wow.

There was an older woman on one of our Caribbean cruises who would lay out in the sun all day. I'm shuddering at the memory - she was half dark, dark brown and half bright pink/red. Her skin would peel off and underneath there would be these bright pink/red patches. You'd see her picking at her skin and peeling off the dead layers. She literally kept burning her skin over and over - even on the fresh, baby skin areas. If I were laying out and she'd lay anywhere in my line of sight, I had to move. I couldn't take how angry her skin looked and the fact that she kept picking at herself. It was an awful sight. Wow.

That is gross what a silly woman she will get skin cancer doing that.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Have 5 stitches in my face at the moment from having a SCC removed. Never lay in sun but with fair skin was sunburnt often as a child.

I should take a photo of my poor face and show it to all the sun bunnies.