Voyages to Antiquity

LandC

Just to update we were 5 days from the 120 day so we received our full refund for  inside cabin with no problem. We did have to act quickly. We have (4 of us) have been searching for a replacement. Not happy. The one cruise line Crystal? Looks really good but the hygiene ie no toilet paper in the toilet put in a bucket just does not appeal to us. 

As to the Roads cruises no VGA perks no hotels, no wine, no fun. We are so disappointed even after the Road Scholar's we will not be using VGA. It looks like we will probably fly and ferry around the Aegean on our own itinerary. Which will be fun I hope at our age! We are retired, so will sit back relax and have a cold one. 

3 hours ago, lwschwartz0 said:

I received an email in response to my posting on May 7 from a passenger on your cruise.

He gave me a phone number in Florida and asked me to call him which I did. He told me he

had received  $1000 refund. Perhaps he complained to VTA.

If you email me at schwartz@udel.edu, I will give you his contact details.

Wow, why did they get a refund at all.  I thoroughly get that the Athens to Athens cruise went to all ports.  - a full cruise.  On the Previous cruise, Malaga to Athens, there was a much shorted day in Chania, and Santorini was missed.  The Canadian passengers received $400 CAD.

The lies and denials were what ticked most people off.  Never a mention of broken engine, or even a new captain.  Cruise director Alison, was useless with any kind of communication.

Also, the Captain did tell folks that the ship had to be inspected and tested in Chania before it was allowed to depart.  Apparently, no one is allowed on the ship when this inspection takes place, so all on-board passengers were sent off the ship. ( majority of passengers were on the bus trip to Heraklion.). The rumour was that the people taken off the ship received a bus trip into town with lunch, $500 US, and a bottle of champagne.  This rumour caused a lot of hard feelings— how could being removed from a ship for 2 hrs, be worth more than losing a highlight port?

Sounds like lots of inconsistencies !

16 hours ago, lwschwartz0 said:

I received an email in response to my posting on May 7 from a passenger on your cruise.

He gave me a phone number in Florida and asked me to call him which I did. He told me he

had received  $1000 refund. Perhaps he complained to VTA.

If you email me at schwartz@udel.edu, I will give you his contact details.

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply. I will pm you for those contact details as I am curious to know what is happening.