First time on Celebrity

mlmbar

We are booked on Equinox for Sept 14, 2018 and so excited!! We will be Diamond on RCI after our cruise on Adventure this October. We are doing Aqua Class and so excited! Any tips /advice is welcome for a new X cruiser

Welcome Aboard!

Our 1st RCCL was in 1989, we are Diamond too. Last was the Freedom in 2011

Our 1st Celebrity was in 1994, we are Elite. Our last 3 cruises and next booked for Nov have all been on Celebrity. We are mid 60 ties. It just feels like a better fit at this stage.

You are in for a treat on the Equinox, this will be our 3rd time sailing on her.

We are booked on Equinox for Sept 14, 2018 and so excited!! We will be Diamond on RCI after our cruise on Adventure this October. We are doing Aqua Class and so excited! Any tips /advice is welcome for a new X cruiser

After you become Diamond join Celebrity's Captains Club - you will automatically be Elite!

We are the same. Diamond on Royal and have our third Celebrity cruise booked for September. Honestly, what hooked us on Celebrity was Blu but I know that not everyone feels the same way. We love it and it is what keeps us returning to Celebrity. I hope you enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Either the Crown & Anchor folks or the Celebrity Captains Club can get you a Capt Club #. Get this before your cruise so you can get the benefits of the Elite level on Celebrity.

Already done!!!!

Remember celebrity is an older crowd. Ships and food are immaculate and classy. But older crowd than royal Caribbean.

My friend and I are in our 60s so that is not a problem. NOW, we are N OT dead but we don't need to be constantly entertained. Sounds like a good fit

We are Diamond on Royal and will be taking our first Celebrity cruise on Equinox in June. Through reciprocity, we are Elite on Celebrity. I'm 65, but my daughters are just over 40 and my Grandson is 23. He's Diamond on his own points and Elite on Celebrity. The young woman he's bringing is 23 and has only been on one cruise previously (Royal with us in December). My Grandson has enjoyed the "bells and whistles" on the Royal ships but is really content to spend time without being entertained. They are looking forward to room service lunch on their balcony, lounging by the pool and excursions they have planned at the various ports. They didn't really go to any of the clubs or use the slides or FloRider on our last cruise. They have a cabin on one side of the ship, and the other four of us have two cabins side-by-side and hope to have the divider between the cabins opened. We enjoy snacks and wine out on the balcony late in the evenings. It's my two daughters, myself and one of my daughter's Mother-In-Law. We have a great time without being entertained. We've done the shows and now we just prefer the relaxation. My daughters might visit the spa, but I think that the MIL and I will be spending time around the pool taking advantage of the premium drink package on our sea days and shopping in the ports with the exception of an excursion or two we might take. We were ready for a change and Celebrity seems to fit the bill. We will get the free bag of laundry, find chocolates on our pillows again (after they went missing MANY years ago on Royal), enjoy a Welcome Mimosa, get priority tender, and have toiletries in our cabin again too. Never much cared for the Diamond lounge, especially since we will have two in our party that aren't eligible for either the Diamond lounge or the cocktail hours with Celebrity so the premium drink package as a perk works perfectly for us. We're a little bit excited about being "newbies" again.

We are Diamond on Royal and will be taking our first Celebrity cruise on Equinox in June. Through reciprocity, we are Elite on Celebrity. I'm 65, but my daughters are just over 40 and my Grandson is 23. He's Diamond on his own points and Elite on Celebrity. The young woman he's bringing is 23 and has only been on one cruise previously (Royal with us in December). My Grandson has enjoyed the "bells and whistles" on the Royal ships but is really content to spend time without being entertained. They are looking forward to room service lunch on their balcony, lounging by the pool and excursions they have planned at the various ports. They didn't really go to any of the clubs or use the slides or FloRider on our last cruise. They have a cabin on one side of the ship, and the other four of us have two cabins side-by-side and hope to have the divider between the cabins opened. We enjoy snacks and wine out on the balcony late in the evenings. It's my two daughters, myself and one of my daughter's Mother-In-Law. We have a great time without being entertained. We've done the shows and now we just prefer the relaxation. My daughters might visit the spa, but I think that the MIL and I will be spending time around the pool taking advantage of the premium drink package on our sea days and shopping in the ports with the exception of an excursion or two we might take. We were ready for a change and Celebrity seems to fit the bill. We will get the free bag of laundry, find chocolates on our pillows again (after they went missing MANY years ago on Royal), enjoy a Welcome Mimosa, get priority tender, and have toiletries in our cabin again too. Never much cared for the Diamond lounge, especially since we will have two in our party that aren't eligible for either the Diamond lounge or the cocktail hours with Celebrity so the premium drink package as a perk works perfectly for us. We're a little bit excited about being "newbies" again.

My best friend and I could have written this!!! We have the same interests and priorities. We have sailed on Oasis, Allure, Jewel, Adventure and Freedom. Each ship had its own personality but we prefer the smaller ships. We never did the rock wall and that kind of activity. We rarely go to shows just prefer the music in smaller bars. We love to just relax by the pool, use our drink package, take occasional excursions but now often just take a taxi to a beach. At this point in our lives, we just want to relax and also be pampered. We are ready for being newbies again and feel the excitement of getting on to a new ship /cruise line, where we have to get to know all about it like we did for RCI. So excited!

It's wonderful to be a newbie again! We branched out sailing NCL and MSC out of Florida when Celebrity wasn't offering year round sailings. How great to see different menus, experience different shows, enjoy exploring an unfamiliar ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Make sure to take in the hot glass show on the Equinox. Incredible craftsmen, and women sharing their skills and knowledge for "free"...Enjoy the whole ship. It is really a thing of beauty so walk around and take it all in. It was the first Celebrity ship we ever sailed on and now we are Elite....tells you something, I hope

I'm currently on the equinox doing the same cruise as you will be next year, I'm doing a live onboard review/blog thingy...

feel free to pop along and look at the posts etc or ask any questions

Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494703

Also remember that as long as 1 person in the cabin is Elite the cabin mate is also invited to the Captains Club Elite events including breakfast and the evening cocktail party. I know that if you have the bev package it may not be important but we do enjoy meeting people at that event.

~ Afternoon all ~ We are thinking of trying this one day ~ We are Diamond on RCCL ! ~ Will definitely be interesting to try a different style of cruising ! We enjoy traveling with our Daughter who is {12} and is earning her own Diamond Plus status by the time she is 21 on RCCL ! ~ We look forward to reading your review when you get back ! May help us choose the right ship to start on in the Celebrity Line . :D

Have a nice day !

J.L.

I'm currently on the equinox doing the same cruise as you will be next year, I'm doing a live onboard review/blog thingy...

feel free to pop along and look at the posts etc or ask any questions

Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494703

I have been and LOVE your pictures and menus!

It is nice to read that others enjoy the relaxing change to Celebrity as we have. Our favorite relaxing activity is after a nice breakfast in the dining room we go to the Elite breakfast for a special coffee and a mimosa. We still travel RC but seem to prefer that when with our family. Last October we went on the Allure with family and were so tired we booked a New Years cruise on Celebrity. We thought that after the holidays with a house full of family we would need some pampering. We were right. The funny thing is we went to many of the same places. They were totally different experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...