Farewell Dawn Princess

Kiwi Kruzer

We never sailed Dawn Princess but our first cruise ever was on Sea Princess. The cruise was a 10 day SF/Alaska round trip. We must have liked it a lot as we were totally hooked after that. I remember looking up at that "huge" ship and being amazed. When we boarded it was even more amazing to us. I'm glad we got to sail a Sun Class ship before they all went elsewhere. (My wife is actually eyeing a B2B Australia New Zealand on Sea Princess for next winter. 17 days followed by 13 days. I looked at airfare to Australia. YIKES!)

Yes - Princess re-uses the names a lot!

So do P&O, the Sea Princess was named Adonia whilst it was with P&O, the current Adonia is one of the old 'R' ships.

My first Princess cruise was on the Pacific Princess (Love boat), my next cruise will be on the Pacific Princess, ex 'R' ship.

I much prefer the smaller ships but I doubt Princess or P&O will ever have a small new build again.

I'm just so pleased that there are such a variety of cruise lines available to choose from as, itinerary aside, I wouldn't want to travel on the larger ships.

I was on Crown in February and it always seemed so crowded, but it facilitated visits to Machu Picchu and Iguassu.

Farewell to the Dawn Princess. Though we sailed on her many years ago she took us to many exotic ports for the first time. It was the first ship we sailed upon with a sit down pizzeria, a feature that I am glad to see Princess has retained. Alas farewell, and welcome to the next build in proud Princess fleet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums