Interior Room Question

danak13

Just got the room assignment for the Pearl on my November trip and we were assigned 4507. I am fine with the low deck but the room is all the way to the front of the ship and I am a little afraid of noise and too much motion. It is hard to find threads about interior cabins and I was wondering if anyone has been in these front rooms and what their experience is.

I booked through Expedia so I am not sure how much luck I would have trying to move rooms.

Thank you!

If it's a guaranty booking, then you would likely have to upgrade (which would cost more) to be able to choose your room. That's the risk you take when you book a guaranty. You get a lower fare, but you have no choice on where your room is located--you get what's left over.

Hopefully someone who sailed in or near that cabin will happen upon your thread and be able to answer questions for you. Next time, you might consider a more descriptive subject line so folks with the information you're seeking will know from the subject line. Something like: Is cabin 4507 on the Pearl a good choice? or Are forward cabins on the Pearl noisy?

I've sailed on the Pearl and she's a lovely ship. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

If it's a guaranty booking, then you would likely have to upgrade (which would cost more) to be able to choose your room. That's the risk you take when you book a guaranty. You get a lower fare, but you have no choice on where your room is located--you get what's left over.

Hopefully someone who sailed in or near that cabin will happen upon your thread and be able to answer questions for you. Next time, you might consider a more descriptive subject line so folks with the information you're seeking will know from the subject line. Something like: Is cabin 4507 on the Pearl a good choice? or Are forward cabins on the Pearl noisy?

I've sailed on the Pearl and she's a lovely ship. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for the reply and advice; I have been hearing such great things about the Pearl so I am excited.

I plan on looking into the upgrade program when it becomes available, so fingers crossed with that. Honestly, I am less concerned about the noise than I am about the motion. I never get seasick really but I had a really rocky cruise a few years ago and that scarred me ;)

Normally, you can select a room.

If you paid less and booked a GTY - they put you where they want. And, it can change right up until you checkin on the pier.

As to front... up and down motion is not an issue very often. Did not see where you are cruising to.

Well looking at the deck plans 4507 is a few cabins back from the bow. Should not be much foot traffic there.

As a category IF, 4507 should be a little better than the 2 Actual IX cabins 4501 and 4503

Normally, you can select a room.

If you paid less and booked a GTY - they put you where they want. And, it can change right up until you checkin on the pier.

As to front... up and down motion is not an issue very often. Did not see where you are cruising to.

I did not know they could change the room after they assigned it; we have a while to go but that is good to know to be on the look out for!

We are headed to the Caribbean. Glad to hear that it is not usually an issue with the motion!

We stayed in that area on the Dawn (not sure of exact room number, but definitely within a cabin or two of there) and were right on top of the ship's laundry facilities. We got woken up multiple times every night from the sounds of the hydraulic equipment in the laundry. It was bad, and was the reason I started checking deck plans and trying really hard to look for rooms that were between 2 decks of passenger cabins or other generally quiet spaces.

I do not know if the deck 3 layout is the same on the two ships since they aren't in exactly the same ship class, so it might be fine, but I would take ear plugs in case!

Noise not so much a problem you are as far away from the engine room and marvel of mechanical motion

aka propellers or azipods during routine motion. Only problem briefly would be the thrusters to move the

bow end of the ship into and out of port. On some ships the laundry room for the ship is on deck 3 forward

below you cabin area but should pose no serious problem.

Some of the time the lower deck cabins are used for crew and entertainers and should pose no more of a

problem than other cruisers moving about the ship. At least you are not in the center point of the ship where

the gangways are opened to embark and disembark the ship at ports where water level loading is required

or by tendering.

If stuck with an undesirable cabin after boarding check with Guest Services for a possible adjustment - do

this as soon as possible - if you wait till later the possibility of this may not be available with other cruisers facing

similar situations trying for respite.

Read on here at CC for other problems about cabins in similar areas and how the problem was resolved.

Remember to come back here and report the final result of what happened - for others to avoid the same pitfall !

We were in 4501 on the Dawn; not the same class of ship, but a similar location. We did feel the motion more, but I don't remember it as being a major problem. A lot will depend on the sea conditions.

Just got the room assignment for the Pearl on my November trip and we were assigned 4507. I am fine with the low deck but the room is all the way to the front of the ship and I am a little afraid of noise and too much motion. It is hard to find threads about interior cabins and I was wondering if anyone has been in these front rooms and what their experience is. I booked through Expedia so I am not sure how much luck I would have trying to move rooms. Thank you!

In heavy seas, all rooms get a lot of motion. You will get more being that far forward. You will also get more sound from the ship pounding into the waves in heavy seas. You are sailing in hurricane season, so there is still a chance of bad weather (or really bad weather). As mentioned in the post above, you are also over crew areas.

You are also likely to be under the theater which will be the source of a lot of noise until the the late show is over. Mostly bass sounds pounding through the ceiling.

With a GTY room, you get the rooms no one else wants.