countdown clock/signature

It's been awhile; would someone guide me on how to add a new countdown clock to my signature. I created the clock, but can't find where my "signature" is. thanks for your time, appreciate it.

Click your username or down arrow next to your avatar at the top right of this page

Under "User Control Panel", click Edit Options

Under "Settings & Options" on left side of page, click Edit Signature

On the blank box under "Your Signature". copy and paste the URL link from your clock countdown

Scroll down and click Preview or Save Signature.

• 1 year later...

I've been doing everything right but signature still isn't showing so I'm thinking perhaps it could be because I'm using Google Chrome as my platform as I've read in another thread that people have changed to IE and it's worked for the. I sail in 13 days and I don't think I'm going to get it created in time. I'll have to try and get to the library!! 

12 minutes ago, kippeth said:

I've been doing everything right but signature still isn't showing so I'm thinking perhaps it could be because I'm using Google Chrome as my platform as I've read in another thread that people have changed to IE and it's worked for the. I sail in 13 days and I don't think I'm going to get it created in time. I'll have to try and get to the library!! 

I use Chrome on my desktop and can see my signature and other's with no problem.

You can't see signatures on the mobile site.

6 hours ago, kippeth said:

First of all, you have a signature that looks like the following, so that is the first question answered:-

2qtigas.jpg

So the question seems to be why you can't see your signature. Can you see anyone else's? For example, I have a multi-line signature.

If you can't see other people's signatures either, then you may simply need to switch on the display of signatures. Go to your user name near the top right-hand corner and click on it. In the drop-down, click Account Settings. On the next page, in the column on the left-hand side, click Signature. Make sure that the switch for "View Signatures?" is on. If it isn't, switch it on, and click Save (below the text entry box).

2w3421k.jpg

3 hours ago, Globaliser said:

First of all, you have a signature that looks like the following, so that is the first question answered:-

2qtigas.jpg

So the question seems to be why you can't see your signature. Can you see anyone else's? For example, I have a multi-line signature.

If you can't see other people's signatures either, then you may simply need to switch on the display of signatures. Go to your user name near the top right-hand corner and click on it. In the drop-down, click Account Settings. On the next page, in the column on the left-hand side, click Signature. Make sure that the switch for "View Signatures?" is on. If it isn't, switch it on, and click Save (below the text entry box).

That is funny. I can see signatures, but Angela's shows up as 

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Angela&dcountdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Angela&d

to me right now.

I think this is the old problem - OP lives in Australia

When the code is generated it needs to be changed by deleting   "dotau"

so it will be like this

https://clocks.cruisecritic.com/countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Angela&date=11-16-2018&text=Seas once kept us apart but will now hold us together&ship=Explorer of the Seas

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

I think this is the old problem - OP lives in Australia

When the code is generated it needs to be changed by deleting   "dotau"

so it will be like this

https://clocks.cruisecritic.com/countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Angela&date=11-16-2018&text=Seas once kept us apart but will now hold us together&ship=Explorer of the Seas

I agree. If the problem is not that she can't see her signature or signatures in general, but rather than the image in her signature is broken and appears as ineffective code, then that code fix ought to do it.

On 11/3/2018 at 1:39 PM, gnome12 said:

I use Chrome on my desktop and can see my signature and other's with no problem.

You can't see signatures on the mobile site.

Oh well that explains my problem then. Thank you!!! 

On 11/3/2018 at 7:29 PM, Globaliser said:

2qtigas.jpg

2w3421k.jpg

Yes I made sure I had done all that thanks after seeing your post. The problem someone picked up on was that I must have been on a mobile site, which I have been this whole time and that was the reason why I wasn't seeing my signature. Doh! Thanks for the screenshot! 😊

I dont think that is the full answer to your problem.

Yes, you cant see signatures on a Mobile but you never could.

However Gnome 12 and myself cant see it on here either.

Not sure how Globaliser got a Screen grab   UNLESS that was an earlier attempt and at the time you were logged in to  CC.com

Maybe on this attempt you were logged into  CC.Com.AU

in which case the signature wont work  - hasnt of 12 months or so.

Your last post looks like this  on my laptop

sigpic.png.4028a115e1ba0b7e249cb95a135772ad.png

Go back and read my post on how to change it.

You might get away with copying the code that I posted

and putting that into your signature  as that is what it should say After you delete the .au

Edited by Aulanis
use code?

6 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Not sure how Globaliser got a Screen grab ...

I can't remember now, but it may well have been because I saw some code and fiddled with it to generate the countdown clock image. But once the image had been generated, it persisted when I refreshed the page so I thought no more about it.

I normally have signatures switched off completely, so I can't immediately go back to check what it looks like now.

On 11/5/2018 at 2:18 AM, Aulanis said:

I dont think that is the full answer to your problem.

Yes, you cant see signatures on a Mobile but you never could.

However Gnome 12 and myself cant see it on here either.

Not sure how Globaliser got a Screen grab   UNLESS that was an earlier attempt and at the time you were logged in to  CC.com

Maybe on this attempt you were logged into  CC.Com.AU

in which case the signature wont work  - hasnt of 12 months or so.

Your last post looks like this  on my laptop

sigpic.png.4028a115e1ba0b7e249cb95a135772ad.png

Go back and read my post on how to change it.

You might get away with copying the code that I posted

and putting that into your signature  as that is what it should say After you delete the .au

Thank you. I will give it a shot!