Laundry service on Equinox?

cmh

Does the Equinox have self service laundry facilities like the Princess ships?

No, there are no laundry or ironing facilities for passengers on Celebrity ships.

Your options are to send things out for laundry or dry cleaning, or to rinse things out in your cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

We've cruised for 12 nights and added a few pre/post cruise nights and never visited a laundromat. We've washed a few items in the sink in our cabin and hung them to dry (after taking a towel and ROLLING the wet item tightly in it to get all the water out). We've also send a bag of to the ship's laundry (Wash 'n Fold). Obviously you can't re-wear a t-shirt or shorts worn on an excursion where you get sweaty and grimy, but we re-wear slacks to dinner and mix and match items because they are only worn for a couple of hours. Works out just fine. Some days, all you are wearing is a swimsuit and cover-up, then changing for dinner. Then you mix up your dinner outfits. No one is going to notice that you wore the same pair of slacks on Monday night and again on Friday night. Truly.

I have never cruised yet but do people take some laundry ashore at ports of calls?

We don't. Way too many other exciting things to do during the short time in port. Celebrity ships offer a pay for laundry service if you need it.

• 1 year later...

We do most of our laundry at home as "gentle" and hang up quite a few things.  Can anyone tell me if you can make requests on how your laundry is handled if you pay for Celebrity to do it and if you can make requests for gentle and cold water, no drying?

On Princess, we usually used the laundromat on longer cruises.  

Thanks in advance.  We leave next week.

1 hour ago, KARENMAZ said:

We do most of our laundry at home as "gentle" and hang up quite a few things.  Can anyone tell me if you can make requests on how your laundry is handled if you pay for Celebrity to do it and if you can make requests for gentle and cold water, no drying?

I have sent out laundry requesting cold wash, tumble dry low. Not sure if that happened or not. I have never asked for no drying and wouldn’t bet on that being available. 

1 hour ago, KARENMAZ said:

We are Zenith members of Celebrity's loyalty program and so receive free unlimited laundry.  We send out laundry every other day or so.   My suspicion is that laundry is washed in hot water.  I never send out any item that can not handle hot  water washing.

I sent 6 shirts to be pressed last week on Eclipse.

The quality of the ironing on return was very poor,,i complained to Guest Relations who sent a supervisor from laundry to inspect,he agreed and took 4 back to be re ironed,,they came back OK.

From memory.

Short sleeve shirt $4.50

Long sleeve shirt $5.25

JeanieC

9 hours ago, verizon said:

I sent mine out and came back half the original size.

So I sent to Guest relation and they gave me a bottle of wine.

Probably had nothing to do with all the drinking and eating. :classic_wink:

Edited by davekathy