2 question for recent Liberty cruisers

iluvdoxies

I read the reviews from you guys that just cruised.

Can you tell me in Antigua how far it was by cab to the beach you went to?

Dickinson Bay, I think?

Also in Tortola, the same for Lambert Beach,

Did both have bars, snacks etc?

Sorry to hear Cam is leaving- he's a great piano player!

Thanks in advance.

I think this question was directed at me, as I posted that I went to Dickenson Bay. Just curious, though, why did you start a new thread for this? I might have missed your question alltogether. You might want to post this in the thread where our reviews are as I did not go to Lambert Beach, but I think someone else did. The thread is called "Anyone back form the Liberty today?"

As for Dickenson Bay. It cost $10 for a cab each way. There was only two of us, but I think they said there was an extra charge for more than two people. You don't have to worry about catching a cab back as there was many waiting for us for our return.

Antigua is very excited to have Carnival back in port because they haven't sailed there for a few years. Our Antigua stop was the first one in a while, and they are really trying to make a good impression and they were very friendly.

Dickenson Bay is beautiful. The ship charges $40 per person to take you there. There are a lot of watersports to enjoy including parasailing, dingy and banana boat rides. Expect to pay a lot for the beach chairs though. 2 beach chairs and a canopy over top of both of them cost us $22. There is a beach bar there where I had pina coladas ($5), and potato chips. Not sure if there was food, but there was a hotel down the beach, you may get something there. There is also a Sandals resort there too, but I think that is private. It took about 5 minutes to get there.

Archived