How to view onboard credit?

My partner and I have never cruised before and decided to go big for our first adventure by booking Allure of the Seas on July 23. Through the online agency I used I was told I would be getting $175 OBC to use but I can't see that listed anywhere on the RCCL website. When I go to review my travel documents there is nothing listed and I can not enter an email address to get them emailed to me. Would they not be available yet or am I looking in the wrong spot?

OBC from a travel agent does not show up on Royal's website or Royal's documents. It's between you and the travel agent.

Once onboard, you should see it show up on your account around day 2.

OBC from a travel agent does not show up on Royal's website or Royal's documents. It's between you and the travel agent.

Once onboard, you should see it show up on your account around day 2.

A couple of things to add from personal experience ...

Sometimes they fail to add OBC so take evidence (email confirmation, invoice etc.) and query with guest services if the credits don't show up by day 2.

On my latest booking, OBC is showing on the cruise planner as a credit amount from which presumably I can make advanced purchases. This might be because I made the booking while on board the last cruise but just wanted to share this with you.

I am in the UK so it may work differently in US or elsewhere.

Cleara, any idea how the amount of OBC is determined? Each time with Royal I have had $75. But hear of people having as much as $400. How do I get more OBC?

OBC from Royal is based on stateroom category and length of cruise. That can be from $50 for 5-7 nights in an inside/oceanview to $500 for a Grand Suite (or better) for 15+ days.

OBC from travel agents is based on the travel agent's criteria. One criteria is the cost of the cruise.

I have $400 for upcoming cruise: booked in full suite and did so during the cyber Monday event; $100 of that is from TA.

We have high status on another cruise line and have had much more OBC than that when stacking: Future Cruise Credit OBC, stock ownership OBC, military service OBC--taking a longer cruise increases all of those amounts; add in OBC due to a special when booking...it all adds up!