7 Things to Know About the Cheapest Luxury Cruise Cabins

LauraS

wripro, one reason we differ is because Wind is much smaller than the Navigator and the Navigator has considerably larger suites which is important to us. It is easy to avoid the aft vibration on the Navigator but it does not have a forward Observation Lounge which I miss (not sure if the Wind has one). Perhaps, since both ships have undergone renovations, they both look good but the Cloud will always be too small.

In terms of Windstar and Sea Dream, while they are rated as luxury (not disagreeing) they are luxury yachts rather than cruise ships. I've been trying to understand the differences of the "luxury" ships/river boats/yachts in order to make comparisons easier. When I post about the "big four", it will always be the four cruise lines that are even recognized by CC as being on a different level. Now that Crystal is all-inclusive and will have true open seating, it is becoming easier to compare the four cruise lines.

I have no clue how to get CC to stop comparing luxury yachts, luxury river boats, luxury cruise lines, and premium plus cruise lines. For people new to cruising, it is confusing.

I any case, I wish that all posters could disagree as well as we do:D

wripro, one reason we differ is because Wind is much smaller than the Navigator and the Navigator has considerably larger suites which is important to us. It is easy to avoid the aft vibration on the Navigator but it does not have a forward Observation Lounge which I miss (not sure if the Wind has one). Perhaps, since both ships have undergone renovations, they both look good but the Cloud will always be too small.

In terms of Windstar and Sea Dream, while they are rated as luxury (not disagreeing) they are luxury yachts rather than cruise ships. I've been trying to understand the differences of the "luxury" ships/river boats/yachts in order to make comparisons easier. When I post about the "big four", it will always be the four cruise lines that are even recognized by CC as being on a different level. Now that Crystal is all-inclusive and will have true open seating, it is becoming easier to compare the four cruise lines.

I have no clue how to get CC to stop comparing luxury yachts, luxury river boats, luxury cruise lines, and premium plus cruise lines. For people new to cruising, it is confusing.

I any case, I wish that all posters could disagree as well as we do:D

I totally agree with your last sentence. At least our disagreements (and sometime agreements) come from experience and knowledge.

FWIW -- I have sailed on Silversea and Crystal and considered them comparable; both had service and other perks noticeably better than any of the other lines I have sailed on (including Celebrity, Cunard, Holland America, and Princess) so I consider them both luxury lines. In addition to those two lines and Regent Seven Seas and Seabourn, I think Sea Dream is also considered a luxury line (as is Europa, but that may be in even a higher ultra-luxury category).