Dyea Dave - Skagway

Rock712

Just a praise for their response. I had sent them an email asking about eateries in Carcross . We are booked on their Emerald Lake tour in late May. I received a phone call the very next day from Dave McClelland directly. The caller ID was Dyea Dave Juneau Alaska. We had a ~10min super nice conversation concerning my question on eateries and his resent cancer treatment. I found him jovial, very friendly and knowledgeable. He is in good spirits and coming along well after finishing the treatments.

• Like 1

.just to set the record straight my home is Skagway not Juneau.

so, I will just file this as part of a trip report, that you probably caught up with me, passing thru Juneau, on my way to one more c scan/exam which has turned out very well except I caught the snowstorms in Seattle, which made this a bit more adventurous than just a weekend in the City.......

Thanks for all of the faith and wishes and I hope to see you all on the dock in Skagway this summer!

DD

• Like 2

Hey DD,

So glad to hear that your trip and c scan turned out well.  8 of us are booked on the Norwegian Jewel from Vancover on 6/3 and have all booked with you in Skagway.  It is true that the train back now leaves at 3:30 and should we purchase tickets prior to arriving in Skagway? Thanks for the update on your health. and hopefully we will see you in June.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:21 AM, Joeghartman said:

I’m sold. Is there a link to book them?

You can visit dyeadavetoursdotcom but you will have to email or call to reserve.  You can get all the info on the website.

Edited by nednrom

Nagsheadbeachbum,

sorry I missed this one.

You should indeed purchase your tickets in advance.

The best way would be to call the WP&YR direct at 907-983-2217 or they do have an eight hundred number which will ring in down there at the office on the same line.

They will take credit cards over the phone.

Then the first stop after you are picked up at the ship will be at the station to pick up the tickets for the afternoon train, leaving Fraser at 330 pm

IT is also the best bathroom stop before leaving town!

SOme general advice to those of you who return from one of the summit trains.

if you find the lines too long in the RR station, at that time of day, just go next door to the NPS, which is next door, in the historic train station, the comfort rooms over there see very little use, and the place is worth a look around before you proceed across the street to the Red Onion where they do have bathrooms, somewhere back thru the mob of people.......

happy travels

DD

• Like 1