St. Pierre/DePaz distillery vs. Clement Plantation/Clement distillery

DRPWDunIL

Can anybody offer any insight on either of these two shore excursions? The Clement excursion has a weight limit of 195 pounds. Any insight into the nature of this restriction? I would have to lose some weight, LOL. But if the excursion is good, it might be a nice motivation.

Can anybody offer any insight on either of these two shore excursions? The Clement excursion has a weight limit of 195 pounds. Any insight into the nature of this restriction? I would have to lose some weight, LOL. But if the excursion is good, it might be a nice motivation.

Better still. Order your small wooden barrel of Rhum from Clement. Great conversation piece for your next BBQ with friends, or lay it down for a few years.

• 1 month later...

We did the St. Pierre / DePaz distillery excursion in December 2015. I did a review but because Photobucket decided to remove free 3rd party hosting you would have to click on each picture individually to see them. We really enjoyed our day there and thought it was well worth it. The drive over was beautiful, the distillery tour was great, and the museum and ruins tour was very interesting as well.

Here is the link, FWIW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2335174

We did the St. Pierre / DePaz distillery excursion in December 2015. I did a review but because Photobucket decided to remove free 3rd party hosting you would have to click on each picture individually to see them. We really enjoyed our day there and thought it was well worth it. The drive over was beautiful, the distillery tour was great, and the museum and ruins tour was very interesting as well.

Here is the link, FWIW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2335174

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

I will just add my notes about DePaz, which we visited on the same tour listed above:

We loved the lush, volcanic island and saw much of the interior on our bus tour. We headed south along the coastline to St. Pierre, the former capital and major port city which was destroyed by fire following an eruption of Mt. Pelle in the early 1900's. We visited a museum in that city as well as a few sites then headed to a gorgeous rum distillery on the slopes of Mt. Pelle. The rum is made from sugar cane grown in that volcanically enriched soil, so it is something special.