Alaska - on board

marazul

I have used Accuweather.com for the past few years to help plan for weather on trips. They have a monthly forecast forecast for most locations that shows the predicted weather on a day by day basis along with the historical average. I have recently been keeping an eye on it for various ports for our upcoming Alaska cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you regarding the jacket. I am in between sizes so I will size down and hope it's right.

According to friends of mine on board the jacket runs big. But there is a jacket exchange as there was in Antarctica. Also note the light lining does not zip out.

Jenidallas and Marazul,

I really appreciate your reports and positive attitudes. This clearly was an issue that came at Seabourn from out of left field but I am reassured by your comments that Seabourn is keeping the passengers informed and trying to develop an acceptable plan B.

Can you tell me a little about the scenery, if any you have enjoyed from the ship, and if you have seen much marine life so far?

Thank you regarding the jacket. I am in between sizes so I will size down and hope it's right.

If it's not, don't stress. They'll hold a jacket exchange the first morning. You'll just swap out for the correct size. 😉

The jackets are very nice and I am happy it has the lining. The weather has been drizzly and cool. Wrangell today is 50 degrees and windy.

You may or may not get the size you order at first. We got two XL having asked for L and M. Maybe they would fit by the end ofthe trip. Anyhow, we exchanged for the right sizes the next morning. You can try on the various sizes and then decide.

Not much marine life yet. Some bears and lots of eagles.

We are on the verge of booking the July 7th 14 day trip from Seward to Vancouver. Are excursion options not available until booking? I am searching the website and not seeing anything.

Thanks in advance to ANYONE who can help solve this puzzle for me. We are first time cruisers and flying in the dark here! Also, we have Cabin 528 on hold until tomorrow. Any comments?

Thanks again!!

Queenie

We are on the July 8 cruise. If you have questions about excursions in any particular locations let me know and I will tell you what is available. With the exception of a couple of zodiac rides all of the excursions we have booked are private, non Seabourn excursions. Hope you sign up.

We are on for late August. We would be interested to know what private excursions Chairsin has booked. I also am eager to hear how they actually work out for you. (After the cruise, of course!)

We are on the verge of booking the July 7th 14 day trip from Seward to Vancouver. Are excursion options not available until booking? I am searching the website and not seeing anything.

Thanks in advance to ANYONE who can help solve this puzzle for me. We are first time cruisers and flying in the dark here! Also, we have Cabin 528 on hold until tomorrow. Any comments?

Thanks again!!

Queenie

You picked a great cruise and cruise line for your first one!

The location of 528 is fine but want to make sure that you know that all of the cabins on deck 5 have half steel-half glass railings on the verandah ... not much of an issue when you're standing but will definitely block some of your view when sitting.

Click this link and you should be able to explore excursions, although it won't show pricing until you've at least paid a deposit. https://www.seabourn.com/luxury-cruise-destinations/Shore-Excursions.action?selectedNavElement=search

Hope this helps.

Barb

Ps if you do book the cruise don't forget to order your complimentary jacket ahead of time

Thanks again!!

Queenie

Hi Queenie, welcome to Seabourn. As a new Seabourn cruiser I can provide you with a referral coupon that entitles each of us to a $400 shipboard credit. If you book your Alaska cruise and are interested you can email me at sunprince005 at gmail dot com and I can organize it for you. There is a separate thread for referrals but since you are new to Seabourn you might not be aware of it. I am sure you will love Seabourn.

Hi Queenie, welcome to Seabourn. As a new Seabourn cruiser I can provide you with a referral coupon that entitles each of us to a $400 shipboard credit. If you book your Alaska cruise and are interested you can email me at sunprince005 at gmail dot com and I can organize it for you. There is a separate thread for referrals but since you are new to Seabourn you might not be aware of it. I am sure you will love Seabourn.

Just an FYI, Seabourn told me we can't combine the new cruiser SBC with the $400 Ventures SBC they're basically giving everyone in Alaska so you might want to double-check that with them (and please post back here if you find out differently please).

Just an FYI, Seabourn told me we can't combine the new cruiser SBC with the $400 Ventures SBC they're basically giving everyone in Alaska so you might want to double-check that with them (and please post back here if you find out differently please).

Thanks, you are most likely quite correct on combining a Seabourn paid credit with the referral.

We are on the July 8 cruise. If you have questions about excursions in any particular locations let me know and I will tell you what is available. With the exception of a couple of zodiac rides all of the excursions we have booked are private, non Seabourn excursions. Hope you sign up.

Great advice. I will definitely look for private excursions as well. Thank you.

You picked a great cruise and cruise line for your first one!

The location of 528 is fine but want to make sure that you know that all of the cabins on deck 5 have half steel-half glass railings on the verandah ... not much of an issue when you're standing but will definitely block some of your view when sitting.

Click this link and you should be able to explore excursions, although it won't show pricing until you've at least paid a deposit. https://www.seabourn.com/luxury-cruise-destinations/Shore-Excursions.action?selectedNavElement=search

Hope this helps.

Barb

Ps if you do book the cruise don't forget to order your complimentary jacket ahead of time

We did read about the balcony qualification on that deck and my husband was able to find a you tube video this evening of a deck 5 balcony and it put his mind at rest. We are both very tall and don't think it will hinder us too much.

Thank you SO much for the link to the excursions! I have it safely tucked away and will begin to pour through it. As for the jacket, we are so late to the game I've been told that jackets might not be able for us. I will know more tomorrow when we finalize booking. Just need one final double check from my husband's office that there are no problems with the dates. I'm getting excited.

We stayed 2 suites down in 532 on the Odyssey and didn't find the half metal and half glass balcony a problem at all. I hope you get it booked and you enjoy your cruise. Seabourn provides a fantastic experience.

To the OP - Sorry, we've gone totally off the original topic of this thread. I'm sure all of us would love to hear if you have any updates on the Venture excursions and anything else you care to share regarding how the cruise is going! :D Thx.

I would like to hear if there are any special events planned on board. Outdoor parties , ect.

We had an outdoor sailaway party in Vancouver. It was very windy and many guests stayed up on deck 9 by the Sky Bar, watching the band below.

Tonight we are having a Caviar on the Ice sailaway party from Sitka with caviar and vodka.

Rather than hijack this great thread about the current Alaska cruise I have detailed private tour information on the July 7 ( not July 8 as I mistakenly wrote above!!!) Roll Call thread.

Reading all this with much interest. Nobody has mentioned the same dates as my sailing : departing YVR on 21 July.

I am short, so I hope I get a full glass verandah screen.

Hi, "Short Anna" ;) - what cabin category did you book?