Willdra's Vivacious Carnival Vista May 14-20 Cruise

willdra

First time cruiser, sailing on the Vista for the Super Bowl, I never post on here, but just have to say I love you!!!!! Keep on being you......

Thanks a million! I’m super jelly tho, cruising the Vista for Super Bowl sounds phenomenal! The closest I can get to that is getting in my tub with my swimsuit on then turning our TV around so I can see it from the bathroom! If I close my eyes and add a fruity drink...Ahhhh who am I kidding, nothing beats a cruise!!! [emoji854][emoji2][emoji2] Bon Voyage!! [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

I love your reviews! Do you remember what the green stuff is on the tomato in the steak and eggs picture?

Last Sea Day

Part 1

I woke up to two competing noises. One was W snoring like a wild boar, and the other one was the crew cleaning the balconies. I didn't know what the second disrespectful sound was until I jumped up and opened the curtains to look out. Whoa, what did I do that for???? There were crew members right there on our balcony! I promise you I almost had a coronary on the spot, and I'm not 100% sure that I didn't have a small accident on the carpet. In any event, the noise was the product of them unlocking the partitions between the balconies and letting them bang around in the wind. Lovely.

Since falling back asleep was now as likely as W sporting a Male Romper on the Lido Deck, I started organizing my life for our return trip home. Bummer. W got up a short while later and I asked him how he slept through alladat balcony banging. He said that before he went to bed, he put some of my earplugs in. Lucky. I keep a bag of earplugs in my toiletries just for this purpose. The unfortunate thing is that you have to remember to put them in before bed. I usually don't. I barely remember to brush my teeth. Fail Whale!

We cleaned ourselves and dressed just enough to not be arrested, then started the slow migration towards food. There was a little wait to get into brunch this morning, which seems to be the norm at the end of the cruise. I guess lots of people discover it on the last Sea Day.

We were seated in Darinko's section, and he and Rai made us feel welcome and comfortable. Our orders were taken quickly and soon we were drinking coffee and enjoying the pastries that they bring out first. I had the lemon cake because I love lemon flavored desserts. Well, lemon flavored everything. Just about. We chatted until our food came out and then we jumped in. Everything was fabulous and I actually cleaned my plate which hardly ever happens. It looked like I hadn't eaten in weeks!

W giving his very crucial food order

34734955846_fd296406d5.jpg

Darinko's looking like he's taking notes for his thesis

34734956636_27d62f64ab.jpg

I'm just glad that I will be eating the Holy Grail of breakfast food soon

33933334714_413749a63c.jpg

Perfection on a plate!

34389745400_5f688bd622.jpg

W's nothing special Steak and Eggs

34643143741_2018fe4e00.jpg

Lovely Lemon Cake

34734953266_0a54ab529c.jpg

Based on an earlier comment I am going to comment to bump this up for you. Great review, thanks for all the pictures. We are on this same cruise in just 56 days. Can't wait to see this ship.

Thanks so much! Have an excellent cruise!! fedcc339f76b8ca653f12d79adc445ca.jpg

Your review was awesome, did you enjoy the the MDR more than the buffet? I noticed you barely ate in the buffet. We’re goin on the Vista 8 days on Jan 27th family of 6[emoji23]

Not sure about them but we were on Vista last August and we enjoyed the MDR more than the buffet.

Doug

Not sure about them but we were on Vista last August and we enjoyed the MDR more than the buffet.

Doug

Thanks for tip about the main dining room! The only night where the menu doesn’t look good is the first night in the dining room!

Thanks for taking the time to do this review! It was very entertaining and informative. Loved all the pics too! Wife and I are cruise addicts and part of my addiction is getting on Cruise Critic. Love reading reviews and researching the ports we will be visiting. Our next cruise is May 2019 on the Horizon so I am soaking up info from the Vista since it's similar. My wife doesn't really get on here much but I have to get her to read your review because there are a lot of things you said and did that remind me of her.

By the way, this past Sunday was a rough football day for your Dirty Birds and my Saints. Like a lot of people down here, I was hoping for an NFC South match up for the NFC Championship game. Oh well, great year for both of our teams.

Your review was awesome, did you enjoy the the MDR more than the buffet? I noticed you barely ate in the buffet. We’re goin on the Vista 8 days on Jan 27th family of 6[emoji23]

Thanks for reading and replying! [emoji7] We love going to the MDR on our cruises. It’s a good time to sit back, relax, and enjoy each other’s company over a great meal. For us, it’s a huge part of the cruise experience, and we look forward to it. Bon Voyage! [emoji2]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Willdra. Looked you up after you were nice enough to comment favorably on my Sensation posts!! In spite of some differences in our cruise preferences we have very similar attitudes about the whole experience. As others have pointed out, you are a great reviewer, a lot of fun and providing truly helpful details in the bargain! I'm glad to see the Vista, while having lovely modern decor, is not too beigeified in her color scheme. We'd love to give her a whirl, but the way we do things she may be a little past her prime by the time we get there.

Will be seeking out your other posts!

Hi Willdra. Looked you up after you were nice enough to comment favorably on my Sensation posts!! In spite of some differences in our cruise preferences we have very similar attitudes about the whole experience. As others have pointed out, you are a great reviewer, a lot of fun and providing truly helpful details in the bargain! I'm glad to see the Vista, while having lovely modern decor, is not too beigeified in her color scheme. We'd love to give her a whirl, but the way we do things she may be a little past her prime by the time we get there.

Will be seeking out your other posts!

Wow thank you so much!!! This totally made my day!! ❤️[emoji7]❤️

Hi Willdra, I am so glad that I ran across your review of the Vista. After reading so many negative reviews I was wondering if I had made a bad choice on choosing the Vista since I will be traveling with my family of eight Set 8, 2019 some who have never cruised before, and this will only be my second cruise. I must say that I truly enjoyed your review, it was funny, entertaining and very informative. I now cannot wait to see all that it has to offer. Thank you again for such a wonderful review, I now do not have any reservation about going. You have a real talent of keeping the readers attention. I will be sure to check out your other reviews. Keep up the good work.

Thank you! The Dream should be interesting, we will be traveling with a few family members. [emoji33][emoji15][emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you done the Dream review yet? Loved this review and look forward to reading that one since we are booked for the Dream on April 29th.

Hi Willdra, I am so glad that I ran across your review of the Vista. After reading so many negative reviews I was wondering if I had made a bad choice on choosing the Vista since I will be traveling with my family of eight Set 8, 2019 some who have never cruised before, and this will only be my second cruise. I must say that I truly enjoyed your review, it was funny, entertaining and very informative. I now cannot wait to see all that it has to offer. Thank you again for such a wonderful review, I now do not have any reservation about going. You have a real talent of keeping the readers attention. I will be sure to check out your other reviews. Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much for the compliments! You and your family are going to have the best cruise ever on the Vista. It’s perfect for first timers and veterans! Now I wish I could go with you!! [emoji7]❤️❤️[emoji7]

Have you done the Dream review yet? Loved this review and look forward to reading that one since we are booked for the Dream on April 29th.

LOL thanks!! [emoji38] Here is the link to my very wordy Dream review:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2565740

I don't know what your profession is @willdra, but if it's author, where can I buy your book? You are hands down one of the funniest people I have ever read! Laughed til I had tears running down my face & my sides hurt! Tonight when I say my nightly prayers, i'm def gonna thank God for your amazing wit.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

• Like 1