Cruise Critic Community
willdra

Willdra's Vivacious Carnival Vista May 14-20 Cruise

What kind of earplugs do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

These are my faves, because they mold to my ear, and I can’t feel them when I’m trying to fall asleep. After I put em in, I forget they’re there.

http://amzn.to/2CpKqos

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71SMbiQz2bL._SL1500_.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've spent my afternoon reading your excellent review. Loved your style of writing and your pics....you look so young. I can't believe you have grown kids.

Your review was so helpful because we just booked the Oct 6 Horizon cruise. This will be our 9th Carnival cruise. But the last one was 2016 (the Magic). We also are on deck 2 but in the family harbor section which is new to us. Going with friends who are bringing kids and wanted that family harbor section. We are in an aft extended balcony and I hope it's not too low where the engine or propeller??? noise will be a bother. Will have to get those earplugs above.

So some questions....also new to us is this staggered assigned arrival times. But I don't see on my cruise planner where I can select a time. Is it not going to be used on my cruise since it will be new to port of Miami? I heard no FTTF because of it being new there.

Also, you went in the Havana bar....so we can all use that bar and pool? Or is it just for Havana cabins? And Platinum guests? Or embarkation day everyone can? I'd love to have booked a cabin there and have access to that. But, you know, we went with the friends. Maybe another time.

Also, we chose your time dining. With a larger party, 8, will we have more of a wait for a table, do you think?

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We leave for Disney in 10 days, yet all I am thinking about is the Horizon cruise in October....sooooo excited!!!!

I've spent my afternoon reading your excellent review. Loved your style of writing and your pics....you look so young. I can't believe you have grown kids.

Your review was so helpful because we just booked the Oct 6 Horizon cruise. This will be our 9th Carnival cruise. But the last one was 2016 (the Magic). We also are on deck 2 but in the family harbor section which is new to us. Going with friends who are bringing kids and wanted that family harbor section. We are in an aft extended balcony and I hope it's not too low where the engine or propeller??? noise will be a bother. Will have to get those earplugs above.

So some questions....also new to us is this staggered assigned arrival times. But I don't see on my cruise planner where I can select a time. Is it not going to be used on my cruise since it will be new to port of Miami? I heard no FTTF because of it being new there.

Also, you went in the Havana bar....so we can all use that bar and pool? Or is it just for Havana cabins? And Platinum guests? Or embarkation day everyone can? I'd love to have booked a cabin there and have access to that. But, you know, we went with the friends. Maybe another time.

Also, we chose your time dining. With a larger party, 8, will we have more of a wait for a table, do you think?

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We leave for Disney in 10 days, yet all I am thinking about is the Horizon cruise in October....sooooo excited!!!!

Thanks a ton for your kind comments!

Anyone can use the Havana Bar. The Havana Pool area is unrestricted at 6pm every evening. We were happy with the other relaxation areas, so we never went back there.

From what I’ve seen and heard on the Vista, there is very little wait for Your Time Dining for parties of any size. 1 person in the party can go early to check everyone in, so I think that helps with crowd and wait control.

We are sailing on Horizon in April, and we had to select an Arrival Time. If you have to select one, it’ll be in your Online Check In Summary here:

a2d4a0229bd8e2d7a4d577e190ce22c5.jpg

I’m sure I will write some type of review after our April sailing, so please check it out for Horizon pics and tips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Havana bar has an inside and poolside bar. Everyone can use the inside Havana area. The outside opens to everyone at 7pm. We just got off last Sunday and had an amazing vacation in a Havana inside cabin.

Absolutely love your reviews, writing style, humor and you are lovely too! W is a lucky man! Hope you enjoy your next adventure and can't wait to read about it.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:49 AM, leight said:

Absolutely love your reviews, writing style, humor and you are lovely too! W is a lucky man! Hope you enjoy your next adventure and can't wait to read about it.

Thank you 😊!!!