A general Carnival roll call and board question.

fig414

My first exposure to the Cruise Critic board started in Jan 2004 when I found the board while researching an upcoming cruise. We decided on Caribbean Princess after 3 Carnivals over the years and I became a devout member of this board. My cruise is now less than 2 months away and there hase been 9 replies to the Roll Call (nine). I checked back and at 2 months previous to cruise day we were on the 5th Page. I know each cruise has its own personality, but I was always looking at the other lines general posts and Carnival's always seemed more crowded. The Princess board was great and had lively discussions and had some great controversy. I'm back to Carnival and it seems kind of mellow.

Maybe it was because the ship was new and the board was swirling with anticipation. I can't believe I just typed those words.

Maybe I just miss the controversy or has the Carnival board just calmed down?

Thanks

We cruise the same week every year, endof January. We have never had much luck with a huge roll call, just a few people each time. I think it's just an off week for most people, but we like it! Far enough past the holidays, and so cold here that I'm ready for a warmth fix to see me through til spring! We always meet many wonderful people on our cruises, just would be nice to have some cruise critic members to hook up with, too.

We are sailing on our 3rd Carnival cruise this Jan. (same time frame as SallyB each year, last week of Jan.) and have been posting on a roll call for about 2 months. We have about 5 or 6 people that post on a regular, pretty much daily basis. we are planning activities onboard and looking forward to meeting and spending time together. On our second Carnival cruise (Valor) there were about a dozen people posting, of wich about 4 or 5 posted daily (sometimes 3 or 4 times daily! :) ). We had so much fun with these folks that we are still posting everyday, but now it is down to about 3 or 4 of us.

Keep in mind that not everyone that reads the roll call will post. We ran into a few people that knew of the roll call thread, but would only read it. Shy maybe? Don't know.

I think one secret to keeping a roll call thread lively is to post every day. If people see an active thread, they are more likely to join in.

Now as far as the question about controversy, I think I know what you mean. It did seem that the Carnival board was a little more "opinionated" and boistrous until a couple months back. I have also noticed that some long time posters have left. Maybe that's why the board seems different?

Archived