Canapes

On the other hand if you organise a party the canapés are excellent, so different from the daily ones. Of course you do pay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How much are they and what sort of things do you get Dai? I wouldn't have a party unless we were sailing with friends but it's useful to know.

The daily canapés can only be described as vile, it's ridiculous you see them left outside doors - such a waste of food, effort and money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How much are they and what sort of things do you get Dai? I wouldn't have a party unless we were sailing with friends but it's useful to know.

The daily canapés can only be described as vile, it's ridiculous you see them left outside doors - such a waste of food, effort and money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

About £10 to £12 a plateful. 16 to 20 pieces, king prawns,

Pulled beef, haggis Balls smoked salmon, spring Rolls. These are the type of things you get. Always well presented.

Better than the ones delivered although you do get smoked salmon and strawberries dipped in chocolate on normal nights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes I agree the canopies are awful. Best bet is to ask your Butler (if he is any good, and will put himself out) to arrange with the galley to provide some canopies of your choice each evening. See attached pic as a snapshot of what has been conjured up for us (king prawns and smoked salmon) at no cost.

If you require a platter or two for a party, then as Dai said you will be charged a nominal sum.

Bal

we got back off Arcadia last Sunday. Didn't have strawberries dipped in chocolate once. I get to eat all of them as OH doesn't like them..so I missed out.

I also thought the ones we had were better than the last time we cruised. We use them to fill a little hole in our tummies, as we eat breakfast, but then nothing until late set dining...

we got back off Arcadia last Sunday. Didn't have strawberries dipped in chocolate once. I get to eat all of them as OH doesn't like them..so I missed out.

I also thought the ones we had were better than the last time we cruised. We use them to fill a little hole in our tummies, as we eat breakfast, but then nothing until late set dining...

Id have a gapping great hole if my tummy by that time and it would be grumbling loud enough to be in full competition with the ships engines!

We enjoyed the canapes on Aurora. We got the chocolate dipped strawberries twice (on each formal night). The only ones we didn't like were the smoked salmon and that is because we don't like smoked salmon. My 25 year old son liked them all and he is a fussy eater. I think our cabin was situated right by the galley, so I think we probably got them fresh.