Dance Lessons

thecruisers723

This thread reminds me of our first cruise 25 years ago to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. My wife and I decided to take a six week beginners ballroom course hoping that we would be able to dance on the cruise. 25 years on and we are still dancing, and still learning. In a few weeks we will be cruising and dancing on Queen Elizabeth to celebrate our golden anniversary.

In a few weeks we will be cruising and dancing on Queen Elizabeth to celebrate our golden anniversary.

Congratulations to you both! I’ve followed this thread with interest, as Mister and I will be taking our first crossing in August on the QM2 (for our 30th anniversary). We also started taking ballroom lessons to prepare for this. Neither of us have danced before, and we are enjoying it immensely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We did a short cruise to Guernsey rather than Hamburg and there was plenty of dancing. In fact we had the dance floor to ourselves from the start of the scheduled pre-recorded music for up to an hour before the build up to the live band. The only down side being that were “up to temperature” when we went off to dinner. After dinner other than the front rows of seats being taken we then danced until after midnight. Enjoy your dancing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 6:43 AM, JohnKen3 said:

Any idea of the cost of private dance lessons on-board?

We had private lessons on QV at Xmas and the cost is $70 fir 45 

there was no professional dancer on board one of the entertainment team did the lessons 

The reason that there was no pro dance couple was that the dance pros had a family emergency a couple of days before departure and couldn't make it to the ship, so the management asked one of the theatre company couples to stand in at short notice - hopefully there will be a high level professional dance couple to do top level show dances on formal evenings, as well as top level private lessons and the usual sea day dance classes on QV for all the other cruises this year and beyond.

Having well taught dance lessons allows any beginner to learn the basics setting up the foundations of good technique whether they wish to continue to learn to progress their dancing once back home or on future cruises, or if it is so that they can go to a social dance and get around the floor and enjoy the music and the company of their partner, but also for dancers looking to pay to get private lessons to improve their technique or choreography it is really important to have dance instructors who themselves have achieved a high level in ballroom and Latin dancing, usually by achieving some results in top level competitions in the past.

Either way hopefully the presence of top notch professional ballroom and Latin dance couples will remain a key part of the ballroom dancing experience on all Cunard cruises.

• Like 1