Mary Brickell Village?

BMitch

Is Mary Brickell Village similar to Bayside Market? Outdoor bar areas and live music? We normally stay at the Holiday Inn and go to Bayside the nights before we cruise, but looking at staying somewhere different next time.

Thanks!

It is very different.

Bayside is two levels with lots of stores on each level and most (not all but most) restaurants are on the lower level and outside towards the water. It gets very crowded by late morning. There are a lot of tourist shops that sell items of Miami and other such items but it also does have some stores you would find in a mall such as Gap, and others. Many of the restaurants (not all but many) are chain restaurants many are your typical chains such as Chili's.

Mary Brickell Village has one area that has stores on two levels. Most of the stores are just one of a kind stores. Inside the village but also extending out a couple of blocks are lots of restaurants. Some are chain but higher end chain restaurants, some are ones with just a few sister restaurants and some are one of a kind restaurants. It attracts tourists and locals whereas Bayside is more for the tourists.

At Bayside you will see a lot of younger folks from children to those in the 20's and 30's.

At Mary Brickell Village you'll see far less children and a range of ages from 20's all the way up to much older.

Nearby Mary Brickell Village is a new Centre called Brickell Centre. It is a mall but with different tiers and buildings connected by walkways. It has a lot of high end stores and some that are not high end and it is now attracting many restaurants.

My wife and I usually stay in Miami for several days. We like to walk. Bayside is not one that attracts us for dining other then one time eating lunch at Chili's. We do visit Bayside at least one time as just part of a walk and a couple of times have made a purchases there but for some item that we needed for the cruise. We prefer Mary Brickell Village and as well as Brickell Centre.

Here are a few photos.

One View of Bayside

dsc00131_orig.jpg

Brickell Centre

dsc00078_orig.jpg

dsc00077_orig.jpg

dsc00079_orig.jpg

The area of Mary Brickell Village with stores.

P1010882.jpg

Thank you - that was the kind of information I was looking for. Bayside has some areas where you can sit outside and enjoy a few drinks in the evenings, listen to music, and people watch [emoji3]. It seems like Mary Brickell is the same way, based on the pictures. And of course, shopping & food. I think it will be nice to try something different this trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you - that was the kind of information I was looking for. Bayside has some areas where you can sit outside and enjoy a few drinks in the evenings, listen to music, and people watch [emoji3]. It seems like Mary Brickell is the same way, based on the pictures. And of course, shopping & food. I think it will be nice to try something different this trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mary Brickell has plenty of places where you can sit outside. I live a block away and I'm usually there most weekends, was there last night! Many of the shops there have closed up but there are restaurants and they all have outside sitting areas.

Brickell Citi Centre is really lovely to walk around and they have lots of stores. There are also a few restaurants and a movie theater that you have to see to believe. It's like being in first class on a plane with how the chairs lay down. they bring you blankets, they bring food and drinks to your chairs, etc.

The restaurants here have outside areas where you can sit and people watch. Citi Centre has stores, restaurants, East Hotel and office buildings all as part of it and it spans blocks. My son's office happens to be here. I will say that the lobster rolls at Luke's Lobster are amazing!

http://brickellcitycentre.com/

Bayside is filled with all tourists, though occasionally us locals will go for a drink some place and to people watch. Mary Brickell will mainly be filled with locals.

OP: if you decide to stay in the Brickell area, I recommend the Hampton Inn Brickell. We stayed there in Jan. pre-cruise based on recommendations on this board, and it was just fine. It is NOT your typical Hampton Inn; it's more refined, and it's just a short walk to Mary Brickell Village.

All the above post are accurate. To make it simple, Bayside is a lot more tourist based where Mary Brickell is more local than tourist. Its not just that one building either, all along that avenue are places to eat and drink along with very close by the Brickell City Centre, which is fantastic.

There is no waterfront there though, as I am sure you noticed looking at a map.