Booking direct through Carnival or 3rd party?

Ltrikones

I will be in Nassau and Freeport in July. My son (16) wants to go to Atlantis in Nassau (no the waterpark, just Atlantis) but hubby and are unsure if it is worth the money. Would another beach be a better place for us? And should we book through Carnival?

He also wants to go snorkeling in Freeport but have read that since the hurricane, the snorkeling is not what it used to be? I looked at pricing through Deadmansreef.com and was going to do the 110% price guarantee through Carnival. Any thoughts on what we should be doing? This is our first cruise.

On our first cruise, we only did ship's excursions to get to know how excursion really works, from our experience and others. Familiar with the pros and cons of ship vs 3rd party vs on your own, we are more confident in making a choice on the next cruise.

In your case, I would take Carnival's price guarantee after understanding its fine prints.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I think I will be book directly with Carnival. You stated to make sure I understood the terms of the 110% price guarantee. Is there something that I didn't see? I thought that if you found the same excursion for less money, you filled the form on line and they let you know if you will be receiving the price guarantee.

On our first cruise, we only did ship's excursions to get to know how excursion really works, from our experience and others. Familiar with the pros and cons of ship vs 3rd party vs on your own, we are more confident in making a choice on the next cruise.

In your case, I would take Carnival's price guarantee after understanding its fine prints.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I am a little nervous not booking directly with Carnival. I have read about a lot of crime in Nassau and Freeport and I want to make sure I am back to the ship on time.

Atlantis is a short cab ride away, no need to go through the ship. You can but passes directly on their website. There is one that includes the beach and aquarium.

Thank you. I am a little nervous not booking directly with Carnival. I have read about a lot of crime in Nassau and Freeport and I want to make sure I am back to the ship on time.

I've been to Nassau with my 5 kids 4 times (twice to Atlantis), and never felt unsafe. You walk through festival place, find someone holding a sign for paradise island, and they will take you to a van. There is armed security all around. You can see Atlantis from the ship.