private tour in St. Petersburg

Has anyone done a private tour with just 2 people. with what tour company?

Yes. White Nights Travel. #5 on Trip Advisor. (URLs below) This was the company recommended by SPB when SPB declined to quote a price for of two only for a highly customized itinerary. Google my user name on this Board to see more details about our excellent experience.

Are you getting refusals from the four biggies on this board?

Link to White Nights Travel on Trip Advisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298507-d1753327-Reviews-White_Nights_Travel-St_Petersburg_Northwestern_District.html

Link to White Nights Travel own web site

http://www.wn-travel.com/wnt/Tours.html

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Spb let us do this with 2 adults and one child who was free.

Interesting since SPB wouldn't do this for us. Did you visit the standard sites or did you do a wholly custom tour? We were making our second trip to St Petersburg, having spent three days there via a river cruise from Moscow. That meant we didn't want to follow any of the standard tours. And that meant more organizational work for SPB than they cared to take on for two visitors only.

I'm looking into ARTEFACTUM for a private tour for one person (or others if they care to join) in St Petersburg. They specialize in art history, and you can make a custom tour of whatever you want. I found the recommendation somewhere on these boards.

. Did you visit the standard sites or did you do a wholly custom tour?
It was our first visit to St. Petersburg, so it was very close to a standard tour. We booked our cruise about a month before we sailed and this was 3 years ago when the mess with the Ukraine was happening, so I think there might have been at least a slight decline in travel at that time.

If SPB don't seem particularly responsive you should just keep trying the other major tour companies until you find one you are comfortable with.

We did a tour with TJ Travel last year for just the three of us.

We wanted to just do a one day tour and had specific places that we did or didn't want to go to. They were very good at working with us to put a itinerary together that worked well.

Overall it was an excellent service.

We used Best-Guides tours. They were very easy to communicate with via email. Told them we wanted to see how the regular people live. Went on subway, to a market, walked around some neighborhoods, then to some of the more touristy spots. Was wonderful having our own guide. She paid for the taxi, subway, etc. and we reimbursed her. There were 3 of us about this time of year in 2015. It was wonderful!

http://www.bestguides-spb.com/

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My friend and I had a two day private tour with Alla tours four years ago. It was amazing. I use a small mobility scooter so the trip was custom made. I can not praise Alla tours highly enough, we saw so much more than anyone who did the ships tours and it was wonderful to have our own guide, driver and very comfortable mercedes for the two days. The cost was not much more than if we had done 2 full day ships tours, thanks to a good exchange rate. They made my dream of seeing St Petersburg come true.