Special Promotions

rjp50

We are new to HAL. Some of the other cruise lines have special promotions for drink pages, OBC, gratuities, etc. Does HAL also offer these promotions? If so, how frequently? Should I wait for one or can you retroactively get the promotion after booking?

Along with the Ready, Set Sail, there is also a promo going on for European cruises on the Prinsendam 2018 cruises. An early booking promo of sorts. OBC can be up to $500/cabin, prepaid grats, flight ease credit and more bennies depending upon what category you book.

Now, usually, once the promo is off, we have found the pricing to be better and worth dropping the promo but I am unsure if this will be the case this time. Time will tell :)

As others have mentioned, promotions are not as good a deal as they used to be (IMO). Lately HAL has increased fares when the promotion comes out.

I like to book a cruise as far in advance as I can (assuming it is a decent price) and then monitor the prices and promotions as time goes on. If I find a better deal (for me) I rebook/reprice - very easy to do with HAL as long as it is prior to final payment. I have been know to do this several times on the same cruise!

I do the same thing with rental cars, hotels and airfares (on some lines).

If I find a better deal (for me) I rebook/reprice - very easy to do with HAL as long as it is prior to final payment. I have been know to do this several times on the same cruise!

I can't help but imagine that this practice must wreak havoc on your dining preferences and actually getting them each time..

I can't help but imagine that this practice must wreak havoc on your dining preferences and actually getting them each time..

Nope, not at all most times. Usually it is just a reprice and you keep the same booking number.

I dropped Explore4 when I saw the price difference when it went off on a cruise and my booking number stayed the same so no cancellation of shore excursions, dining, etc ;)

Nope, not at all most times. Usually it is just a reprice and you keep the same booking number.

I dropped Explore4 when I saw the price difference when it went off on a cruise and my booking number stayed the same so no cancellation of shore excursions, dining, etc ;)

Nice... good to know, thanks!

If you book with a non-refundable deposit is it still possible to re-book with newer rates/promotions? Also, do you do these bookings/re-bookings through a TA and do all TAs allow you to do this?

If you book with a non-refundable deposit is it still possible to re-book with newer rates/promotions? Also, do you do these bookings/re-bookings through a TA and do all TAs allow you to do this?

No, if one books with a non refundable deposit, you are unable to refare the cruise.

We book the Pinnacle Suite -- paying top dollar -- through a TA we have used for over 26 years.

And we book about 1 1/2 years in advance. And we have been turned down on promotions a couple of times while others who booked cheaper cabins and at later dates than us got the promotions even after they had booked their cruises.

HAL has their own rules as to how they things.