Longer Cruises - how to check how many cruise credits?

Sonicsmash214

If there's an embarkation port during your cruise, then it's sold in segments and you get a cruise credit for each segment. Go to the Captain's Circle Host and ask for the credit(s) or you can call after returning home. If your My Princess is not showing a credit for each segment, they can be applied during or after your cruise.

Will be sailing on the Majestic, 21 days. How do I tell if it is actually a B2B because on the itinerary it shows that some passengers embark in Hong Kong? Is it shown in the cruise personalizer?

The updated cruise personalizer lists how many cruise credits you received for each cruise you have completed as well as how many you will receive for your cruises booked in the future. I have one booked for 49 days FLL to LA and it clearly shows 3 cruise credits.

In your personalizer just click on the link next to "Total Princess Cruise Days" and you will find the info.

Thanks for the info. I checked My Princess and it's showing as 1 cruise credit. On the itinerary for Hong Kong, it says:

Tue, 06/27/17 Hong Kong, China

Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

Overnight

for Embarking Guests

check-In 1pm - 5pm.

12:00pm

Do you think I can get another cruise credit? Just talk to the Captains Circle Host?

I suppose one could always ask.

Below is a partial clip from my cruise history on the personalizer. The 49 day cruise is clearly shown as 3 cruise credits.

Cruise%20Credits_zpspzcozbak.jpg?t=1497399730

Just because some passengers may embark in Hong Kong does not mean your cruise is sold in segments. If they sell a segment from Singapore to Hong Kong and another segment from Hong Kong to Shanghai, then you should receive two cruise credits. However if they don't sell those segments but maybe from Hong Kong past Shanghai to somewhere else, then you would not.

As an example, Princess had a trans-Atlantic that started in Houston and then picked up passengers in Fort Lauderdale before sailing to Europe. However, they did not sell the segment from Houston to Fort Lauderdale separately, so the trans-Atlantic from Houston was only one segment.

Another example: In July 2017, you can sail the Regal Princess Scandinavia & Russia round trip from Copenhagen (11 days), round trip from Warnermurde (11 days), or round trip from Saint Petersburg (10 days). However, they are not advertising the segments from Wamemunde to Saint Petersburg (3 days), from Saint Petersburg to Copenhagen (4 days), or from Copenhagen to Warnemunde (3 days) as available separately. So even though you will have passengers disembarking and embarking twice during this cruise, I would expect only one cruise credit.

Just because some passengers may embark in Hong Kong does not mean your cruise is sold in segments. If they sell a segment from Singapore to Hong Kong and another segment from Hong Kong to Shanghai, then you should receive two cruise credits. However if they don't sell those segments but maybe from Hong Kong past Shanghai to somewhere else, then you would not.

As an example, Princess had a trans-Atlantic that started in Houston and then picked up passengers in Fort Lauderdale before sailing to Europe. However, they did not sell the segment from Houston to Fort Lauderdale separately, so the trans-Atlantic from Houston was only one segment.

Another example: In July 2017, you can sail the Regal Princess Scandinavia & Russia round trip from Copenhagen (11 days), round trip from Warnermurde (11 days), or round trip from Saint Petersburg (10 days). However, they are not advertising the segments from Wamemunde to Saint Petersburg (3 days), from Saint Petersburg to Copenhagen (4 days), or from Copenhagen to Warnemunde (3 days) as available separately. So even though you will have passengers disembarking and embarking twice during this cruise, I would expect only one cruise credit.

You have explained the situation very well. Since the cruise is not sold with a Singapore to Hong Kong segment, the OP will almost certainly receive only one cruise credit. The Hong Kong to Shanghai segment is also not offered for sale on the Princess site so it might only be offered to Chinese passengers.

Will be sailing on the Majestic, 21 days. How do I tell if it is actually a B2B because on the itinerary it shows that some passengers embark in Hong Kong? Is it shown in the cruise personalizer?

It is only a B2B if you booked it that way. Did you book 2 separate cruises? Or, did you book it as one?

It is only a B2B if you booked it that way. Did you book 2 separate cruises? Or, did you book it as one?

No, it doesn't matter how you booked it. If it is available in two segments, then you will receive two cruise credits even if you booked it as one cruise.

I am booked in a suite on a 14-day Caribbean East/West Adventurer cruise on the Caribbean Princess round trip Fort Lauderdale on 16 February 2019 with a turn-around day in Fort Lauderdale in the middle of my cruise. This cruise is also sold as two 7-day cruises round trip from Fort Lauderdale. I booked it as a single cruise with a single booking number and a single deposit. Since I booked it as a single 14-day cruise, I receive $250 Military OBC (instead of two times $100 for two 7-day cruises) and $250 Shareholder OBC (instead of two times $100 for two 7-day cruises). I just checked my Cruise History on Cruise Personalizer for that Future cruise. The Cruise History shows 4 Cruise Credits for that single 14-day cruise (two credits for each of the two 7-day segments in a suite).

I am also booked in a suite on a 14-day Circle Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess round trip Fort Lauderdale on 18 March 2018. I also booked this as a single cruise, and I receive the same OBC as for the other 14-day cruise. However, this is a true 14-day cruise that does not return to Fort Lauderdale in the middle and it is not sold in 7-day segments. The Cruise History for this Future Cruise shows only 2 Cruise Credits (two credits for one segment in a suite).

We booked 17 days SF to FLL through the Canal. More passengers embarked in LA. However, the cruise was not sold as SF to LA so that portion didn't count as an extra cruise credit.

I did a 34 day cruise they sold it in three or four segments, I got one credit.

It doesn't matter because my status in days is miles ahead of credits.

Cruise credits do matter if you care about getting Loyalty Credit.

No, it doesn't matter how you booked it. If it is available in two segments, then you will receive two cruise credits even if you booked it as one cruise.

I am booked in a suite on a 14-day Caribbean East/West Adventurer cruise on the Caribbean Princess round trip Fort Lauderdale on 16 February 2019 with a turn-around day in Fort Lauderdale in the middle of my cruise. This cruise is also sold as two 7-day cruises round trip from Fort Lauderdale. I booked it as a single cruise with a single booking number and a single deposit. Since I booked it as a single 14-day cruise, I receive $250 Military OBC (instead of two times $100 for two 7-day cruises) and $250 Shareholder OBC (instead of two times $100 for two 7-day cruises). I just checked my Cruise History on Cruise Personalizer for that Future cruise. The Cruise History shows 4 Cruise Credits for that single 14-day cruise (two credits for each of the two 7-day segments in a suite).

I am also booked in a suite on a 14-day Circle Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess round trip Fort Lauderdale on 18 March 2018. I also booked this as a single cruise, and I receive the same OBC as for the other 14-day cruise. However, this is a true 14-day cruise that does not return to Fort Lauderdale in the middle and it is not sold in 7-day segments. The Cruise History for this Future Cruise shows only 2 Cruise Credits (two credits for one segment in a suite).

I stand corrected.

How long ago was that? Up until about 5 years ago they did only give one credit for a long cruise booked as a single cruise instead of as separate cruises.

It doesn't matter because my status in days is miles ahead of credits.

Sometimes people get on and off at different ports but the cruise itself is only considered one segment.

Sometimes people get on and off at different ports but the cruise itself is only considered one segment.

They were certainly selling it as two seperate cruises one 17 nights one 16 nights there were a few other configurations too, but only through select TAs, so I didn't include them as segments.

They were certainly selling it as two seperate cruises one 17 nights one 16 nights there were a few other configurations too, but only through select TAs, so I didn't include them as segments.

In that case you should contact Princess. In 2015 we took a 27 day British Isles/TA which we booked as one cruise, and we got 2 credits each. We're also getting 2 credits each for the 27 day Caribbean Princess cruise in September which is sold as two separate cruises.

In that case you should contact Princess. In 2015 we took a 27 day British Isles/TA which we booked as one cruise, and we got 2 credits each. We're also getting 2 credits each for the 27 day Caribbean Princess cruise in September which is sold as two separate cruises.

The change to provide multiple credits automatically is relatively recent. Before that change was implemented, you had to call and ask in order to receive the multiple credits.

The change to provide multiple credits automatically is relatively recent.

The change came after June 2013 and before April 2014. But, as I posted recently we just did the 29 day Sydney to LA on Emerald Princess (April 12 - May 10) that was clearly bookable as a 7 day Sydney to Auckland and then a 22 day from Auckland to LA. 300 of the 3000 passengers disembarked at Auckland and 300 more boarded.

I called about a month before boarding as my cruise history only showed one "future" cruise credit. The Princess rep agreed that it should show 2 credits and put me on hold while she checked with the CC department. She came back saying the second credit would appear while we were onboard or just after we disembarked. I was suspicious as this isn't how it has worked since 2014, upcoming logical cruises have automatically shown as 2 credits.

We have been home for over a month now and still only have received one credit for the 29 day cruise. The lost cruise credit really doesn't mean much to us as we have more than doubled the number of cruises and cruise days for Elite. We just move a bit slower up the Captains Circle loyalty OBC ladder.

Of course we also had to go 29 days with a single Elite minibar setup when we boarded expecting to share two minibars over that time frame. We also had significantly less internet minutes to get us through the 29 days and just a single wine tasting. These are all perks that we appreciate very much which keeps us coming back to Princess now for over 20 consecutive cruises and 33 total Princess cruises so we were just a little disappointing when we only receive half of what we were expecting to receive.

All in all a nother fantastic cruise though!

AE_Collector

Loyalty credits are based on days or cruises. You could have 3 cruise credits and only have 1 day at sea. Unless I missed something in your post.

Tom

Loyalty OBC is based only on number of cruise credits. Number of days does not matter.

Thanks for the info. I checked My Princess and it's showing as 1 cruise credit. On the itinerary for Hong Kong, it says:

Tue, 06/27/17 Hong Kong, China

Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

Overnight

for Embarking Guests

check-In 1pm - 5pm.

12:00pm

Do you think I can get another cruise credit? Just talk to the Captains Circle Host?

I just took a look at the Majestic sailing this year and it appears that the only one marketed in the US is the 21 day and you can't purchase it in segments. Evidently, you can purchase starting in Hong Kong only in Asia.