Rci majesty or carnival liberty

One of the few instances in which I would say Carnival.

Majesty is one of the smallest and oldest ships in the industry. It has little more than a pool, TINY cabins, a theater, a few old lounges, and a dining room.

It was fine back in the day but I would never use vacation days to sail on Majesty anymore with so many better options available.

Aside from the fact that Liberty's cabins look like a pepto bismol bottle exploded on them, the rooms are significantly larger.

Liberty also has a nice covered pool aft, and a waterslide on the main lido. Red Frog, Blue Iguana and Guys Burgers are also nice additions to the pool area.

Like kruzrci said, this is a rare occasion I'd recommend the CCL option.

We had to make this choice for a three night cruise and picked the Carnival Liberty because it is newer, bigger and has more things to do. The only way I go back on the Majesty is Jr. Suite or better. Otherwise, just not worth it for me.

We were in this situation last year, only Carnival Victory and Her Majesty.

We have sailed Majesty before, but in a Grand Suite, and as lazydayz mentioned, as nice of a ship she is, the regular cabins are too small, and lack of a balcony in anything but a Jr. just helped reinforce our decision for Carnival.

Now for Carnival in general, the ship was clean, the food was better than RCCL, in my opinion, the piano bar and acoustic singer in the Atrium was great.

The problem is the people sailing.

I have been on many short Carnival, and RCCI cruises, as we live close to either Port Canaveral, Port Everglades, and Port Miami.

It was mid October, so not many kids but this cruise was full of drunks. Loud, sloppy obnoxious drunks.

Screaming and yelling, domestic fights, all night long, from almost every cabin on our deck. Deck 7.

I never saw that before on Carnival or any other line.

We were in this situation again this year with Liberty and Majesty, I like Port Canaveral alot and figured we'd spring for a JR on Majesty, came close to going with Carnival because of price again until I woke up.

We decided, and I suggest you head to Port Miami and just go on Enchantment.

Great crew, very nice ship, the Solarium and Park Cafe is the best.

You will be much happier. This will be #4 for us on her.

• 2 months later...

Just sailed on Liberty last weekend after a long hiatus from Carnival, and am sailing on Majesty in December. From my research, I would pick Liberty any time. The Chef's Table and steakhouse were both fantastic, and the crew/staff were just incredible. With the Serenity deck for adults and Carnival 2.0 upgrades, I was pleasantly surprised. And surprisingly, for a quick 3-night trip, we had no issues with rowdy fellow passengers and everyone seemed to just be enjoying themselves. I was a little worried after not sailing Carnival for a few years, but those fears were unfounded - we had a spectacular little getaway. (Hint: if you take Liberty and book the steakhouse the first night, the 50% off a bottle of wine option is a much better deal than the free bottle of 'wine' option you can get - we paid $75 for an outstanding bottle of Far Niente cabernet that I wish I had bought cases of at that price. :o )

We love Majesty and have sailed her many times. We are booked again next January. We also have a Carnival Liberty booked in October so we will be able to do a direct comparison then. Given our experience, which as been all good with MJ, I would still say take a hard look at the Liberty all things being equal (price, schedule, etc.). For a short cruise, it is really a large, nice ship. Liberty would probably be doing 7 day cruises if not for an issue with the propulsion system that limits her speed. The ship has a lot to offer.