Gallery One or Homewood Suites Dania Beach

ski_mom

There are 6 in our group - my husband, 3 kids, my mom and myself. Kids are not little anymore - 20, 19 & 15.

We currently have rooms held at Gallery One and Homewood Suites Dania Beach (I've had Gallery One booked for awhile, but Homewood just opened up today, so I booked, but want to cancel one in the next couple of days after deciding which one to keep).

We will arrive at FLL around 1:00 on Thursday and our cruise leaves on Saturday, so will have a day and a half or so. We are planning on doing the water taxi on Friday, but not sure about Thursday afternoon / evening yet.

They are about the same price for one of their 2 bedroom units, so the setup is sleeping setup is basically the same for both locations. I figure if we do Gallery One, we will use Uber as our transportation and if we stay at Homewood, we would probably rent a car (I didn't see that have have airport or pier shuttles). Overall, Uber would probably be a little less cost than renting car for that time, but probably not a huge difference.

I've never been to Fort Lauderdale before, so just wanting other's opinions if you had the choice between the 2 hotels.

Thanks!

DH and I stayed at Homewood Suites a few years ago, not cruise related though. They have a free managers receoption Mon-Thursday so you could save a few bucks on Thursday night by eating at the hotel. It's basically free dinner. They also have a good buffet breakfast with hot/cold items. If you are beach bums there is a bus stop close by that will take you there. I did this on most days while DH was working. Any more questions let me know! Hope this helps.

Since you are staying more than one night and will be sightseeing on Thursday afternoon and Friday, definitely pick Gallery One. It is a stop on the water taxi route (www.watertaxi.com) and on a sun trolley route (www.suntrolley.com). You will be only 2 blocks away from the beach (and lots of restaurants) and a short ride to the heart of Fort Lauderdale - Las Olas Blvd (www.lasolasboulevard.com) - with more restaurants, museums, galleries, shops, etc. And, if you feel the need to shop, the Gallery One is next door to a very nice mall (the Galleria) with shops and restaurants.

Gallery One is in a much better neighborhood....you can walk to the beach, mall, and restaurants. Homewood Suites is off of I-95, nothing interesting around there, so you have to drive and park everywhere. You can pick up breakfast bars and wine at the Publix across the street.

Gallery One is in a much better neighborhood....you can walk to the beach, mall, and restaurants. Homewood Suites is off of I-95, nothing interesting around there, so you have to drive and park everywhere. You can pick up breakfast bars and wine at the Publix across the street.

Op, sorry for hijacking your thread. Royalcruz, we are in the same situation but will have a rental car. I'm reading that the valet parking charges at Gallery One are steep. Is the neighborhood in Dania Beach bad?

We're considering one of the properties there for 3 nights (not interested in going to the beach).