Visas for Israel

Hi,

I'm a citizen of a Southeast Asian country where it is sensitive to visit Israel. I'd like to ask anyone who has done the sailing passing Israel on whether the immigration actually stamps on the passport itself, or do they stamp it separately on a card and there's no trace of the stamp on the passport.

Also, is there a provision for visas to be arranged on board the ship before docking at Israel? I read on some RC cruises e.g. Shanghai to Singapore, they could arrange China visa on board. I know China and Israel are very different but was wondering if anyone could share their experience on this.

Thanks!

I am a US citizen and for American visitors (I don't know about treatment for citizens of other countries) Israel will not stamp your passport. When you arrive as a tourist at State Of Israel Border Control they will scan your passport, take your picture and print out a small card that says "B2 Stay Permit - Not Valid For Work". You keep that Stay Permit with you until you depart. When you leave Border Control will collect the Stay Permit and issue you an "Exit Permit". That's it. So, to address your primary concern, there is no trace of visiting Israel on my passport.

I am a US citizen and for American visitors (I don't know about treatment for citizens of other countries) Israel will not stamp your passport. When you arrive as a tourist at State Of Israel Border Control they will scan your passport, take your picture and print out a small card that says "B2 Stay Permit - Not Valid For Work". You keep that Stay Permit with you until you depart. When you leave Border Control will collect the Stay Permit and issue you an "Exit Permit". That's it. So, to address your primary concern, there is no trace of visiting Israel on my passport.

Thanks so much for this. It has been helpful. Was this a recent trip?

yes, as the passport clearly states "valid for visiting all countries except Israel".

Excuse me for my stupidity, but if your passport states that it is valid for all countries EXCEPT Israel, how then would you be able to visit Israel with a passport that prohibits travel there? Do you have another passport that you would use? I know some people have dual citizenship so they might have another passport.

Just wondering.

Excuse me for my stupidity, but if your passport states that it is valid for all countries EXCEPT Israel, how then would you be able to visit Israel with a passport that prohibits travel there? Do you have another passport that you would use? I know some people have dual citizenship so they might have another passport.

Just wondering.

Therefore if there is no stamp on the passport, it will be fine to visit. Citizens of countries in Southeast Asia are not allowed to hold dual citizenship legally.

Just wondering.

There are a number of countries which do not recognize the existence of Israel as a country. Most are in the Middle East or Africa, but there are two in SE Asia.

Their passports might well reflect this official position without influencing Israel's willingness to admit their citizens (at least after sufficient screening and scrutiny).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These countries will deny entry if a visa expired/unexpired or a stamp from Israel is in the passport book even if the traveler is from a third country. The United States allows for a 2nd passport book to be issued to cover this scenario.

Iran

Kuwait

Lebanon

Libya

Saudi Arabia

Sudan

Syria

Yemen

There are a number of countries which do not recognize the existence of Israel as a country. Most are in the Middle East or Africa, but there are two in SE Asia.

Their passports might well reflect this official position without influencing Israel's willingness to admit their citizens (at least after sufficient screening and scrutiny).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting (and sad). I was wondering the exact same thing.

Thanks for the explanation.

These countries will deny entry if a visa expired/unexpired or a stamp from Israel is in the passport book even if the traveler is from a third country. The United States allows for a 2nd passport book to be issued to cover this scenario.

Iran

Kuwait

Lebanon

Libya

Saudi Arabia

Sudan

Syria

Yemen

Thanks for this info. Fortunately I have no travel planned for the above mentioned countries.

At one time, I had to have 2 passports because my employment required travel into Israel, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

Just out of curiosity how did you obtain 2 passports? Are you also a citizen of another country or did you get 2 US passports?

Just out of curiosity how did you obtain 2 passports? Are you also a citizen of another country or did you get 2 US passports?

The United States will issue 2 passport books upon request for a fee with a valid reason such as frequent travel with visas required or visiting Israel. The second passport expires in 4 years instead of 10 years. The legal department for my employer provided a letter stating I needed the second passport for business travel.

The United States will issue 2 passport books upon request for a fee with a valid reason such as frequent travel with visas required or visiting Israel. The second passport expires in 4 years instead of 10 years. The legal department for my employer provided a letter stating I needed the second passport for business travel.

Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea this was even possible. Makes total sense given your work.

I can't add any more then has already been said to this question but.... My husband used to travel for work with 2 passports to get around the issue of having 'stamps' from some countries in his passport that weren't acceptable in other countries. Yes, they were legal passports and OK'd by our Government due to the amount of travel that was required by his job.

Hi,

I'm a citizen of a Southeast Asian country where it is sensitive to visit Israel.

Also, is there a provision for visas to be arranged on board the ship before docking at Israel? I read on some RC cruises e.g. Shanghai to Singapore, they could arrange China visa on board. I know China and Israel are very different but was wondering if anyone could share their experience on this.

Thanks!

If you hold an Indonesian or Malaysian passport, you will need to obtain a visa in advance, which can take several weeks. You will not be able to obtain one on the ship.

• 2 months later...
Therefore if there is no stamp on the passport, it will be fine to visit. Citizens of countries in Southeast Asia are not allowed to hold dual citizenship legally.

The following nationalities need to do ISRAELI visa prior to ship arrival, however disembarkation WILL NOT BE GRANTED.

In order to try to get the permission to go astore, guest’s bio-data have to be passed to the GSS (General Security Services) through our Port Agent, within 10 days before the date of the call./

Tunisia, Somalia, Egypt, Eritrea, Malaysia, Jordan, Mauritania, Morocco, Qatar, Indonesia