?'s train from ANC- Seward

hlsess

Just got our packets from TA- says check in is at 11:30 departs 1 PM for 4.5 hour ride- is there any decent food/drinks on train? the luggage tags that they gave us are paper- how do they attach to the luggage-I feel stupid!!!

the luggage tags that they gave us are paper- how do they attach to the luggage-I feel stupid!!!

We now always put the paper tags in a clear plastic holder attached to the suitcase. Before the reusable plastic tags, we would cover the tags with a clear shipping tape and around the luggage handle.

Just got our packets from TA- says check in is at 11:30 departs 1 PM for 4.5 hour ride- is there any decent food/drinks on train? the luggage tags that they gave us are paper- how do they attach to the luggage-I feel stupid!!!

When we took this train we got one complimentary glass of champagne and then could buy additional beverages. There was food available for purchase.

The luggage tags we got had peel off backing with adhesive on the back. So we just peeled off the backing and looped it around the handle sticking it to itself. This was a couple of years ago, so can't help of they've changed since then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The train ride is lots of fun. It's amazing to see the number of private airplanes in Alaska, parked in the yard next to the house! Once you get out of the urban area the scenery is terrific.

When we went we had assigned seating, and met another couple who were also assigned to our table. We switched places halfway through the ride so that one couple didn't have to sit facing backwards the entire way. We made new friends that day.

The luggage goes by truck, and arrives at the ship a couple of hours before the train does, so may already be in your room when you arrive.

Enjoy.

The train should have dining available, if not the snacks are not too bad. The bar service is excellent.

The train is run by Alaska Railroads (the state government). My trip was Seward to Anchorage, and started at 8am. There was beer, wine, cocktails, sandwiches, and I think they could have rounded up an omelette.

They have menus with different cruise-line's names on them. They accidentally gave my railroad car the "Princess" cruise line menus and had to pick them up and pass out the Silversea menus. They both had the same food selections.