First suite cruise, need help please

Niagarawine

hi we have sailed on Hal before but this is our first in a suite, excited. Booked a guarantee on the Eurodam and was wondering what to expect. What is a no host mini bar? Really like what I read about music venues and especiallynBB Kings blues club,really need this cruise as our son has been very ill this year. Thank you,Kathy

The No Host mini bar in your cabin means that there isn't a bar server to serve you drinks from it. BUT -- you do have to pay for anything in the mini fridge (cooler) -- nothing is free.

Can't help you with what perks you may have as there are several different types of suites.

If you're on Signature or Elite beverage package the mini-bar drinks are not included in your daily limit. Just a heads up.

We had a Signature Suite (did a late in the process upsell offer) and it was very nice and much larger than regular balcony. Neptune suites are even better and come with Neptune Lounge access and some other perks that we were not interested in so did not want to spend the extra grand on. Our suite was missing some features (like jetted tub) due to being wheelchair accessible but we probably would not have used it anyway. I could definitely see the value of a suite though on longer cruises like a transatlantic with lots of sea days.

We listened to the BB King venue a bit and it was OK but liked the Lincoln Center Stage performances a lot more. The intimacy of the venue and the acoustics blew us away.

We don't have the beverage package but did get a good price on the suite and obc. We were on Niew Amsterdam on our last cruise and it was a few years ago before the music change and all. I was pricing the drinks and they seem more reasonable than we had on Silhouette last year. The reviews on Eurodam really are what convinced me to book,

We don't have the beverage package but did get a good price on the suite and obc. We were on Niew Amsterdam on our last cruise and it was a few years ago before the music change and all. I was pricing the drinks and they seem more reasonable than we had on Silhouette last year. The reviews on Eurodam really are what convinced me to book,

Is this a Neptune Suite or a Verandah Suite? Different answers for each. We enjoyed the Neptune Suite on the Neiuw Amsterdam last Feb - very pretty ship. I understand the Eurodam has a different decor scheme but all the same great features.

Hi we booked a guarantee signature so I don't think we will be getting a Neptune or would we? Are all suites quiet?

You will get a signature suite in your cabin class level. You might get an upsell to a Neptune for an additional cost. However, every once in a while the Upgrade Fairy does something magical and gives you a Neptune Suite for no additional cost, but highly unlikely.

So at this point, you get a very nice sized verandah cabin as your first "suite". It is a very good choice. What is at stake for you is the location will be determined later, and that is where your "guarantee" comes in - you will get the verandah cabin but you won't know where it is. Start thinking about what it would be worth to you if you do get a Neptune suite up-sell offer in case that comes your way.

Oh now you have me thinking about the Neptune cabins! I was going to book Koningsdam for the spring transatlantic, have done two of them and love them. But they are time intensive and this year is too hectic. The Neptune lounge sounds divine. I really feel that suites are a good value,

Oh now you have me thinking about the Neptune cabins! I was going to book Koningsdam for the spring transatlantic, have done two of them and love them. But they are time intensive and this year is too hectic. The Neptune lounge sounds divine. I really feel that suites are a good value,

We always evaluate Neptune Suite upsell offers on the per diem price, others have other formulas. But in our minds we have a sense of what it is worth to us each day and work on the final upsell price from that first level consideration.

So the first upsell offer is a consideration of numbers of days of the cruise itself, but then also how many at-sea days does the cruise have when you will find having the benefits of the Neptune Lounge of more value.

Even at a good price per day, if it is a short, port intensive cruise it might not be worth it regardless of the price. For the same money as the upsell, one might want to take some more expensive shore excursion or buy special souvenirs instead.

• 2 months later...

just did our first full upgrade to a suite Neptune 7 day western caribbean we got $550 OBC PG Dinner for 2 and signature drink package $9 we splurged on our 30th anniversary and my 65th too

why not spend what we worked and saved for......

just did our first full upgrade to a suite Neptune 7 day western caribbean we got $550 OBC PG Dinner for 2 and signature drink package $9 we splurged on our 30th anniversary and my 65th too why not spend what we worked and saved for......