Vancouver hotels

Julia’s Journey’s

Princess uses the pier right next to the Pan Pacific Hotel. There are a lot of hotels within a few blocks including the Marriott Pinnacle, The Renaissance, The Hyatt, Sheraton Wall, Fairmont. Or you can stay at the Pan Pacific and just take the elevator down to catch the ship.

The pier is in an excellent location - right next to Robson Street, Gastown, lots of shopping and restaurants.

If you do a search on this website - you will find many posts about using Priceline for Vancouver. People have received several hotels for $60 and up using Priceline.

Part of my family staying at the Renaissance with their hotel points - so no cost to them. I went on line to book and they want $267!!! I have read so much about Priceline, that I want to try it - and get a more reasonable rate.

Question to someone who lives in Vancouver or has been - what are the hotels closest to the Renaissance? If I know the hotels, I can look up their star rating and see if they have been bidding at a three star or four star. This way I will know which star to bid.

I would like to try to find a hotel within a block of the Renaissance, although I know with Priceline I can't choose.

Thanks for your help.

Part of my family staying at the Renaissance with their hotel points - so no cost to them. I went on line to book and they want $267!!! I have read so much about Priceline, that I want to try it - and get a more reasonable rate.

Question to someone who lives in Vancouver or has been - what are the hotels closest to the Renaissance? If I know the hotels, I can look up their star rating and see if they have been bidding at a three star or four star. This way I will know which star to bid.

I would like to try to find a hotel within a block of the Renaissance, although I know with Priceline I can't choose.

Thanks for your help.

The Hyatt is probably a 4 block walk (quick walk). We stayed at the Renaissance once while my mom was at the Hyatt. The Marriott is right there and the Pan Pacific and Fairmont (Waterfront?) is within a block or two. The other Fairmont is probably 4 blocks as well.

I don't live in Vancouver, I have just stayed in that area (and in those hotels) for the last 4 summers.

Last year we stayed at the Fairmont, the one across the street from the Pan Pacific. Loved it. We've also stayed at the Bayshore. Great hotel. There's a walkway that runs from the Fairmont & Pan Pacific right past the Bayshore. Walk further and you reach the edge of Stanley Park. If you have time, do the walk, it's great... maybe a couple of miles, maybe a little less, great scenery, mountains, water, marina and some restaurants along the way.

Dear itdjbw

You are going to be really happy with the Bayshore. I have stayed in that hotel many times over the years and it is excellent. It is located right on the harbor and at the entrance to Stanley Park. Lots of great restaurants only a block or less from the hotel. they also have a wonderful check in package for kids. They have both an inside & outside pool as well as all the other amenities you expect from a 4* hotel.

You are only about 6 blocks to the pier so a short cab ride is all you need to get to the ship.

Dear Luckyladyh

The Delta Pinnacle is right accross the street fromt he REnnasance and the Bayshore is only about 4 blocks away as is the Hyatt (just in opposit directions from each other).

Hope the above answered all your questions

Yes I live in Vancouver

I also got the Westin for $80.00 for June 30th. I had been trying up to $115.00 and hadn't gotten anything so they must have just opened up space. I was thrilled with the location and hotel. I am now bidding on Anchorage and it seems to be quite high as I bid for $100.00 and got a response to up my bid $22.00 and try again. I decided to wait 72 hours and bid $105.00 and see if I get something. I am pretty sure it will be the Sheraton.

You guys are great, this morning I was able to the Westin for $80 (+tax) for July 1st. I have never purchased from Priceline before, seeing all of your post helped over come the first time jitters and was just the push I needed, Thanks!!

I was concerned with it being around the 4th of July ( I know, Canadians don't celebrate the 4th!) I was going to be out of luck getting a decent price. By the way I only bid once for $80, since it was a price I could live with. Another note, I understand with Priceline you are purchasing a standard room and since we have three adults, I contacted the Westin directly after confirmation and requested two beds and was changed from King to two doulbes, YMMV.

A 4* hotel, a nice way to fininsh our Great Alasakan Adeventure!!

Again, Thanks for the push!

Laura

I have never used priceline and am confused. Can you choose the hotel you want. I looked at site and it said they would find a 4* hotel for me at the price I choose but I want the Westin. The price was $269 (YIKES). Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

You can't choose the Hotel you want...just the star rating. However, it seems that the only Vancouver Hotel anyone is getting for next summer is the Westin. That can change at any moment. Just choose 4-star and DT Vancouver and hopefully you will end up with a good price on a great hotel.

Jensenbeach you can only nominate the star category and area you would like - we have also (Thursday we successfully bid) just got the Westin for 3 nights next September for $60pn - after reading this board I found it was strongly suggested that you should read biddingfortravel.com - the link I have saved is http://p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding as a starting point should answer a lot of your comments - one of our little group going on an Alaskan cruise next Sept asked for some hints as to how we got the Westin and this is what I wrote to her:

Ok Lynda quick lesson which I hope will be clear - bid for a 4 star in the VANCOUVER AREA ONLY (DO NOT DO 3STAR - could end up anywhere!!) I started at $50 - once your bid is rejected (if it is) I think it is 72 hrs you have to wait before you can try again - but if you add another zone to the area you wish to stay you can rebid - so add ONE ONLY at a time (that way you can keep increasing your bid slightly several times) othe zones being either surrey, langley or delta as those 3 areas only have 2 star hotels so you can safely add them to your area - that way it gives you an extra few bids before the lockout period (that's my understanding anyway) so I bid at $50 then $55 and finally hooray at $60!!! In Julia's case (which I hope she won't mind me sharing) they came back with a counter offer (which didn't happen with us) which she accepted at a similar price.....

Lynda also managed to get the same hotel at $60 night!! I had thought it might be a little early but with Julia successfully bidding thought well..... Hope it works for you just read up these boards are ENORMOUSLY helpful - good luck

Jane

You can get even more free rebids if you start at the beginning a couple of times

1.Bid Downtown

if rejected

2.Bid Downtown and Delta

if rejected

Start the bidding process from the beginning

3.Bid Downtown and Surrey

if rejected

4. Bid Downtown and Langley

if rejected

5. Bid Downtown, Delta and Surrey

if rejected

6. Bid Downtown, Delta and Langley

if rejected

7. Bid Downtown, Surrey and Langley

if rejected

8. Bid Downtown, Delta, Surrey and Langley

As you can see, this approach gives you many more free rebids and is especially useful if you need the room soon and don't have too many 72 hour waiting periods left.

By start the bidding process from the beginning, I mean go back to the hotel start page and enter all the info again from scratch instead of continuing with the current bid.

Hope this makes sense...it works!

:D

Ahhh thanks pamwinn will store that info away:D hadn't thought of doing it in reverse!!

By reading the info on the website mentioned in my post above and drilling down they list the hotels and the star rating for each of the areas which is how you know which areas you can/can't add - if that also makes sense...

It's also a good idea to start a fake bid on one area at a time and priceline will take you to a page that shows the star ratings in each area. Then just click the back button anc check another. It is possible for a hotel to be added to priceline and the info on bidding for travel not updated. You can get a big disappointment if that happens. A friend of mine in a hurry got caught like that once when a hotel was upgraded from 3 to 4 star in an undesirable area that she was using as a free rebid zone. I always check before I bid, even if I just bid 72 hours earlier.

I love Priceline.:D

Archived