Vancouver hotels

Julia’s Journey’s

I did it- too!!! $60 a night for three rooms for 3 nights starting 7/26. Yeah!! I closed my eyes, hit the button, and chanted to the screen. My 13 year old told me I wasn't quite right. But it worked!! Only $600 for all of us. I love these boards. I've gotten so many good ideas.

Hi Pamwynn,

Just wondering if you have any expertise on getting a room in Victoria on Priceline. I can't seem to find anything on the boards when I do a search that can help me. Your instructions were so wonderful for Vancouver. I tried to find information on betterbidding.com but couldn't find the help I needed. Do you have any suggestions?

sasha'smom

I too am wondering about Sutton Place. I got a pretty descent rate for this hotel but it is not on the water. Has anyone stayed there? How far is the hotel from the port?

Any info will be helpful!! Thanks in advance!!

Sheryl

I too am wondering about Sutton Place. I got a pretty descent rate for this hotel but it is not on the water. Has anyone stayed there? How far is the hotel from the port?

Any info will be helpful!! Thanks in advance!!

Sheryl

IT is on Burrard Street...just seven short blocks from the waterfront.

I hope this doesn't get lost "in the shuffle", but I'm trying to figure out where in Vancouver to book a hotel. Obviously downtown, but what area should I focus on and/or avoid? It's apparent no matter where you are downtown, you're about 2 miles away from the port, so that's not a concern. Conversely, I'll probably booking the same hotel after cruise as well, so I'd want it to be in a nice, tourist friendly area.

We are staying at the Residence Inn, by Marriott, on Hornby Street. I read a few online reviews, and all were favorable, so hope it is indeed a good hotel. We plan to do some sightseeing there that day and want to do some walking, so also hope it is in a good area. We paid $80 ($100 with taxes, etc. added) per night through Priceline, so I am happy with that. Anyone here know anything about it?

Donna

We are staying at the Residence Inn, by Marriott, on Hornby Street. I read a few online reviews, and all were favorable, so hope it is indeed a good hotel. We plan to do some sightseeing there that day and want to do some walking, so also hope it is in a good area. We paid $80 ($100 with taxes, etc. added) per night through Priceline, so I am happy with that. Anyone here know anything about it?

Donna

Donna, When are you staying there and is that a 3 or 4 star hotel. I am still not having luck on a couple of my dates. (6/1, and 6/17-19)

Kevin, If you are bidding on priceline, you want to choose Downtown Vancouver.

Pam

Pam, we are staying there on Friday June 9th. We are staying in Seattle on Thursday night, taking the Amtrak Cascades Train to Vancouver on Friday, and staying there Friday night before we cruise out on Sat. It is listed as a 3 star hotel, but the reviews I read gave it a 4 1/2 star rating. One reviewer gave it a 3 because he/she said it is too far from everything if you are walking with little ones. Also said that it was kind of spooky walking at night from Robison Street because there didn't seem to be anyone else walking around. We don't have any little ones, and probably won't be doing a lot of walking after dark, so I am not too worried.

Donna

Donna, When are you staying there and is that a 3 or 4 star hotel. I am still not having luck on a couple of my dates. (6/1, and 6/17-19)

Kevin, If you are bidding on priceline, you want to choose Downtown Vancouver.

Pam

I realize downtown, but is there any area I should steer away from there...?

Thank all of you so much for all your help. I read all of your posts on how to do the priceline thing because I'm a newbie to priceline and I got the Westin Bayshore for $60 for 9/23. $329 on their website, so happy. These boards rock ! ! :) :) :)

Well, I went ahead and did it. Ended up getting Ramada Inn & Suites Downtown, for both nights! (Before and after the cruise.) How I managed to do that I'll never know... So has anyone stayed here before? Any above average, but not pricey, restaurants in the general area??

My cousin who is cruising with us is a smoker and was very concerned. The new nonsmoking policy was announced months ago. I went to the website and emailed them, below is part of the response:

All Tower building rooms have small step out balconies. The Main

building rooms have sliding glass doors, so if needed you could stand by

the doors and smoke there. There are some suites in the Main building

that have balconies as well. Hope this info helps.

Regards,

amy blackstock, reservation agent

the westin bayshore vancouver

1601 bayshore drive, vancouver, british columbia V6G 2V4 Canada

tel 604.682.3377 ext. 5486 fax 604.691.6980

westin.com> your road to renewal

Kevin, tell me the location. You did get it thru Priceline? Better price than $60 Westin? I'm waiting for others to open up since the Westin is non-smoking & @ this time I'm one of those awful people!
I did Priceline and got it for $70 each night. Not a huge savings, but for some reason PL was not cooperating well for me. :D And it's the one at 1221 Granville.

Intresting info in thread - never used Priceline before.

Bid 60 USD for 1 night 8/9/06 (return from Alaska Southbound - Spirit).

Bid rejected - added zone (Delta) raised bid to 62 USD - accepted. A great saviings over normal reservation with Marriott for 210 USD. :eek::):eek:

Hi, I finally figured out how Priceline works, etc. BUT, what I can't find is any place to tell how many people per room we need. We are 4 and was thinking it might be less costly for us to book all of us in one room for the 3 nights (6/15-6/18/06.

Any answers as to if you can and where you can bid for a room to to accomodate 4 people.

Thanks, Nancy

My wife & I tried priceline this evening for a 4 star - downtown Vancouver at $75 and were rejected. I am leery of adding other areas to my bid and will probably wait the 72 hrs to rebid. Anyone have any recent success for this type hotel / location? We are thinking about trying $90. We need the room for two nights (6/24 - 6/25). Thanks for any feedback

Archived